1st time IVF after 2 yrs of IUI's

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am about to start [SIZE=3]my Lupron this Friday[SIZE=3] to begin my[SIZE=3] 1st[/SIZE] IVF cy[SIZE=3]cle. My husband and I have been [SIZE=3]trying to have a family for 10 yrs total. The past 5 years we have put all our effort into it. We even became fo[SIZE=3]ster parents [SIZE=3]in hopes of adopt[SIZE=3]i[SIZE=3]on. We were given premature twin girls. Even got to take them home from the hospital. We were told we could adopt them [SIZE=3]only to have them rip[SIZE=3]ped [SIZE=3]away from us when they were 6 mos old. We then did 2 years of [SIZE=3]IUI’s. Our dr could not figure out what was wrong. Our infertility is still unexplained. This is our 1st round of IVF. We are [SIZE=3]praying and hoping for either our own set of twins or even triplets would be a blessing. We are set up to use ICSI for fertiliza[SIZE=3]tion.[/SIZE] I am a bit nervous. I am in the mi[SIZE=3]ddle of a p[SIZE=3]reg pill pack and I passe[SIZE=3]d bloody tissue and began a bleed. I am worried this will [SIZE=3]interfere[/SIZE] with my IVF schedule. I had to have a tumor remo[SIZE=3]ved before I could even begin my IVF treatment.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Any info on this tissue I just passed or on this sudden bleed in the middle of my c[SIZE=3]ycle w[SIZE=3]ould be helpful.
:pray:[SIZE=3] We p[SIZE=3]ray th[SIZE=3]at all is well and everything will work out.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

Hello :slight_smile:

Im sorry about the adoption doing south. That has to be horrible. We will be doing our first IVF come Aug. I want to say goodluck to you. One thing to remember though is you want a healthy baby out of it. I wouldn’t say wish for twins or triplets. Those pregnancies can be hard on a person’s body and are more high risk. My triplet pregnancy was very high risk and i ended up losing all 3 of my babies.

:cross: :cross: :cross: :cross:

Thanks our we have already discussed it with our dr as to how many embryo’s to transfer. We are transferring 2. She knows our hope is for twins and she is completely behind us on the decision. I am so sorry that you lost your triplets. That would be completely devastating! I am 33 and my hubby is 35 so we are not getting any younger.

[QUOTE=Denz80]Thanks our we have already discussed it with our dr as to how many embryo’s to transfer. We are transferring 2. She knows our hope is for twins and she is completely behind us on the decision. I am so sorry that you lost your triplets. That would be completely devastating! I am 33 and my hubby is 35 so we are not getting any younger.[/QUOTE]

Yeah transferting 2 is pretty normal on a first IVF. Depending on our egg quality we’ll either transfer 2 or 3. But more than likely 2 since we’ll be doing assisted hatching along with ICSI and AH ups the chances for identical twins. Yeah, im 33 turning 34 in Sept and hubs is 31. Goodluck!

Frankly, I am surprised that your doctor let you have two years of IUI. My doctor only allowed for 3 IUI cycles before we had to do IVF. Having said that, they control the process very carefully during IVF - with daily bloodworks towards the end, so they will make sure that you are ready before they implant any embryos. My best of luck to you.

I’m sorry for all you’ve gone through and hope you have luck with your first IVF. I also went through nearly two years of IUIs (7 total), as my dr thought there was no reason it shouldn’t work. Some drs are happy to just keep going with what isn’t working, unfortunetly.

I had some weird bleeding right at the start of my cycle and worried that it might interfer with the IVF since I wasn’t sure I was starting on the correct cycle date but it ended up not mattering.

Best of luck to you!