A Few Questions

Hello again!

I’ve only posted here once or twice, but I tend to come back when I have a question or need some support one way or the other.

So let’s start off with some good news! A year ago, I was told I had uterine fibroids and endometriosis that resulted in blocked tubes. After surgery and Lupron, I was told we may be looking at IVF. We’re still not sure if IVF is a must, a maybe, or a no, but recently, an HSG revealed the tumors are gone and nothing is blocking my tubes! We were so happy, we just cried at the news. Happy tears, of course!

So now I’m back to trying to conceive naturally, if we can, but we are going to see a fertility doctor March 25.

My question is this: what are the signs of not ovulating? I took two ovulation tests here at my house within the last few days, and the test line didn’t even show up at all. The box says this may mean I just missed my ovulation window, but I’m still concerned. Is that normal?

…and for those of you with Lupron experience, would it be that I just started my first post-Lupron period on February 28? Previously, I hadn’t had my period since July, when I started the Lupron shots.

Thanks!

you need to take ovulation test for many days. I think usually you should start around day9 and continue till you get a positive. Most women ovulate around day14-18 ish. But everyone is different.

Oh, thanks! So it’s not necessarily a bad thing to not see a test line at all? I was almost in tears when I posted my first message, because I thought I had a small window of hope, and then when I took that test, I thought it was another bad sign. I’ll keep testing and see if something eventually shows up!

That is wonderful news on your tubes being open!!! Yay for you! Is that the only reason you where considering IVF?

And ditto to the other post, you need to test daily! I usually ovulate around day 11 but we are all so different. Congrats on the open tubes again
:clap:

[QUOTE=dreaNvegas]That is wonderful news on your tubes being open!!! Yay for you! Is that the only reason you where considering IVF?

And ditto to the other post, you need to test daily! I usually ovulate around day 11 but we are all so different. Congrats on the open tubes again
:clap:[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I was THRILLED when the doctor told me. I kept looking at him and saying, “Really? Are you sure?” lol It had just been bad news for so long that it was shocking to hear good news!

I had two fibroid tumors, one covering EACH tube. Then, underneath that, I had endometriosis IN each tube, so there was blockage all around. My doctor had told me to start heavily thinking about IVF, because for the longest time it didn’t look like much would change for me. On top of that, the tumors were also pushing in on my uterus. So those were the reasons I was considering IVF. We still MAY have to go that route, but we’ll know more on the March 25 appointment.

As of yesterday evening, I’m testing everyday. Still no test line showing up, but I’m hoping that’s just because I’m not currently ovulating.