1st IVF Scheduled for June

HI Guys-
I just wanted to know if any of you out there are beginning your IVF treatments in June 2013. It looks like I will be beginning at the start of the month and am very anxious and overwhelmed by the whole process.
It will be my first treatment and we are going straight to IVF as recommended by my Infertility doctor.

I guess I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through the process in June- I picked up all of my meds last week and just broke down at the sight of them- I realize it is a blessing that this option is there for me just struggling with it at the moment I guess as well as being excited at the prospect of being a mom!:flower:

[quote=Anxious_1]HI Guys-
I just wanted to know if any of you out there are beginning your IVF treatments in June 2013. It looks like I will be beginning at the start of the month and am very anxious and overwhelmed by the whole process.
It will be my first treatment and we are going straight to IVF as recommended by my Infertility doctor.

I guess I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through the process in June- I picked up all of my meds last week and just broke down at the sight of them- I realize it is a blessing that this option is there for me just struggling with it at the moment I guess as well as being excited at the prospect of being a mom!:flower:[/quote]

Not doing IVF but I can relate…when I got all my meds in the mail I felt very overwhelmed…I think I cried for 2 days…but just take it one day at a time…and these boards are awesome!!! Best wishes with all your upcoming appointments and IVF!!

Thanks so much–:smiley:
I guess it is compounded all the more by the fact that I don’t have my family with me here- I immigrated to the states over 3 years ago and all of my family are at home in Ireland- while my husbands family are a support there is nothing like the comfort of your own family.
Then meds have really overwhelmed me! I have refrigerated them and put the others away- which is not me as usually I need to know everything about medication…:eek:
I was aware of all of the injections but I also got 3 bottles of oral meds- have no idea what they are for-- Does anyone know on here???:confused:
Slow and steady I guess

Hi & :welcome: . I am in the TWW for my first IVF cycle, so I understand completely how you feel. I also emigrated here 3yrs ago, so know how it feels to be without family & friends. If you need to talk, PM me

The 3 bottles are probably:

1. An Antibiotic for you to be taken 2 days prior to retrieval through to the evening if transfer
  2. Muscle relaxant to help relax the uterus during & post transfer,
    3.this one I’m not sure of as I only had the other 2, but I know that my clinic also puts some people on prednisone from trigger to transfer,so it could be that. May also be an antibiotic for your husband/partner, just to insure there’s nothing in his little guys that’s detrimental to your eggs.

I would highly recommend joining either the June IVF group or the late May/early June one. I found my may group to be really supportive & help ease my anxiety. They are also a wealth of knowledge

:grouphug:

http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/vitro-fertilization-ivf/2020213695-ivf-june-2013-buddies-needed.html

Join us here. We are gearing up for June IVF. I’m a first timer…as well as others in our group.

[FONT=‘Arial’,‘sans-serif’][SIZE=3]Anxious1 – We just completed our 1st IVF and everything went great. We are currently awaiting the timeframe to complete our FET. I just wanted to say best wishes and hang in. I hope everything goes as planned for you and your DH.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=Anxious_1]Thanks so much–:smiley:
I guess it is compounded all the more by the fact that I don’t have my family with me here- I immigrated to the states over 3 years ago and all of my family are at home in Ireland- while my husbands family are a support there is nothing like the comfort of your own family.
Then meds have really overwhelmed me! I have refrigerated them and put the others away- which is not me as usually I need to know everything about medication…:eek:
I was aware of all of the injections but I also got 3 bottles of oral meds- have no idea what they are for-- Does anyone know on here???:confused:
Slow and steady I guess[/quote]

Anxious 1 - OMG I am in the same boat as you. I cried all night after opening the box of meds that had been delivered while i was at work. I also had no clue I was getting oral meds too. I have 2 bottles of pills, a bottle of lupron, lie 4 Gonal-F pens and the trigger shot. And about 100 syringes :woohoo: I hate needles. And I also usually research everything to the max in my life, but these meds scare the crap out of me and I am so overwhelmed that that shoved them in the fridge and closet and don’t want to look at them. You are not alone!!!

I go for blood work on Friday and will likely start the Lupron that day. When are you starting? Most of the ladies on here have told me that the anticipation of giving yourself the shot is worse than the actual shot. I’ll let you know my opinion later in the week!

[QUOTE=Anxious_1]HI Guys-

I guess I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through the process in June- I picked up all of my meds last week and just broke down at the sight of them- I realize it is a blessing that this option is there for me just struggling with it at the moment I guess as well as being excited at the prospect of being a mom!:flower:[/QUOTE]

Anxious - come join us on the June board! I see GiGi already posted a link to it :slight_smile:

The oral meds I have to take are doxycycline (an antibiotic - both DH and I had to take 2x/day for 10 days), dexamethasone (a steroid/immune suppressant), estrace (after the retrieval or transfer…can’t quite recall LOL) and then I’ll be taking valium the day of the transfer. I think that’s it.

The meds can definitely be overwhelming at first but don’t worry it will all work out and make more sense when you get your IVF calendar!

How cool that you’re from Ireland! I would LOVE to visit there some day!

Well, I hope to see you on the June board with us! GL!

[quote=Anxious_1]HI Guys-

I guess I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through the process in June- I picked up all of my meds last week and just broke down at the sight of them- I realize it is a blessing that this option is there for me just struggling with it at the moment I guess as well as being excited at the prospect of being a mom!:flower:[/quote]

I won’t be starting in June…luckily I have my miracles already, but I just wanted to wish you luck! IVF can be very overwhelming, we jumped straight into it as well. It is great that you found these boards already! I didn’t realize there was an online fertility community until we were going through our second round of IVF. Hope this is the cycle for you!!!

I will be starting meds mid June on the Stop Lupron protocol. Come over to the June boards with us. :welcome: It is my first time too and we haven’t done any prior treatments.

Thank you Thank you

OMG thank you so much for all of your posts of support! I joined the June board so look forward to chatting to you all on there…
At the moment taking it all day by day- according to my calendar day 1 of my next cycle is on Friday May 31 so I guess I have 1 week or so to go!:eek:
Still have not looked at the meds but maybe tonight I will take a peek…:o Looking forward to chatting to you all on the June board, best of luck everyone and thank you again :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: