1st IVF cycle

I’m getting ready to start my 1st IVF cycle…after 2 failed IUI attempts. Any other 1st timers out there?

Hi Hope Faith,
I am planning to move on to IVF next year as well. I did 2 IUIs and no luck. I figured may be it is time to move to a more aggresive approach.

I am taking a break to infertitily treatment in general for a few months. I am going to start probably in March or April of 2011.

When do you plan to start?

I hope we can find a few more first timer to go through this together.

Best wishes on your IVF cycle.

V

Hi Hope_Faith –

We cycled together a few months ago (Aug? Sept?), and I remember you saying you were moving to IVF. I had three failed IUIs this fall, so it looks like IVF with ICSI is the next step for me. We are currently waiting on the results of DH’s last SA to decide if we are doing one more IUI in Jan or going straight to IVF. I’m really scared of IVF but I’m also ready to have something work, and the odds are much better especially since we seem to have some sort of male factor.

It’ll be nice to go through this with someone I “know” :slight_smile:

Kobe - I remember you too from the IUI board; nice to see another familiar “face”. Good luck, ladies!

I’m doing IVF for the first time this Jan/Feb. I’ve never done any infertility treatment before so this is a whole new world. I’m learning alot from these boards though!

Hi all,

I will be starting my first IVF cycle this month, with egg retrieval in January. I’ve been watching posts on this site and this is the first time I’ve posted anything, so I’m learning how all of this works!

I’m extremely nervous about the whole procedure, but excited, as well. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2.5 years now. We have gone through a total of 6 IUI’s, and I had lap surgery to remove fibroids and RE found endometriosis. Still no luck conceiving, so I am really hoping IVF will work.

I look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing through their first cycle.

I’m not a first timer but just wanted to let all you January IVF ladies know that we’ve already got a thread going and there are a lot of first-timers. Come on over there too!

Heather

I am 4 weeks :preg:after doing IVF for the first time. I did several rounds of iui before making “the move.” Good luck!!!

It is great to hear story of ladies who got :preg: on first IVF.

Spaitt…yes…I think we were on the October or September IUI thread before. I am happy to see some familiar names here too…sounds like we are all moving on.

Best of luck everyone. :babydust: :babydust:

Hi,
I’m hoping to start my first IVF in Jan 2011. A nervous wreck at this point.
Best of luck to all!
:pray: