1st time IVF 35+ December 2011

There is an excellent thread on these forums for December IVFs - I am posting also there - ladies there are great!
Just thought it might be a good idea to have a smaller thread / group for us ladies over 35 and trying the IVF for the first time…

Hope someone will join me here :slight_smile:

Count me in!

I’m looking at a mid-late Dec. ER/ET. This will be IVF #5 for us. No luck yet…

~Jenn

Hi Jenn!

Well, it looks like it’s just you and me here so far :slight_smile:

I just found another thread - First time IVF January 2012…wrote something there too, since I learnt today that my ER/ET should be at the beginning of January…

How are you doing? Are you stimming? I am a newbie as far as this IVF thing goes…just had my sono-HSG, trial-transfer, and b/w today, all looked good…I should be getting my calendar with protocol in next 2-3 days…will know more then…but I think the doc said I will start Lupron in 2 weeks.

Anyways, hope this round will work for both of us! :babydust: :grouphug:

Well I obviously didn’t even read your post correctly since you said IVF#1 and I am clearly NOT on my first try! Oh well…Good luck to you!

Thank you. Good luck to you too! Just btw, there are ladies in that “1st timer” January thread who already had several IVfs too…so if you want to, come and join us there :clap:

Sending you lots of positive vibes and plenty of :babydust: !

Hello!!
Im new to this site and browsing and I found you two:clap: Im 38 and this is my first ivf I have blocked tubes and my hubby has no mf issues he is fine. I think we are almost on the same cycle being my egg collection is this saturday which would be 03dec11 I only have like 5 follicles but praying for more before the actual day I only had like 5 to really be hopeful about i had 20mm, 3x19mm, 18mm my estrogen lvl is only at 1240 but re said that was good and that my lining was perfect:cross: Im praying that all of us who have to go threw ivf soon get:babydust: . :cheer: to all of us

[quote=islandwahine]Hello!!
Im new to this site and browsing and I found you two:clap: Im 38 and this is my first ivf I have blocked tubes and my hubby has no mf issues he is fine. I think we are almost on the same cycle being my egg collection is this saturday which would be 03dec11 I only have like 5 follicles but praying for more before the actual day I only had like 5 to really be hopeful about i had 20mm, 3x19mm, 18mm my estrogen lvl is only at 1240 but re said that was good and that my lining was perfect:cross: Im praying that all of us who have to go threw ivf soon get:babydust: . :cheer: to all of us[/quote]

Oh - all the best and good luck with your egg retrieval this Saturday- yay :cheer: You are almost done! How exciting! Well, when I started this thread, I thought I would be “December cycle”…things got delayed and I am actually now just waiting for my period to show up, which will put me in january stimming and ER/ET first week of February…so you are well ahead of me :slight_smile:
But let me know how the ER goes on Saturday! Sending you lots of :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: .

[QUOTE=SunshineMind]Oh - all the best and good luck with your egg retrieval this Saturday- yay :cheer: You are almost done! How exciting! Well, when I started this thread, I thought I would be “December cycle”…things got delayed and I am actually now just waiting for my period to show up, which will put me in january stimming and ER/ET first week of February…so you are well ahead of me :slight_smile:
But let me know how the ER goes on Saturday! Sending you lots of :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: .[/QUOTE]

Well er went great better than I expected I had 5 follicles that they said they would try to collect from and they actually where able to get 7 :thankyou: i got the call today and they said that 1egg was immature and one hasnt fertilized yet but it still has a chance and then 1 that was not looking to good but I had 4 fertilize with no icsi :slight_smile: hopefully they keep growing to come back into healthy transfer I so am ready to be a mommy:dance:

Not over 35, but I just wanted to wish you ladies the best. I am starting my journey toward baby number two this month. Hope y’all have a lot of positives!!!

Hello Ladies!!! I was happy to see that this thread was started. I just started my presceening for my fist IVF in February or March of next yr. I know Im not as far along as you ladies are but I hoe thar I will be able to stay and learn from you all.

:welcome: Brit & passion I didnt orignally start this thread but I just wanted to sau welcome and if i can help with anything please ley me know i know its a roller coaster ride going threw this journey but Im praying that i get good news tomorrow!!:cheer: to all of us :woohoo: