? about hormone levels 9d past day 5 FET

Hi everyone,

So I don’t post often but I am always looking for advice and counsel on this board. I have a specific question.

I had my blood taken Monday to monitor my hormone levels.

Progesterone was 26 and estrogen was 363.

Is this good?

I am on 1 ml of progesterone via injection and 1 suppository a day as well as 3 estrogen pills per day.

Monday would have been 1 week past FET. We transferred in 2 day 5 embryos that were both hatching.

With all my history (3 failed IUI’s and 3 failed IVF’s) I am looking for hope. I have never been monitored mid way for my hormone levels so I’m looking for information on these numbers and if they are good and I should be hopeful.

Thank you all for everything!

Hi! My clinic would like to see the progesterone above 20 and the estrogen above 300. It sounds like you are right where you should be! :clap:

You are 9dp5dt, right? Why no HPT or beta yet? You are at 14 days and should have your answer by now, especially if they were both hatching! Good luck!

[quote=NightOwl]Hi! My clinic would like to see the progesterone above 20 and the estrogen above 300. It sounds like you are right where you should be! :clap:

You are 9dp5dt, right? Why no HPT or beta yet? You are at 14 days and should have your answer by now, especially if they were both hatching! Good luck![/quote]

Thank you! I take Beta on Monday. That is when my doc does it. They give it full two weeks. I’m so scared to take a HPT! What if it is a no?

Actually, you are at two weeks - - 9+5=14. :wink: Your Dr.'s office waiting 19 days total is REALLY conservative. With both my 2dt and my 3dt, I already had my answer by the 14th day with much smaller embryos.

I know it is scary and ultimately up to you. :grouphug: :cross::cross::cross: for you!

[quote=NightOwl]Actually, you are at two weeks - - 9+5=14. :wink: Your Dr.'s office waiting 19 days total is REALLY conservative. With both my 2dt and my 3dt, I already had my answer by the 14th day with much smaller embryos.

I know it is scary and ultimately up to you. :grouphug: :cross::cross::cross: for you![/quote]

Thank you so much! Every time I get up to do it, I chicken out and don’t do it. I mean, I have waited this long…whats 4 more days. But seriously - going out of my mind. :slight_smile:

I’m also impressed that you haven’t tested. I had my first beta at 7dp5dt and my second at 9dp5dt. No more betas for me. I know my progesterone was only 22 but no one mentioned my estrogen level and I didn’t think to ask. I’m on 1ml PIO nightly and 60mg IM injection of estrogen twice a week plus once a day endometrin suppository. I don’t get my hormones rechecked until 7 weeks at my first ultrasound so I guess my RE is pretty certain about his prescriptions since he’s been doing it 20+ years.

Yeah, I’m scared to take it. I want to, but I’m scared for the no. I have never had a yes. Congratulations!!

[quote=NightOwl]Actually, you are at two weeks - - 9+5=14. :wink: Your Dr.'s office waiting 19 days total is REALLY conservative. With both my 2dt and my 3dt, I already had my answer by the 14th day with much smaller embryos.

I know it is scary and ultimately up to you. :grouphug: :cross::cross::cross: for you![/quote]

My RE’s office also waits a strict 18 days from ER. It is so annoying, especially when you’re trying to exert will power to not POAS!
Of course last cycle, :af: came right on time for me, 5 days before beta, so I didn’t have to wait the whole 18 days. :grr:

This was my first ivf but during IUI I was taking endometrin twice a day and got my periods on time despite the extra progesterone. I was thankful that I had an early beta so I knew I wouldn’t be surprised by a period.

I’m confused about how and why periods come when on meds. I always got my period at my old clinic. I was on nothing but progesterone suppositories. So I always knew it was a no. Well on my last try at the new clinic, I didn’t get it so I thought I was but I was on prog suppositories and estrogen. So I assumed that I was pregnant. And I wasn’t. now this time - I haven’t gotten it yet, on even more meds. Is there a rule of thumb to follow here? Thanks!

[quote=absofsteel]My RE’s office also waits a strict 18 days from ER. It is so annoying, especially when you’re trying to exert will power to not POAS!
Of course last cycle, :af: came right on time for me, 5 days before beta, so I didn’t have to wait the whole 18 days. :grr:[/quote]

Yeah, everyone is like, you should have taken the test by now, or at least by Friday. And to wait until Monday…ugh! I can’t figure out when or if I am supposed to get my next cycle. Its all so confusing.

I’m confused on when I am supposed to get my cycle or how it comes. I know that sounds so silly, but I’m totally confused.

Well, you’d naturally get a period about 14 days after you ovulate. So that would be 2 weeks after egg retrieval for us.

My retrieval was March 21st. All 7 embryos were frozen day 5 or 6. I got my cycle on the 25th - had a weird effect where I shed the entire lining in less then a day so was done on the 27th. My transfer was a frozen transfer of 2 embryos on April 15th. So according to my days app on my phone, my period should be on the 18th. Hormone check on the 22nd and beta is scheduled for the 29th - My half birthday. Random fact I thought I would toss in. :slight_smile: So that’s why i’m so confused.