3 ivf's, 2 fet's, 5 iui's (DS)... is it time to give up?

Well ladies, I’m in a very dark place this morning. Just got another BFN on my 5th IUI via HPT. I am starting to wonder if these IUI’s for DS ever work??? The window of opportunity is so narrow with DS since after washing and thawing DS only lives 6-12 hours and the egg only 12-24 hours.

We had one IUI cycle that worked with DS back on July, but I ended up having a D&C at 8 weeks. I just can’t seem to do that again. We thought the failed pregnancy was because of the donor and my RE told us we should find a new donor so we did. Wondering if I should give that donor another try?? I just don’t know how to feel or what to do anymore. I’m getting so emotionally and physically worn out :frowning:

DH doesn’t want to ive up, but I’m not sure how much more I can handle…

My heading is wrong sorry. Should say 1 IVF, not 3

Kaylynnsmom,

It is certainly not for me or anyone to say when it’s time for you to give up, but I just wanted to let you know that I’m sorry for the pain you are going through. This is not an easy journey, and given the amount of procedures you’ve endured, you are a very strong woman.

Whatever you decide, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope everything works out for the best. Maybe some of the other women can chime in with some advice regarding the donor sperm, I don’t have any experience with it. Hang in there and take care.

Happy Thanksgiving!

:grouphug: First wanted to give you a big hug!

2nd - If it were me i wouldn’t give up. I’d give another DS a change, heck i’d give a few more a chance.

My motto for TTC since we’ve been at this for almost 9 years is “Winners NEVER quit and Quitters NEVER win”! If we would have given up we would have never gotten pregnant with triplet. Granted we lost all 3 of them i got pregnant.

:cross: Goodluck!!

One, you scare me because your story is like my story, only I’m at my first IUI (and I never even got to ET, let alone frosties, but that was probably easier for me: I just had one emotional roller coaster, you had five).

Five iuis sounds like a lot, but I notice that several of them were natural cycles, and none have been with injectables. I’d try at least one more cycle with injectables.

I’d also go see a different RE, if you can. Sometimes a new pair of eyes can see something that the first pair missed–it’s not to say your current doctor isn’t good, but more ideas is better.

:grouphug: I am so sorry that this journey has been long for you. I too am using donor sperm, but this is my first cycle. I agree complete with Shmead. Maybe give the injectables a go and/or try a different doc.

Good luck to you and I hope you get your BFP soon!

Amanda I am sooo sorry it didn’t work this time. I definently hit that wall after my 5th failed IUI with ds. With no issues with me I though for sure I would get pregnant very quickly. Maybe consider taking a break for a while if you can. Regroup and consider other options such as injectibles or IVF with ds (since i think the first one was with your DH???) Good luck with whatever you decide :grouphug:

:grouphug:
it will happen
it will :pray:

I sure appreciate the feedback ladies :slight_smile: I had 2 natural IUI cycles and 3 Clomid IUI’s with trigger. The Clomid doesn’t seem to stimulate me any more than I would naturally. Not sure what the issues are really…

I agree winners never quit and quitters never win, I’m just down today. Was really hoping we had it this time. I’ll bounce back and we’ll try again!

Again, thank you ladies and have a great Thanksgiving!

[quote=Kaylynnsmom]I sure appreciate the feedback ladies :slight_smile: I had 2 natural IUI cycles and 3 Clomid IUI’s with trigger. The Clomid doesn’t seem to stimulate me any more than I would naturally. Not sure what the issues are really…

I agree winners never quit and quitters never win, I’m just down today. Was really hoping we had it this time. I’ll bounce back and we’ll try again!

Again, thank you ladies and have a great Thanksgiving![/quote]

I see you are doing 50mg clomid and you are only getting what you would on a natural cycle. Maybe see if you can move up to 100mg and see what that will give you. I can’t believe they haven’t moved you up already. Do that and then if nothing move onto injections. Goodluck :cross:

[B]Kalynn’s Mom[/B], (Thats my stepdaughter’s name but she spells it different. :slight_smile:

I am so sorry for your losses. You have had quite a journey. Don’t give up.

Have you tried acupuncture. I really believe it helped me. You are in my thoughts and prayers

Take care,

Cyndi

Kaylynnsmom I know exactly how you feel. I’m in the same place after my4th IVF failure. I stopped couting my IUI’s. I have never had any Frozen Follies so I have to keep starting from scratch. I’m not sure if I should try IUI again. I have been reading numerous post from wopmen who have had sucess with IUI after failed IVF.

My DH also doesn’t want to give up. They say they understand what we are going thru. But we all know that they really don’t. It is nice to hear it thou.

Take some time for you enjoy the holidays. Come back in another month or so with a clear head and a new plan. Try the acupunture. It helped me with my egg quality and to relax.

Happy Thanksgiving.