25 years old with unexplained infertility! :(

I have been ttc over 12 months. I am 25 years old and my age group has a “Very low incidence” of ‘unexplained infertility’ I have heard.

‘Unexplained infertility’ is often assigned to older people who just take a bit longer to conceive than average but still fall into the ‘normal’ range.

All results of my partner and I came back excellent.

I ovulate every cycle and have “normal tubes and uterus” according to the hsg. I have an AMH level of 29 which indicates above average amount of eggs for my age.

My partners sperm test was far above average at 97 million per mil !! Motility and morphology also great.

I am so confused about what the problem could be. I still think there is a problem with damage to the tubes or lining of the uterus. As I have a history of bv (too much bacteria from not using barrier method protection with new partners) and history of std (chlamydia) and infection from soap/shampoo.

[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]Are you seeing an RE? What type of medicated cycles have you tried? I assume you’ve had an HSG to check your tubes and the flow?[/SIZE][/FONT]

I am not trying any medicated cycles as I already ovulate every cycle. I have a very regular 32 day cycle. It wouldn’t do anything and is not recommended. I had a hsg which showed “normal tubes and uterus”. I have seen the FS which ordered a battery of tests all which showed excellent results. I will most likely go straight to IVF.

[QUOTE=Webelieveinmiracles][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]Are you seeing an RE? What type of medicated cycles have you tried? I assume you’ve had an HSG to check your tubes and the flow?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I am not trying any medicated cycles as I already ovulate every cycle. I have a very regular 32 day cycle. It wouldn’t do anything and is not recommended.

Yes I had a hsg which showed “normal tubes and uterus”. I have seen the FS which ordered a battery of tests all which showed excellent results. She is going to discuss treatment with me at my next appointment but I will most likely go straight to IVF.

[quote=cheri11]I am not trying any medicated cycles as I already ovulate every cycle. I have a very regular 32 day cycle. It wouldn’t do anything and is not recommended.

Yes I had a hsg which showed “normal tubes and uterus”. I have seen the FS which ordered a battery of tests all which showed excellent results. She is going to discuss treatment with me at my next appointment but I will most likely go straight to IVF.[/quote]

I am also in the unexplained category. My RE calls me an abnomaly and is convinced that my DH and I have excellent sperm and good eggs that just don’t like each other! I’m not so sure about that BUT we have been married (and unprotected) for 7 years and our only pregnancy was achieved through IUI 3 1/2 years ago now. I have regular 30 day cycles, clear HSG test and no history of STD’s or infection. I am on my 2nd RE (only because my first moved) and they both believe in super-stimulation with IUI to increase the number of follicles and thus increase your chances of a sperm reach an egg, it fertilizing and then implanting in any given month. I already ovulate a single egg on my own BUT stimulation can still increase your chances…although you have to be careful because it also increases the incidence of multiples.

[quote=cheri11]I am not trying any medicated cycles as I already ovulate every cycle. I have a very regular 32 day cycle. It wouldn’t do anything and is not recommended.

Yes I had a hsg which showed “normal tubes and uterus”. I have seen the FS which ordered a battery of tests all which showed excellent results. She is going to discuss treatment with me at my next appointment but I will most likely go straight to IVF.[/quote]

Is an FS the same thing as an RE?

‘Unexplained infertility’ is often assigned to older people who just take a bit longer to conceive than average but still fall into the ‘normal’ range.

Hi Cheri,

I think we can all agree that unexplained infertility is a frustrating diagnosis! :grr:
Apparently it is commonly misdiagnosed. Conditions such as endometriosis, tubal disease, premature ovarian aging and immunological infertility are often mistaken as unexplained infertility. Knowing the cause can really drive the direction of your treatment.

Has anyone else had this experience with unexplained infertility?

Here is some info if you would like to read up more about it: What is Unexplained Infertility? (Infographic)

Cheri11 I feel your pain. I am also 25 and have been trying to conceive for almost 21 months. I have one physician who has no idea why I’m not ovulating and another that believes it’s due to low cholesterol.

I just noticed you posted back in 2011. Have you had any new feedback or updates about your situation?