2 day transfer

I had 2 4 cell embryo’s transfered on day 2, a week ago today and Im just wondering when is the earliest I could test? and I would also love to hear of anyones success stories with a similar transfer to mine :o)

Thanks in advance

Hi! First of all congrats on your transfer. I did not want you to be here lonely without a response as 2-day transfers are not the common experience of most. :slight_smile: As you probably have already googled the odds and likelihood, I will not burden you by readdressing that, but I will assure you that miracles do happen each and everyday and I have my own two-cell, two day single embryo transfer miracle who is my living proof! :woohoo: I am hoping you have a great outcome as well.

The clinic where I did my last IVF won’t even consider doing a two-day because I was told that they just don’t “know enough about the embryos at that point.” Thankfully the clinic where I did my first IVF had no qualms about two-day transfers or I would have never had my miraculous daughter. There was a lady on my transfer board who also had a two-day success when I did.

It sounds like you transferred on the 16 April, correct? Based on my experience with a two-day transfer, I would advise you not to test until the day right before or the morning of your beta. I know it is tempting because you see so many people here testing and getting positives early, but you need to keep in mind that your embryos went in so much smaller than most transfers and it will take them longer to get to the point of producing detectable HCG. Your beta is scheduled at how many days post transfer? I imagine your RE already has you coming in at the earliest point he thinks feasible.

My first beta was really low and was not considered a positive because it was under 25. DD was a likely a late implanter and a slow grower because my worry continued past that first and second beta. You would never know that now though because she is so healthy and so gosh-darn smart it scares me.

If you do decide to test before beta, I suggest you buy a digital test. The answer is very clear and will not leave you scratching your head about whether there is a line or not. Sending you the best wishes and :bsv:.

Thank you for your response…Im new to all this stuff including forums :slight_smile:

Might seem like a silly question but do I cant EC day as day 1 of a 3 day transfer? because I havent been so I have been assuming it was a 2 day transfer haha

gosh now I really sound stupid :flower:

[quote=asher76]…Might seem like a silly question but do I cant EC day as day 1 of a 3 day transfer? because I havent been so I have been assuming it was a 2 day transfer haha

gosh now I really sound stupid :flower:[/quote]
I am assuming you mean ER (egg retrieval) day. ER day is considered Day 0, so if only one day elapsed between ER and ET (embryo transfer), then you indeed had a 2-day transfer. The elapsed day would have been Day 1 and the transfer would be Day 2. Is this how your timeline went? I am assuming it was because your embryo would have been small for a 3-day embryo. Day 2 embryos are usually between 2-4 cells and Day 3 embryos are usually 6-8 cells. I had 3-day transfer of two 8-cell embryos with my recent IVF, so there was a big difference in both my IVFs even though both were successful. In my case, I think it was the lab that made all the difference. This round wasn’t such a nail-biter like DD.

BTW, no questions are ever to silly. This is a great place to learn the lingo and the process while getting great support and encouragement. :slight_smile:

Yes sorry in Australia we say egg collection lol

THank you, you have made it all clear for me so I did infact have a 2 day transfer, so that means no peeing on sticks for a while yet :wink:

[quote=asher76]Yes sorry in Australia we say egg collection lol

THank you, you have made it all clear for me so I did infact have a 2 day transfer, so that means no peeing on sticks for a while yet ;)[/quote]
I kind of had an inkling that you were not being seen at an American clinic. The clinic that actually did my 2-day transfer was a European clinic - - 2-day transfers are more common there than in the U.S. I imagine it might be the case in Australia as well.

3 and 5 day transfer are alot more common but from what I read and googled it all depends on the clinic in regards to a 2 day transfer.

When do you think is the earliest I could possibly test?

The absolute earliest would be 10dpo or 8 days post your 2 day transfer but be aware that’s EARLY I got negatives at 10 ad 11 days post retrieval you’re more likely to get a true result at 10-12 days post transfer. A digital test picks up levels over 50 so even if that’s negative it could be positive that early know what I mean ? I’m a fan of FRER first response early result picks up levels of at least 25 good luck !!