2nd IUI: So Anxious :-) !!!

This is my first time posting on this site. We found out after 3 years of TTC that my husband has zero sperm, and i also had PCOS. I had a dramatic weight loss to increase my chances of fertility, and thats when i found out about my hubbys condition. So here we are wanting a family and my husband having to cope with this and the alternative of having a sperm donor! Our first IUI failed and we are trying again. This saturday was my 2nd IUI with donor and I’m just so nervous. We’ve already had one failed IUI before and I’m just thinking of the possibilities and how nerve wrecking the waiting game is! Anyone please share your experiences or advice. I just had to tell someone because our family has no idea about our TTC journey.
Fefe

:welcome: I know exactly the anxiety you are talking about. Try to stay positive that eventually this can work! I wish I could tell you that we had success right away. We also have the dx of zero sperm and I have a few minor issues on my side also. We did three unmedicated IUIs and two Clomid IUIs to conceive our son. TTC#2 was a bit more complicated. 4 Clomid IUIs to get our first BFP, then m/c…2 more IUIs (1 Femara, 1 Follistim), both BFN…then we found my magic drug Repronex! I got another BFP on my 7th IUI, but unfortunately m/c again. Then I used the Repronex again fro my 8th IUI and seem to be successfully pregnant.

I know the roller coaster of emotions every month is just terrible and I hope you don’t have to go through it for much longer…I just like to offer some hope that even if it does take a little longer than you expect, it can still happen! Praying that it happens soon!

I had 2nd IUI this month and now 2ww …dont worry everything will all right …keep positive…all the best

[quote=FefeButterfly]This is my first time posting on this site. We found out after 3 years of TTC that my husband has zero sperm, and i also had PCOS. I had a dramatic weight loss to increase my chances of fertility, and thats when i found out about my hubbys condition. So here we are wanting a family and my husband having to cope with this and the alternative of having a sperm donor! Our first IUI failed and we are trying again. This saturday was my 2nd IUI with donor and I’m just so nervous. We’ve already had one failed IUI before and I’m just thinking of the possibilities and how nerve wrecking the waiting game is! Anyone please share your experiences or advice. I just had to tell someone because our family has no idea about our TTC journey.
Fefe[/quote]

I will be doing my 3rd IUI (this go around on my 2nd, did one 5 years ago) with DS. My DH had a vasectomy so we are going the DS route. I got a :bfp: on my 1st one years ago (so it CAN happen:) )This time around is a little more involved, and I will be starting Clomid tomorrow. You can get through this, just stay positive, enjoy your 2ww if you can (I know it’s hard, but it’s something to look forward to). I drove myself crazy my last 2ww, and I’m going to TRY and relax this time around.:cross: to you, I SO hope it works.

[QUOTE=FefeButterfly]This is my first time posting on this site. We found out after 3 years of TTC that my husband has zero sperm, and i also had PCOS. I had a dramatic weight loss to increase my chances of fertility, and thats when i found out about my hubbys condition. So here we are wanting a family and my husband having to cope with this and the alternative of having a sperm donor! Our first IUI failed and we are trying again. This saturday was my 2nd IUI with donor and I’m just so nervous. We’ve already had one failed IUI before and I’m just thinking of the possibilities and how nerve wrecking the waiting game is! Anyone please share your experiences or advice. I just had to tell someone because our family has no idea about our TTC journey.
Fefe[/QUOTE]

First off congrats on the waight loss! Being some one with severe PCOS I know first hand how hard it is. Wish I could tell you that everyone gets their lucky:bfp: early but I know there are a lot who do. Just try and keep your head up and lean on the ladies on this site, they are amazing. Sorry to hear you are having to go through this without family support. Make sure you find at least one person other then your DH you can confide in. You will need the support from someone not going through this too. They will be able to keep you grounded and lift you up when you need it. Good luck this cycle:babydust:

:cheer: Thanks ladies for the well wishes! I have faith I will have a BFP! If not then I will keep trying because I know the reward in the end will be our baby. I want to tell someone but my husband is extremely sensitive about the subject.
-Fefe

UPDATE: 2WW is over with a BFN result! I boo hoooo’d a little but I have faith that next time may be the one. I’m trying to stay positive.
-Fefe

[QUOTE=FefeButterfly]UPDATE: 2WW is over with a BFN result! I boo hoooo’d a little but I have faith that next time may be the one. I’m trying to stay positive.
-Fefe[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear this. :grouphug: good luck on your next cycle!

Stay positive! My doctor told me after my surgery we would be preggo within (probably) 2 IUI’s. We had our 3 IUI and tomorrow is 14dpiui and feeling its gonna be another :bfn: . One more IUI and then probably onto IVF. We are all here in the same boat - waiting for the same outcome…we are your support group…stay positive!