15 month old and Christmas gifts??

Hello Ladies I was just wondering what everyone does for Christmas gift wise with little ones?? My daughter will be 15 months and I just didn’t know if you go all out or just get a few things or nothing??!! and if you do get them things what suggestions do you have?? Like if your little ones LOVE any kind of item!! Thank you sooo much!!! Have a great weekend!!!:grouphug:

DH and I are torn - we feel very strongly that our house does not need to be filled with toys, but no matter how much we’ve begged my mom to get her only one or two things she just gets one or two boxes and then puts literally 10 things in each box. My brother’s the same way with her. For her birthday DH and I got her 5 gifts - mostly inexpensive things that we found on sale and wouldn’t have thought to ask for, like a little truck I found at a consignment sale and a book and things. I did splurge and get her an activity cube from Target - our friend has one and she really recommended it.

As far as stuff Rachel ( our 12 mo old) likes and that she’ll get even more use out of in the next year, I’d say her Bounce and Spin Zebra is very high on the list - a friend found it on Craigslist for us for $20 and it’s in great shape. She also likes her Fisher Price Learning Home a ton. We got it at a consignment sale for $20. She also LOVES books. We’re probably going to look for a water/sand table next as she LOVES playing in the water. Hope that helps

I think we are going to take it easy this Christmas. Last Christmas we and my family went nutz and we did the same for our LO’s 1st B-day. So…now we have way to many toys for the house and she usually just pulls them out of her toy box and throws them all over the floor.

I’m going to get her some new things that she can grow into…Caryola beginers crayon, market, and tub crayons, a Magna Doodle for the car, Books, and maybe a Little Tikes inflatable ball pit. My mom has already picked out a Wagon for her.

If you need ideas however - we have just about every toy imaginable. Brianna loves her Little Scout doggie that talks to her, she loves her Little Tikes Cozy coupe car, stuffed animals, and any toy that makes noise when she shakes it.

[quote=KristaME2]I think we are going to take it easy this Christmas. Last Christmas we and my family went nutz and we did the same for our LO’s 1st B-day. So…now we have way to many toys for the house and she usually just pulls them out of her toy box and throws them all over the floor.

I’m going to get her some new things that she can grow into…Caryola beginers crayon, market, and tub crayons, a Magna Doodle for the car, Books, and maybe a Little Tikes inflatable ball pit. My mom has already picked out a Wagon for her.

If you need ideas however - we have just about every toy imaginable. Brianna loves her Little Scout doggie that talks to her, she loves her Little Tikes Cozy coupe car, stuffed animals, and any toy that makes noise when she shakes it.[/quote]

Well my baby is younger than yours, but I am trying to avoid having my family members bombard my house with ridiculous amounts of toys this Christmas. I only got Patrick a couple of things, learning toys that are stimulating for him, and some clothes. Thats it. He doesn’t even really need many clothes since we have a lot of hand me downs from my sister and her boys. But I did get him a couple of outfits. The only thing I asked for was an exersaucer, because we don’t have one yet, and he will be 4 months at Christmas, so I think the timing will be perfect for him to start using it.

Caden’s older, but last Christmas we got him an Incrediblock and then a few smaller toys (ring stacker, a phone that he could push the buttons on and get noises, drum that plays music, push train, that sort of thing).

We have a strict limit with relatives (one or two items period) and have been quite clear that over-gifting will be rewarded by generous donations to local charities of the excess gifts (We have one problem grandparent who doesn’t know what a boundary is :grr:).

The hard part is that his birthday is in Jan so we have themes and we don’t buy anything in that theme for Christmas. This year it’s books, but when he’s older it will be whatever he’s into that year to make it special.

Momitchi: That’s an awesome idea for the grandparents - I’ll hav to use it. Thanks!

Tish- My husband and I were just talking about what to get Sadie. Some of her fav toys she got for her birthday are kitchen set, water table, Little Tykes push car, motorized ATV, a wagon, a shopping cart, baby doll and stroller.

My friend asks the grandparents to get her kids memberships to the zoo, children’s museums, local childrens theaters, ect. I thought that was a really great idea!

We went a little crazy this year but my daughter doesn’t have a lot of toys for older kids. I try really hard to only buy her toys on her birthday and Christmas. If I have to get her anything else then I always buy it at a consignment sale. I did clean out all her toys so that our house won’t be overrun with toys when the holidays come.

My daughter is 15 months now and I highly recommend the little tykes bike. You can push them in it when they are younger and it turns into a tricycle. She got it last year for Christmas and we use it all the time. She asks to go for a ride in it everyday.

My daughter is also really into dolls so I think she is getting a cradle and a nice doll for Christmas for her grandparents. I always try to get the grandparents to buy one large gift that will grow with her.