3 day vs 5 day transfer

Found this article complelling and in favor of 5 day transfers, but would love to hear any thoughts you may have!

Article: Transcript from 3 Day vs Blastocycst Transfer

[quote=Inferturlgurl]Found this article complelling and in favor of 5 day transfers, but would love to hear any thoughts you may have!

Article: Transcript from 3 Day vs Blastocycst Transfer[/quote]

Hi, I had a two day transfer. They dont offer any thing else here in the UK. xxx

This is consistent with the position of my clinic as well. They only do blast transfers and believe that if the embryo doesn’t make it to blast, it wouldn’t have resulted in a pregnancy. For me, it’s not an issue, since I want PGD (CGH on all chromosomes) and can’t do a Day 3 transfer anyway. In a lot of the studies I’ve read on PGD, there are a substantial number of embryos that do stop growing between Day 3 and Day 5 due to chromosomal issues, so that kind of backs up this belief.

My only shot was a 3 day transfer with two embryos. 1 wasn’t growing but I couldn’t just have them throw it away. Anyways, I have a beautiful healthy boy from it. If they would have waited to 5 days I probably wouldn’t of had him.

I’ve been pg twice with 3dt and my embryos probably wouldn’t have made it to five days. My clinic also says the latest research is to do 6dt if there are enough embies.

I never had a five day embryos ,but I have been pregnant twice with 3dt ,one was six yrs ago (twins )
and my current pregnancy (3dt frozen embryos ) (twins as well )
I never had a good embryos number to risk for day 5t but day 3 works …