This is a cross post and I hope someone here may have some insight. It doesn’t really fit anywhere so I am sticking this post almost everywhere!
I hope I have posted this in the right place! I am looking for insight, support, and recommendations on egg cryopreservation for myself, aged 40 and single. Have not found Mr. Right (or even Mr. Right Now)!
I tried my first round of stims and on day 11 it looks like I have maybe 5 eggs for retrieval. My protocol so far has been gonal-f 300 twice a day and lupron 20 mg in the morning which was reduced to 5 mg on day 5 (I think). My amh was .76.
Realistically, what are my chances of having a baby with these results? I do plan on using a gestational surrogate so that may help. Other than the low AMH I don’t have any known fertility issues (controlled hypothyroid).
I have been thinking about another cycle and asked my RE (or his nurse rather) if we could do something to increase my odds of a successful baby by getting more eggs in the next cycle. They have not directly answered my question about my chances. I did ask if they would try Coenzyme Q-10, DHEA, Acupuncture, Saizen etc. The response was no, maybe but not likely, no, no. What about diet? No. They said they might add Ganirelex to the protocol next go around. Maybe.
I looked at the stats on fertilemsuccessrates.com. My current clinic is in the low 30s (national average) for my age group 38-40 (I’m in Atlanta) the clinic on Birmingham is at 50%.
I guess my questions at this point are:
- Has anyone tried cryopreservation at age 40 and been successful or not?
- Is it worth it to try and move clinics? If so any recommendations? I am told my success rate with a frozen egg will still be similar to that of a 40 year old egg and plus using a GS will help. I am not sure my current RE and I jive.
- What would you recommend to increase the number of eggs? Quality?
- Does anyone know if they can test for egg quality? Current RE says not until fertilization. Obviously if I flush a bunch of low-grade eggs despite the quantity I am wasting my time.
- Any other thoughts or recommendations?
I have just barely gotten into this and am already exhausted. Thanks for reading this far.