2nd IVF cycle; getting period type cramps

Hi there; I just had my second IVF cycle; only one egg fertilized; they transferred one embryo; Cell divided nine times and was a grade 2. Transfer was day 3.

I am getting period like cramps about four days after and am losing trust in this process.

Curious to hear if anyone has had a similar experience to me…btw, I am 42 y.o. I have a three year old who was conceived naturally.

thanks!

Welcome! From what I’ve read, period like cramps could mean the embryo is implanting. My 1st IVF I had them 5 days after 3dt. However, it was still a BFN. I am currently in the 2ww at 6dp3dt and have felt absolutely nothing this time other that bloated since the retrieval. I do think that could be a good sign though. Most girls do feel like they are getting af and then get a bfp. Good luck!

[quote=sbush157]Hi there; I just had my second IVF cycle; only one egg fertilized; they transferred one embryo; Cell divided nine times and was a grade 2. Transfer was day 3.

I am getting period like cramps about four days after and am losing trust in this process.

Curious to hear if anyone has had a similar experience to me…btw, I am 42 y.o. I have a three year old who was conceived naturally.

thanks![/quote]

during my 2nd ivf - I had pretty intense cramping…nothing I experienced in my 1st ivf…I, too, only had 1 embie, grade 2, day 2 transfer…so I think you should stay very positive…think implant, implant, implant…

[QUOTE=“sbush157, post: 64807, member: 79329”]Hi there; I just had my second IVF cycle; only one egg fertilized; they transferred one embryo; Cell divided nine times and was a grade 2. Transfer was day 3.

thanks![/QUOTE]
Hi! I’m sorry you’re worried that much. But I’ve read lots of posts women describing the same symptoms as you are. In IVF process it’s quite widely spread. Some ladies have pinky spotting during 2ww. Other ones face reddish bleeding. Yet others have it altogether with the on and off cramps. I guess this is how our different bodies react differently to the amount of invasion, and meds particularly. So, please, try to think about the positive side of the coin. I’ll be praying for your positive on an official testing day. Hugs X