6 day blasts anyone?

Hi! My transfer is coming up next week and I found out yesterday that both embryos were freezed as 6 day blasts. Has anyone or do you know anyone that was successful with a 6 day blast FET?

Well I don’t have a success story, but my 3 frosties are 6day blasts. Our FET it scheduled for 12/12…

I think they just took an extra day to make it to that blastocyst stage. I have read online that there are lots of pregnancy outcomes with 6day blasts!

I hope your transfer goes perfectly. How were yours frozen, slow freeze or vitrification?

I am almost 16 weeks pregnant with twins from 6 day blasts! It can and does happen. I was concerned when the embryologist told me they were 6 days but she felt very confident that at least one of them would become a baby and surprise, they both did!

Good luck!

6 day blasts

Thank-you both for responding! Charity, best of luck w/your 6 day frosties too! MRSC, that gives us both so much hope that it CAN work!

All I know is that my embryos were cryopreserved. Does either way make a difference? My Dr. will only freeze the ones they feel have the best chance of surviving the thaw and implanting. The last FET I did, both survived the thaw.

We transfered one 6 day blast Monday 11/8 and got a positive hpt 7 days later on 11/15 and confirmed with a postive Beta on 11/17!

Good luck and :bsv: to you!!

3 Frozen At 6day Blast

HI
I just had my FET today!

They grade them on a scale of 1 bad/died 2 good 3 excellent. He was only going to allow me to transfer 2 anyway…better to find out now that it is not viable than wait for another FET…!

1. xb blast D6 grade 2 at cryo 3/30/09 today 1 died
  2. xb blast D6 grade 2 at cryo on 3/30/09 today 2
  3. hb blast D6 grade 2 at cryo on 3/30/09 today 2

I asked when they started the thaw and RE said at 9 am today emby #1 died at 10am that is what took the extra time…ET was at 1055 am.

She said the xb has the best looking cells and overall health…but the hb was already hatching could be just as good…percentages 50% chance of pregnancy and 30% to full term for each

I will have my BETA on 11/27 but my signature will be updated as things progress. I hope this helps you with your process.
Lisa

Lisa, Thank-you for sharing your info! That is great how they explain the qualities to you. I was disappointed when I asked what the success rates were for the last cycle and they said 80% thaw rate and 20% success rate. Seems so LOW! She did tell me that the embryologist said my embryos look great and they feel its very promising especially since I have been preg before.

Rach, CONGRATS!!! What was your first Beta?

[quote=Jill6]Lisa, Thank-you for sharing your info! That is great how they explain the qualities to you. I was disappointed when I asked what the success rates were for the last cycle and they said 80% thaw rate and 20% success rate. Seems so LOW! She did tell me that the embryologist said my embryos look great and they feel its very promising especially since I have been preg before.

Rach, CONGRATS!!! What was your first Beta?[/quote]

Thanks so much!! First beta 2 days ago was 81.1, I had another one this morning and am waiting for the results now!

Good luck to you… 20% does seem low and can be so discouraging. Especially knowing your only putting one embie in. In our case we kept thinking “if putting TWO in and getting an 80% success rate didnt work last time what makes me think putting ONE in with an extrememly lower success rate will work?!” We contemplated saving our money and putting it towards another fresh cycle. We are obviously SO THRILLED we went with my Doctors advice on the FET!! I think the biggest difference for me was the less meds and stress my body was under from the stims. My body did not react well to the meds on the fresh cycle and my doc told me that while I may not have felt mentally stressed my body was under ALOT of stress!

Prayers to you girls going through your single FETs! I would HIGHLY recommend a single fet to anyone. Some women react better to the frozen cycles!

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I had a positive cycle with 6 day blasts as well. I’m almost 15 weeks pregnant from my FET. We transferred 4 (!) (because all 4 survived the thaw & 2 were very low quality) and we are now pregnant with a singleton. Good luck!!

Shana, That’s awesome! Congrats! I hope everything goes perfect for you! My transfer is Tues. I get so nervous about these transfers every time and I know there’s absolutely nothing I can do.

I’m 18 weeks pregnant with twins from day 6 frozen blasts. :slight_smile: Good luck!!

-S

Thanks for responding Portland! What success rate did they give you for your FET?

They didn’t really give us a specific number… They just said it was about 5-10% less than a fresh transfer. Not sure if that helps at all!!

Hi, I had a FET on Oct 29th of 2 embryos (from donor eggs) and I know at least one of them was a 6 day blast (was hatching). I am now pregnant with twins! My doctor told me that their FET success rates were equal to that of their fresh cycle rates. This has a lot to do with the fact that they use that new vitrification technique for freezing and to be honest, have one of the most advanced and successful labs in Houston.

Amanda, That’s awesome! My beta is Wed. This wait is horrible and it’s not even as long as what 3dt have to wait!

Jill I can’t wait to hear how your beta goes on Wednesday! Will you take a hpt before your beta? I pray this is it for you!

Charity, Yes it’s tomorrow…but I cheated! I took a clearblue +/- and got a + yesterday morning and took a digital : ) one last night before I went to bed and it appeared within 30 seconds I’m preg! I know I have a long way to go, but I’m thrilled! Thank-you for your well wishes! I just hope the beta is strong and doubles!

That is awesome, congrats Jill!! Did you transfer 1 or 2? I can’t wait to hear the beta!!:clap:

Charity, I had 2 frozen, both survived thaw so we put both back in. Your transfer is coming up! Would you put all 3 in?

Yay!! Congrats!