24 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 13 fertilized

I am new to this forum and had my embryo’s transferred 2 days ago. I had one blastocyst and one embryo that was a few hours behind from what the doctor said transferred. I have now 10 more days to wait to find out. Why I am so nervous is because I had 24 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 13 fertilized, and none to freeze. My husband has a low sperm count with poor morphology, everything with me has been fine. We can not afford to do this again and if it wasn’t for a frozen sperm sample my husband did last month, it wouldn’t of happen because on egg retrieval date, he had no sperm! I am concerned that one so many of our embryos died and scared the ones they transferred will too. I am worried it could of been from poor sperm quality.

Anyways, I guess I am just looking for some reassurance that others out there with only 1-2 embryos and ended up with a successful pregnancy? Also, anyone have the same poor sperm quality have success with embryos? My husband was negative for chromosome abnormality, so I didn’t expect so many of our embryos to not make it.

Sure hoping this works!! :pray:

I don’t know that this will be too helpful but it only takes one. Sound like one was a five day. Do you know what level of quality? My dr told me egg quality and smooth transfer made babies. I just did my 1st ivf with 2 blasts and I’m pregnant with one. So it can work on the first try in my experience. My dh has minor motility issues due to vasectomy reversal but high count so not really the same. I understand your anxiety on this. :bsv:

My first cycle I had 20 mature eggs and had my DD I did freeze several 3 day embryos but in the end none of them were viable or made thaw. This cycle 35 eggs in the end I had 2 early blasts none to freeze and I’m 9 weeks pregnant it happened twice for me u put the best 2 back in !

I had 21 retrieved, 17 fertilized, 2 transferred and 1 frozen. I’m 12 weeks now with one fetus. Dh’s sperm isn’t great, I think morphology is his biggest problem but his motility is poor too. Our RE did ICSI all of my eggs. But we didn’t end up needing the assisted hatching though.

First time I had: 26 eggs, 20 mature, on day 3 [B]zero embryos[/B]
Second time (9 years later) I had 19 eggs, 17 mature, 12 embryos, [B]7 blasts frozen[/B], pregnant.
What I want to say is that we are sometimes too quick in generalising, especially when concluding that it is our (eggs, sperm) fault.
There are certainly many other factors too, as: ICSI (with, without), lab etc. No rules! Every embryo is story for itself.
I :cross: for your :bfp:

Thanks everyone! That has calmed my nerves that it truly can happen on the first time and isn’t as bad sign to have none to freeze.

I had a 5 day transfer, my doctor didn’t grade or give me the level of quality. He just told me we had one fully developed embryo where they like them to be on day 5 and one just a few hours behind that one.

I have one more week to wait…:pray:

We had 22 eggs retrieved 13 mature 7 fertilized 2 beautiful embryo’s none to freeze.

I had them transfer 2 and I am 11 weeks pregnant with twins!

Dear D has it right every embryo is a story for itself!

Fingers crossed for you!

[QUOTE=Lmwilson]Thanks everyone! That has calmed my nerves that it truly can happen on the first time and isn’t as bad sign to have none to freeze.

I had a 5 day transfer, my doctor didn’t grade or give me the level of quality. He just told me we had one fully developed embryo where they like them to be on day 5 and one just a few hours behind that one.

I have one more week to wait…:pray:[/QUOTE]

If you have a “good” 5 day blast, then you are in good shape!

Well I got my :bfp: :clap: :clap: :clap: Beta is 592 12dp5dt!! So beyond relieved and excited!!

yay!! congratulations!:clap:

Congrats. That is awesome news. I know you are thrilled. :cheer:

CONGRATS!!! :cheer:

[QUOTE=Lmwilson]Well I got my :bfp: :clap: :clap: :clap: Beta is 592 12dp5dt!! So beyond relieved and excited!![/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say congrats!!! I had been following your post! :cheer:

[quote=Lmwilson]Thanks everyone! That has calmed my nerves that it truly can happen on the first time and isn’t as bad sign to have none to freeze.

I have one more week to wait…:pray:[/quote]

Good luck to you. It sounds like you have an excellent chance. I have never even made it to day 5. I had success with only 4 eggs fertilized. They transferred on day 3 and nothing was rated as good quality. However, that resulted in my DD.