5 weeks 5 days, no yolk sac = SCARED MOMMY TO BE

Hi all,

I got my BFP a few weeks ago - last Wednesday I was 5 weeks 5 days. The u/s showed 2 gestational sacs but no yolk sacs yet. Both the u/s technician and the nurse said it was too early and did not seem alarmed (yeah, like that helps me any!) Everything I’ve read says that the yolk sac should be visible by 5 weeks. I have another u/s tomorrow morning and I’m so anxious… I just want to know that everything is going to be okay…

Has anyone ever experienced this?

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I will keep you in my prayers! Tomorrow you will be 6w6d? [/FONT][/SIZE]

Thanks for the encouragement…

Thank you for the prayers - I am trying to go in with a positive frame of mind. For my previous pregnancy in June 2012, I though that was it! I was going to be a mommy. I looked forward to good news at each appointment - never expected it could end any other way. I suppose that why that loss hit us like a ton of bricks. This pregnancy, I actually dread my appointments! While I’m excited for good news, I know now that there are other possibilities… So I try to expect the best but prepare for the worst! I read your other post, Webelieveinmiracles - very inspirational… I’m hoping for my “miracles” too! In the meantime, thanks for the support!

Btw, I was only, 5 wks 4 days at the previous sono - I’ll be 6 weeks and 5 days tomorrow - 7 weeks on Saturday (God willing!)

[FONT=‘Segoe UI Mono’][SIZE=3]Aww you brought tears to my eyes. IF has been a tough experience for my DH and I. Throughout the past 17 months I have learned to “let go.” I know that I’m not in control of our future. Even though we are manipulating my body & dealing with science only God can predict our future. Logically everything lines up but it’s He who gives us the precious gift of life. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Segoe UI Mono’][SIZE=3]I’ll be praying for you and looking out for your updates tomorrow. At 6w5d you should be able to see the yolk sacs, fetal pole & possible heartbeat. I have high hopes for you and I think your babies are growing right on track.:babydust: [/SIZE][/FONT]

Good News…

I saw both of my little beans this morning and they’re measuring right on schedule (one is 6weeks, 5 days and the other is 6 weeks, 3 days)… I also heard the most glorious sound ever… Baby A has a heart rate of 126 and Baby B has a heart rate of 122! I am now officially past the point where I was the last time! I am through the moon happy! I know we still have some hurdles to jump, but for now, I am going to bask in this happiness! I have one more week with my RE and then I graduate to my OBGYN… I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful words of encouragement, Webelieveinmiracles! :grouphug:

[FONT=‘Segoe UI Mono’][SIZE=3]Aww I’m so happy for you:clap: ! Congratulations to you and your little ones. Cheers to a happy and healthy 9 month :preg:. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Congrats and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy! :clap:

Hello there,

I saw your post and came to give you some encouraging words BUT then read your update!

First, Congratulations on your twins! Reading your story brought me back to mine ;o) I’m currently 20 weeks pregnant with twin boys. I won’t lie a twin pregnancy is a bit hard but totally worth it!! Enjoy your journey and remember there will be some “bumps” in the road but stay strong.

Good luck and you and your miracles are in my prayers.

Alexis.

Congrats I am so happy for you :slight_smile:

Words of hope…

Thank you, everyone for your wonderful support - I feel like I have found a sisterhood in this community… We are unique in that only people who have lived through what we’ve been through can begin to imagine what it’s like - as hard as our loved ones try, they never seem to quite get it! There are so many low points in this process but the high ones make all of this worth while! Please continue to keep us in your prayers and I will do the same for the rest of you!

I was reading your posts and am over the moon happy ecstatic for you! Congrats! I was slightly confused though bc I saw that your little beans are two days apart , how is that possible? Sorry, I’m new to all this!

Baby wishes724 congrats to you and your little babies. I am so happy for you and I just love reading stories with happy endings. Praying for you and wish you a happy pregnancy! Congrats once again!:woohoo:

Glad that everything worked out.