3rd IVF or more in Feb/March 2012

Hi ladies

I know there is a group already for Jan/Feb, but I think I’m going to fall in Feb/March more and I really wanted to connect with ladies who had been ‘round the block’ a few times. I guess I’m going into this next round with fear and trepidation and could really use some encouragement along this journey.

I’d love to hear what you are doing different this time, if you’ve changed RE’s, extra supplements etc.

I’ve kind of lost faith in my RE a little, but my DH is adamant that we stick with him one last time. As you can see from my siggie I get VERY few eggs with no real explanation as my FSH is 5.5 and I always go into the ER with about 10-12 follies but first round gave 2 mature eggs and the second one only 1!!

Looking forward to hearing your stories

oh dear, am I really the only one on 3 rounds or more next year??

I’m sure you’re not alone!!! I will know by the end of next week if I have to wait until February.

Good luck!!

Depending on how my WTF appointment goes on December 5th, I might be joining you during that time period.

You are not alone! I too may be looking to have my 3rd and possibly last IVF( only one frozen embryo) for a while.

To make a long story short, we are dealing with MFI. I had my first cycle in July of this year. I did get pregnant but miscarried around five weeks. I seriously thought I couldn’t feel any worse! But I cried and had my WTF appointment, and decided we would jump right back in. Well, I had my second one in Oct, I was pregnant again, but I had a miscarriage on Nov.17(9 weeks and 1 day). I went in for my ultrasound and they told me the baby wasn’t developing (two weeks behind). I saw my baby’s little heartbeat. I swear I will never get that image out of my head. I feel so defeated and jaded. I just never thought in a million years I would have to deal with this. Two miscarriages in one year. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy.

Anyway, the Dr. told us we had to wait three months. Which would put me around January to try again. I really want to wait it out just because I am so scared of miscarrying. DH wants to try ASAP. I mean on one hand I want to and the other I don’t. So anyway please don’t feel alone.

Poppet:
You’re not alone! I’m scheduled tentatively for late Jan, but I have a follow up appointment on Dec 26th - so things might get delayed for me.

This will be my 3rd IVF. This process is not for the fainthearted. My husband and I are exhausted from this year. 1 IVF and 2 FET + 1 miscarriage.

My first IVF - I have 10-11 follicles - 11 eggs - but only 2 matured to a 5 day blast. My second IVF - I tried DHEA - 25 mg daily and all 11 matured to blast. Have you considered it? Make sure that your RE is okay with it.
Here is a link for the studies for DHEA:
Premature Ovarian Aging, DHEA Treatment for Fertility in Older Women :: CHR

Prayingforababy09:
My heart goes out to you. 2 miscarriages. i hope that this next FET is a healthy pregnancy for you!

Count me in as well. We are going to be starting IVF#4 here shortly. You can see my history in my signature. We’ve been with the same RE since the very beginning and have no plans on changing. We have built a trusting relationship with the entire office. But also, we live in a larger city and our RE office is about the best there is around us. DH and I are both in the medical field and had done our research prior to our first IUI’s.

Not sure what protocol I’ll be on. My consult is this week and my cycle is due around Christmas so I’m hoping to start BCP around that time.

I have to say - I can’t believe I am going through #4!!! But this time I am mentally and physically stronger than I ever have been so praying that this one is it!

Poppet- we met in the Jan/Feb thread. I saw Aryan39 is here too. I would like to join, but I am only on my 2nd IVF. I hope this doesn’t count me out.
I am looking at ER the last week of Feb, first week of March.

Count me in too!! Well I will likely be cycling in January but this will be my fourth cycle, however I opted to cancel #3 as my response to the antagonist.coming straight off bcps sucked royally and I know my little ovaries will do better on a different protocol! This last cycle was my first at a new clinic due to this new one being cheaper and with higher success rates. I actually just switched docs at my new clinic too. So this will be a third opinion for me! Fingers crossed we all end up with Bfps!

[QUOTE=Poppet]Hi ladies

I know there is a group already for Jan/Feb, but I think I’m going to fall in Feb/March more and I really wanted to connect with ladies who had been ‘round the block’ a few times. I guess I’m going into this next round with fear and trepidation and could really use some encouragement along this journey.

I’d love to hear what you are doing different this time, if you’ve changed RE’s, extra supplements etc.

I’ve kind of lost faith in my RE a little, but my DH is adamant that we stick with him one last time. As you can see from my siggie I get VERY few eggs with no real explanation as my FSH is 5.5 and I always go into the ER with about 10-12 follies but first round gave 2 mature eggs and the second one only 1!!

Hey
Looking forward to hearing your stories[/QUOTE]

Hey Poppet
Wanted to wish you good luck. We were cycle buddies back 2 Aug ago.

This will be my third cycle, but I am a bit different from everyone else as I will be using donor eggs. As it stands, I will start BCPs on CD2 sometime towards the end of next week. We will sign all consents and handle the finances on January 6. At some point in January, the donor will start BCPs as well.

On Feb. 16 or 17 (depending on donor’s response), the egg retrieval will take place and I’ll have cervical sutures placed under anesthesia. (I’m a “difficult” transfer.) Our embryo transfer will be on Feb. 19 or 20, as our doc only does 3 day transfers.

Like Diamond, I am in the medical field and have a wonderful relationship with our RE and his staff. Therefore, we are planning to see this process through with his practice. They don’t usually tell us the things we want to hear, but they have always been truthful and their decisions have cost them tons of money at times (esp. when the IVF was converted to IUI). BTW Our doc did NOT recommend a second IVF cycle, but agreed to do it at our requests.

I’m thankful for this group. I won’t be joining a “general” February board as I am just past the point of whining about BCPs, fear of injections, etc. Heck…we will be on 2-4 a day though the date of delivery!

Best wishes everyone!

As it turns out I will start cycling earlier than I thought. I’ll be starting BCP’s round 29 Dec. But if you don’t mind, I’d still like to be in this group of experienced IVF’ers. It’s so encouraging to be around ladies who know what it’s like to have tried and failed and just keep going.

Welcome Prayingforababy: I’m so sorry for your traumatic year. I can’t even begin to imagine what you are going through. My heart goes out to you and I pray that your frozen embie turns out to be THE ONE.

Welcome Tessa: yes, this process definitely either breaks you or makes you stronger. I have experienced such varied emotions while cycling, my DH is a gem for putting up with me. Thanks for that link on DHEA, I have seen it on many ladies posts, but never know what it was for. Although it’s probably too late for me to start taking it, I’ll still ask my RE about it.

Diamond: Our cycles are looking to be quite close together. I’m sorry for your loss last year, and I’m praying with you that this next one is the perfect sibling for your DS.

Welcome Rachel: yes I recognise you from the Jan/Feb thread

Welcome Beach baby: Do you know what protocol you will be doing, I thought Antagonist was the best one for DOR. I’ve been quite excited about doing Antagonist this time as I’ve had such a terrible response from my last two.

DRB: Of course I remember you. Congrats on precious twins, goodness what an answer to prayer. :clap:

Welcome lucy: I get not wanting to go on about the injections and things. We have been trying to conceive for 9 years. So quite frankly if I had to have injections every hour every day to get that miracle – I would!

Lucyddr: I’ve thought of using DE also, although neither of the REs I’ve seen has mentioned it. I’m just such a bad stimmer and get easily oversupressed. I’m anxious to see how your cycle goes. BTW why will y be on injections the entire pregnancy?

Poppet: I’m also glad I’m not the only one out there who has to do this at least three times or more for one baby. I’m starting to feel like such a failure, which is hard because in non infertility land I’m a super overachiever. I have heard the EPP protocol is one of the best for DOR and it is essentially the antagonist but instead of starting straight off bcps you do 1-2 weeks of esteace first so you r not over suppressed by the bcps, which is the mistake that was made last time. I had decent responses the first two times I did the antagonist with a combo of ganirelix and esteace priming. I’m hoping it does the trick for you! BTW: what protocols did u do with your first two attempts?

[quote=Beachbaby11]Lucyddr: I’ve thought of using DE also, although neither of the REs I’ve seen has mentioned it. I’m just such a bad stimmer and get easily oversupressed. I’m anxious to see how your cycle goes. BTW why will y be on injections the entire pregnancy?
[/quote]

I’m surprised, but I guess all RE’s are different. We barely suppressed with Lupron both times, so oversuppression has never been an issue for me. I used long Lupron with a great response (in terms of numbers) the first round. The second time, we had to max out the stim doses and my E2 levels actually decreased…a sign of poor egg quality. Our doc didn’t feel that the EPP or Antagonist would change anything, and I tend to agree after our last cycle. (Plus, after the first cycle…I was a “good” responder, so those protocols really were not indicated for me.) One could argue that I should do a 3rd cycle with EPP/Antagonist, but I’m done. I know my eggs are bad and I’m ready to have a baby…even if it means donor eggs.

As for injectables, I’ll be on 3 for the first 12 weeks (PIO with Delestrogen, and Lovenox twice daily). After that, just Lovenox twice daily. I have several abnormal clotting factors that were found in my pregnancy loss panel (which our doc did “early” after our first failed IVF). Without the Lovenox, I’d have a high chance of miscarriage or fetal anomalies. Basically, I’ll take it through delivery…if we ever get that far!

no as experienced

Hi ladies,
I just had my IVF cycle cancelled on Sat. I’m looking for some advice and or encouragement for the thought of doing this again in jan/feb. I know I haven’t been at it as long as most of you. The strength that all of you show by fighting so hard is admirable. I wish all of you positive results this time around. Thank you for your time.
Jess

Jess- Sorry for your canceled cycle. Your RE should change things your next cycle, so maybe you’ll get a better response.

I will be doing microdose lupron + heparin. Has anyone here done MDL?

Luv4rachela: That’s the protocol I want to do this cycle! However I’m not sure my doc is onboatd and thankfully I don’t think I need heparin. It is a fairly aggressive protocol and there was a girl on the spring/summer thread I’m on that got preggo withba singleton on it! GL!

Nice to meet all of you ladies. Here’s to a successful 2012. I know there will be some heartbreak and some celebrations - praying for more of the latter.

@ jessiejean: All I can say is do NOT give up. I know it’s easier said than done, but keep fighting and stay strong!

Thanks Beachbaby11. Hopefully your doc agrees to it too! :smiley:

Rachel: What protocol were u on for your first cycle? It looked like you responded really well to it!

Jess: I just had a cancelled cycle too, well I cancelled it myself because my response was o much worse coming straight off bcps than doing estrace and ganirelix priming for a week prior to starting stims. Hopefully your doc can tweak your protocol for a much better response next time.