9-10 weeks symptoms are disappearing

Hello,

I am between 9 - 10 weeks pregnant with my first. We conceived through IVF.

I have not had very many typical pregnancy symptoms but have experienced all day queasiness, shortness of breath, and tender breasts. (I know, I should be thankful but symptoms are all that keep me sane these days!)

However, this week, I’m really not having many symptoms at all. I don’t feel sick like I used to and my breasts aren’t as sore. Im just wondering if this is a bad sign? i wasn’t expecting symptoms to tapper off until about week 12. I JUST had an US 2 days ago and everything looked good so I’m too ashamed to call my RE.

What has your experience been? (please be honest if your mc started out this way.)

Thank you SO much.

[QUOTE=Coffeegal1]Hello,

I am between 9 - 10 weeks pregnant with my first. We conceived through IVF.

I have not had very many typical pregnancy symptoms but have experienced all day queasiness, shortness of breath, and tender breasts. (I know, I should be thankful but symptoms are all that keep me sane these days!)

However, this week, I’m really not having many symptoms at all. I don’t feel sick like I used to and my breasts aren’t as sore. Im just wondering if this is a bad sign? i wasn’t expecting symptoms to tapper off until about week 12. I JUST had an US 2 days ago and everything looked good so I’m too ashamed to call my RE.

What has your experience been? (please be honest if your mc started out this way.)

Thank you SO much.[/QUOTE]

Coffee, this is around the time that most of the early pregnancy symtoms start to fade away. Your body becomes use to the hormomes and growing baby. Your almost to the 2nd trimester, which I call the happy trimester, because thats when life goes back to ‘normal’ somewhat. Then back to hell in the 3rd trimester with new issues like not being able to see your feet.

Thanks My5! I’m a worry wort and I don’t seem to be getting much better. ha ha. My ms was never really terrible like some of the other gals but I kind of liked that queasy feeling because it made me “feel” pregnant. I feel really good today save for the shortness of breath.

How are you feeling? Do symptoms stay longer for those pregnant with multiples?

hope you have a great T-day. I know you’ve been super busy at work and have been under a lot of stress.
:grouphug:

[QUOTE=Coffeegal1]Thanks My5! I’m a worry wort and I don’t seem to be getting much better. ha ha. My ms was never really terrible like some of the other gals but I kind of liked that queasy feeling because it made me “feel” pregnant. I feel really good today save for the shortness of breath.

How are you feeling? Do symptoms stay longer for those pregnant with multiples?

hope you have a great T-day. I know you’ve been super busy at work and have been under a lot of stress.
:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

At first I get more fatigue and shortness of breathe with twins. This was my first pregnancy with m/s. If I would have ever had that before I would not ever have any more babies. I hate it.

I know what you mean though. I cant want to ‘feel’ pregnant. Feel the babies moving and kicking and I cant wait till my belly gets big.

I too lost my pregnancy symptoms about 8 1/2 weeks. I was all happy at first because I could eat again, more than one meal a day even! I was able to survive my afternoon at work relatively comfortably with no nap in the car at lunch. Then I woke up one night and my boobs had deflated! I freaked out (and had a dream where Kid Rock was my OB/GYN and was doing a d&c) and called my RE the next morning and they worked me in for an US. Everything was fine - and my symptoms came back 2 days later :flower: . The point being, don’t be afraid to call them to see you if you need reassurance. Or maybe they can just give you reassurance over the phone. I was totally embarrassed to go in that day, but I knew that I would either go crazy with worry all weekend (the deflation was on a Thursday night) or I could call and feel better and enjoy feeling better… Anyway, they were happy to see me just to reassure me…

Heather

Coffee - I have to say - this is my first pregnancy and whenever everyone asks me “how are you feeling? any cravings? nausea? tiredness? sore bbs?” …my answer to all of these is always no. I must be the most pregnant “unpregnant feeling” person out there! I haven’t had any symptoms since finding out I was pregnant in July. Never tired, nauseated, no cravings, no aches…and up until today’s appointment no weight gain! At 20 weeks I was only up 3 pounds…so though it is almost inherited that fertility patients are paranoid and worrysome, I have to tell you that symptoms are not equal to being or not being pregnant! Count yourself as one of the “lucky” ones! Enjoy your pregnancy though I know it will be full of worries…and take advantage of feeling good! Congrats on the BFP!!!

[B]Coffee symptoms can come and go in pregnancy, sometimes it’s just natural and sometimes it’s a cause for concern. If you feel weird in any way even if you just had a sonogram to be afraid to contact your doctor. For reassurance with another sonogram. Everyone is different so you should really pay close attention on what you feel and your concerns. We can only give you opinions by our personal knowledge doesn’t mean is the same for you:flower: in first pregnancy I felt pregnant and loss some symptoms ending up with a missed miscarriage and just having a sonogram the other day with a perfect heartbeat. On my third pregnancy I lost all symptoms and felt great and normal at around 10 weeks being so scared about loss of symptoms I scheduled a sonogram with my doctor and my baby girl was fine. I had my symptoms way into second trimester…and morning sickness and nausea like up to my 18 weeks.
In my opinion if I were you I would call my doctor for another sono for my peace at mind. Even if there’s nothing to worry about … Good luck and lots of blessings to your baby :flower: [/B]

The corpus luteum sustains the pregnancy with progesterone for the first 9 weeks or so, then the placenta takes over some time in the 9th week. It is very common to experience a loss of pg symptoms when this happens, but don’t worry, it is completely normal.

What about losing a symptom at 5 weeks? A week after transfer my boobs got sore, bigger and swollen. Now just a few days ago the swelling is gone. The only thing left is bigger and tingly - not too sore/achey anymore either.

What do you think?

Coffeegal we are almost exactly the same. I got my :bfp: on 10-21 also. I can say from expereince that I am freaking out about the same things. My symptoms are not as bad, I don’t feel as sick and this scares me. I am even guilty of flicking my nipples to see if they still hurt no joke :slight_smile:

My last miscarriage I was exactly where I am at today. I am :pray: that it doesn’t happen again. My symptoms dissappeared completely and I went in at 10 weeks to the ER and my little bean had no heart beat. It measured 9 weeks 6 days. I was 10 weeks 0 days when scanned :frowning: I ;just knew something was wrong even though my DH thought I was nuts…well turns out I wasn’t.

I know you don’t want to hear that, but I am in the same boat again. I know that each pregnancy is different and I am :pray: this one makes it. I have a heart beat scan on Tuesday (I made my new ob do it, I told him I had to know if I passed this day). It is driving me nuts!

I do know that symptoms start to disappear, but because of what happened last spring any “normal feeling” has me thinking the worst. :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to both of us. Hopefully we will both of good results!

Hi all,
Thank you so much for your responses. I know that everyone is different, but sometimes, it’s just nice to hear your stories and experiences; especially because I’m not telling anyone that I’m pregnant.

I had my 11 Week US today. Baby looked very good. Squirming around, touching her face, kicking. It was beautiful. I’m officially released to my OB now which brings it’s own new set of nerves. But I’m trying to be positive.

Thanks again.
Brooke

[QUOTE=Coffeegal1]Hi all,
Thank you so much for your responses. I know that everyone is different, but sometimes, it’s just nice to hear your stories and experiences; especially because I’m not telling anyone that I’m pregnant.

I had my 11 Week US today. Baby looked very good. Squirming around, touching her face, kicking. It was beautiful. I’m officially released to my OB now which brings it’s own new set of nerves. But I’m trying to be positive.

Thanks again.
Brooke[/QUOTE]

:cheer: for graduating!!! I just feel we should have cake and icecream…and french fries to celebrate!!! The nerves never go away, maybe when they move out to go to college, these ease a bit, but they are still there. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=baby_4_us]What about losing a symptom at 5 weeks? A week after transfer my boobs got sore, bigger and swollen. Now just a few days ago the swelling is gone. The only thing left is bigger and tingly - not too sore/achey anymore either.

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

My symptoms from ET lasted till week 4 then my early pregnancy symtoms kicked in about week 6. I had a week in there that I was so happy to be symptom free I didnt even think anything was wrong. Have you had your progestrone levels checked?

My5tzkny: my symptoms are back. This is nuts! I hate it when they go and come back. I just want them to stay! No, they don’t check the progesterone levels. They only did one beta and said to come back in 2 weeks for the u/s. No more betas either. If it helps, I’m on 2cc of PIO.

[QUOTE=baby_4_us]My5tzkny: my symptoms are back. This is nuts! I hate it when they go and come back. I just want them to stay! No, they don’t check the progesterone levels. They only did one beta and said to come back in 2 weeks for the u/s. No more betas either. If it helps, I’m on 2cc of PIO.[/QUOTE]
I think its good ur on Pip. My symptoms left when my levels went down. I was on suppositories. They found out it was twins and increased my doseage and the symptoms reappeared. :cross: everything is ok.

Glad all was ok! I went in yesterday because I was full of nerves! Had my ob just do a bed side u/s to see if there was a heart beat! AND :cheer: there was got to see baby dancing too! I felt great all morning so called to see if they could move my appointment up an hour before the appointment the queasiness came back. GO figure!

By the way the nurse is young LPN, but when I told her of my loss of symptoms she said, this is a quote “Oh you should have morning sickness I talked to two other women that are 10 weeks today too and they both had morning sickness”. Even I know that everyone is different and I do not have a medical degree. Wow she shouldn’t tell people stuff like that because what a way to make them panic!!!

I didn’t say anything, as I go by what I know and what the Dr. says… Thought I would share it though.