2 Early m/cs with DE embryo

Please, i need advice. I am currently miscarrying my second pregnancy with 20 yr old donor eggs. Both losses have happened in the 5th week. I have had immune issues fixed(on lovenox with second transfer), had great response to LIT(alan beer), and had a septum repair. First loss my progesterone was never checked(assumption was that 400mg vaginally is adequate despite blood level), P level this time was a “3” at 12 days past 5 day transfer/first day after first positive pregnancy test. My hcg levels seem to start out good but then rise but not double. Any feedback?

Greta, I am afraid I cannot provide any meaningful input, just could not walk by, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I guess the usual pieces of advice: seek a second opinion or a third even, but for now just take care of yourself and heal. All the best to you.

[QUOTE=Greta11]Please, i need advice. I am currently miscarrying my second pregnancy with 20 yr old donor eggs. Both losses have happened in the 5th week. I have had immune issues fixed(on lovenox with second transfer), had great response to LIT(alan beer), and had a septum repair. First loss my progesterone was never checked(assumption was that 400mg vaginally is adequate despite blood level), P level this time was a “3” at 12 days past 5 day transfer/first day after first positive pregnancy test. My hcg levels seem to start out good but then rise but not double. Any feedback?[/QUOTE]

Your progesterone level seems extremely low. I think it is supposed to be 20+. Have you considered PIO progesterone injections? Or maybe a combination of progesterone suppositories and injections. I am so sorry for your loss. I would definitely ask your RE about your progesterone level and have it monitored more closely. Some women on here have it checked a couple days after transfer and again with beta to make sure it is adequate. Big hugs :grouphug:

So sorry about your loss. I would ask my doctor to put me on the PIO injections instead of just the inserts. Some doctors believe that the inserts are enough (but they do not register in the blood so your blood levels would be low even if you have plenty progesterone in your uterus. ) But most docs feel the injections are better - and why not try it when investing this kind of money and emotions. Also, do you having thick linings before your transfers? A lining that is too thin may not be adequate for an embryo to grow and thrive. My docs think that happened in one of my cycles as my lining was only 6.5 and that one ended in a chemical. Best of luck to you.

Hi Greta,

Now that my twins are getting a little older and are mobile (requiring much more supervision and my time), I don’t frequent the boards as much as I once did, but know that you’re not alone. I had one BFN and three BFP (one natural) that all resulted in very early m/c due to low or plummeting progesterone levels.

I think the previous posters said exactly what I was thinking. With inserts, the progesterone will get closer to where it’s needed, but it won’t show up in your bloodstream.

On the cycle where I eventually succeeded, I think there were several factors that contributed to my success:

1. I was tested positive for MTHFR and Lupus anticoagulant (a blood clotting disorder), so my doctor put me on Lovenox. I also took one baby aspirin every morning. Quite honestly, I think this was the magic bullet for me because I would start off OK, but couldn’t get past my 5th week. I thnk the blood clots would prevent the embryo from getting the nutrients it needed and they would “starve” to death.

2. I was on 3 Endrometrin (progesterone) inserts + 1 cc PIO injections every day.

3. To help my body not reject the embryos, I was on a “cocktail” of prednisone pepcid and claritin. My doctor said this combination of drugs couldn’t hurt and could only help.

I wish you the best of luck!

Oh my gosh. I feel so stupid. I am no longer Greta11! I had to reregister because I forgot all of my login info. I am now molly22

Not sure what happened here but I wrote a long post as Molly22 but it is not showing up. In a nutshell, i will do another fresh transfer in a couple weeks(with donor egg of course). For my last FET i took lovenox and baby asa. Really thought that would be the magic bullet for me. Have never had the thickest linings but all have been three layer. On lupron this time since August 19th and started oral estrogen a couple days ago. My doc is agreeing to put me on 2cc of PIO a day but I wont be on inserts. Maybe i should be? Thanks for all of your feedback! Oh, this time I will try prednisone and ivig too. I will ask Beer clinic about claritin. I have hayfever now so might not be a bad idea.

I also took 1.5cc PIO, 3 Endometrin, and 5 oral progesterone pills as day along with steroids, Lovenox, baby aspirin, and high dose Folate every day. I sincerely believe that without these, I would not have been able to carry a pregnancy. Without the oral progesterone and extra 0.5cc PIO, my levels were always less than 15… Best wishes!