10 week us showed swollen abdomen? Help!

Yesterday on my us the dr said the babys abdomen looked a little swollen. She said she is not sure why and she had me schedule an appt with a high risk doctor in 2 weeks. I am so worried. Anyone have this and what was it? I am 10 weeks pregnant.

Just did a quick look around the internet and I think you’re little one is probably just fine. Try to not dwell on it, it won’t help ya one bit anyway. If you haven’t already, you might try to finagle an earlier appointment. It’ll be admitably hard to keep your cool for 2 weeks.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks so much finch. I have been near tears about this because I have read it could be a sign of a more serious birth defect.

I’m sorry you’re going through such a scare. In my opinion, it might be better to wait until your regular apt with the high-risk doctor in 2 weeks (instead of trying to get in earlier) because the baby would’ve grown a lot more and it’ll be easier for the doctor to access. When they’re too little, it’s often difficult to see things well and they’ll just make you come back for a return apt anyway.

I agree with BabiesAreCute; your fetus is very tiny so far and I’ve never really seen a doc measure or take much note of the abdomen this early. (Not that I have a ton of experience, but still.) I think that your doctor is probably being very conservative and just wants to get you in with a high-risk doctor as early as possible in case it’s a sign of anything, but only the high-risk doctor will be able to really take a good look and assess if your doc was even seeing anything at all. With the babies so tiny, it’s really easy to get image artifacting and other clutter on an ultrasound that make all kinds of things look like they’re there when they’re not (and vice versa), and it usually just takes a few different looks to see if it’s real or false.

Oh! Good points by the others. Waiting so the baby is bigger is probably a good idea. I hadn’t thought of it in those terms.

…but again, good luck and try to stay calm! :grouphug:

Thank you so much ladies. My appt is on the 27th so ill update you then. I really appreciate the support. I have been feeling so depressed about this.