50% Survival Rate with Vitrification Process?

Hi Ladies.
Had my first FET last Thursday and am waiting through the 2WW with many of you. But I have some questions about the survival rate of my embryos.

Going into the FET I had 6 blasts frozen with the newer vitrification method, graded D (best) - A. 1-D, 1-C, 2-B, 2-A.

Neither the D nor the C made it and we transferred the two Bs. That’s only a 50% survival rate. The clinic tried to play it off like it wasn’t a big deal so I wouldn’t get bent out of shape but isn’t that a terrible survival rate? Google says I should have expected something in the 90s and they tried to tell me that maybe 60-70% was the norm.

Either way it’s low and I"m concerned about the quality of the embies. Do you guys have any thoughts or encouragement?

[QUOTE=TracyJ]Hi Ladies.
Had my first FET last Thursday and am waiting through the 2WW with many of you. But I have some questions about the survival rate of my embryos.

Going into the FET I had 6 blasts frozen with the newer vitrification method, graded D (best) - A. 1-D, 1-C, 2-B, 2-A.

Neither the D nor the C made it and we transferred the two Bs. That’s only a 50% survival rate. The clinic tried to play it off like it wasn’t a big deal so I wouldn’t get bent out of shape but isn’t that a terrible survival rate? Google says I should have expected something in the 90s and they tried to tell me that maybe 60-70% was the norm.

Either way it’s low and I"m concerned about the quality of the embies. Do you guys have any thoughts or encouragement?[/QUOTE]

That does sound very bizarre, especially with vitrification and with them being blastocysts. I’m sorry you’re going through this. Hopefully the blasts you had transferred will result in a BFP.

Could it be that the ones that “didn’t make it” hatched? If that was the case, the embryologist wasn’t watching them close enough.

On the other hand, maybe because they didn’t survive the freeze/thaw process, they wouldn’t have survived in the uterus. Sometimes embie gradings can be very subjective.

I agree entirely with Babies are cute. Embryo grading is completely subjective and I doubt you’d get the same grades if a few different embryologists graded the same batch. You have 2 great embryos that I hope will give you your BFP! Please dont stress yourself out worrying over things that you cant change - jeez, the 2ww is enough stress as it is, lol. Wishing you sticky thoughts! Good luck!! :cheer: