About the IVF & Other Treatments category

IVF & Other Treatments category

Anxious, Angry and everything in between

I’ve been reading a lot of message boards and I’m sorry, but when I see someone complain that they’ve been trying to conceive for 6 months, it makes me angry.

When my own friends tell me, “why don’t you just be a Big Sister or volunteer at the Boys and Girls Club”, it makes me angry.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 7 years. I’m older and that’s an issue and that’s why we have gone the egg donor route. It worked, only to have my body fail our sweet baby boy (I have an incompetent cervix, which I didn’t know and neither did ANY of the medical professionals along the way). He was perfect and on track, in fact, a couple days early in his development. He should have been born October 14, 2016. Instead, he was born May 19, 2016. Our hearts were completely broken. And when I told a friend that I didn’t necessarily feel like committing suicide, but that I wouldn’t care if I had died, she asked me why? A mother of two boys who has never had to go into the hospital pregnant and leave with no baby.

We had two 5-day blasts left frozen from that donor cycle and I just recently had one transferred. The doctor was very pessimistic about it. He had originally given us a 40% success rate, but said the eggs were not frozen properly (from a different clinic) and so dropped it down to 20% and then raised it back up to 30% when the blast survived the thaw and went on to continue its growth.

If this doesn’t work out, we only have one more chance and that’s IF the blast survives the thaw. After that, we have plans for adopting internationally. We had actually started the process at the same time of the donor fresh cycle, but then cancelled since I became pregnant, so we would be starting that back up again.

I’m worn out. I so desperately want to experience motherhood. I’ve always wanted it. But I’m worn out. I’m afraid that I may just give up. I’m afraid that I may just be one of those people that other people look at with pity. I hate those looks. The head side tilt. The furrowed eyebrows. STOP IT!!!

I’m sick of people telling me to just go and be a teacher and that I can still effect a child’s life. They can say these things because they have NO IDEA how I feel. They have children. THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW I FEEL!!! How could they?? They HAVE CHILDERN!!! They are the ones who tell me “well, if it’s in God’s plan…” F. U.

So, people are “blessed” with children and the ones who can’t have children… what? We were… what’s the opposite of “blessed”… “punished”??

I think I just need to get this out right now. Beta is on Friday. I have no symptoms to speak of. I believe the meds I’m on have given me a lot of random symptoms: sleepy on and off, crampy on and off, angry and sad on and off. I’m finding it hard to stay positive. We have just had so much heartbreak for over 7 years. I don’t think we would have this heartbreak if we just gave up and said F it.

7 years looking for a child is long enough. It also seems that you have not give n up yet. Keep on trying. I am sure there will be a blessing along the way. I know of couples who have gone 15 years TTC. Thy later became successful. It all need persistence and patience. Do not give up dear. Many people will talk because they do not know how it feels to deal with infertility. I was once in your road before. But I decided to go for my happiness. They were all about negativity concerning surrogacy. But when I tried it out. It was successful and I am now a parent. Bio tex clinic has the best infertility treatment. You can check more concerning them here

. I also know of a few others who came out successful in that clinic. Do not give up the joy of having your own child. There must be a way out. Try a good clinic with high success rate. I am sure they will sort you out.

You have truly gone through a lot. 7 years trying to conceive must have been difficult for you. How I do feel pity for everything taht you have gone through. But what I would advice is that you remain strong. I know of a couple that went 15 years trying to conceive before they finally successes. So sometimes the journey might take long. It is only those who are determined and patient. I was in a similar position like you before. But then I went to Bio tex clinic for surrogacy. And finally my dreams came to past. So what I can say is taht never lose hope. If things were meant to happen they will just happen. I do hope that this time things will work for you. Do not lose hope loved one.

So I can feel your plight. I actually cried when I read your comment. I was childless too time ago. (Through different circumstances comparing to yours.) Sounds you’d like to have more people around who have been through similar. I was always waiting for someone from my local support group to get in touch. I think you should do the same. Have you contacted support pages?
Not sure if I can be of any help to you but I do know issues can take a lot out of you. Your hormones are all over the place and definitely won’t be helping with how you’re feeling. I was at my most depressed when I was alone…Never let this yourself. Despite what you think just now going back to work may be the best thing you can do to keep you busy. You also need time to recover and then heal emotionally and mentally. It’ll all take time but you definitely need support. I’m here if you want some steam off. Stay strong.

hey there, i am sorry. You have truly gone through a lot. 7 years trying to conceive must have been difficult for you. How I do feel pity for everything taht you have gone through. But what I would advice is that you remain strong. I know of a couple that went 15 years trying to conceive before they finally successes. So sometimes the journey might take long. It is only those who are determined and patient. I was in a similar position like you before. But then I went to Bio tex clinic for surrogacy. And finally my dreams came to past. So what I can say is taht never lose hope. If things were meant to happen they will just happen. I do hope that this time things will work for you. Do not lose hope. much prayers

The thing I love the most is their weekly updates on facebook telling the numbers of babies they get every week through treatments. Quite often I happen to read about sets of twins, which is truly amazing. I’ve always wanted to have twins. Though we’ve got a singleton so far through de ivf with them and are completely satisfied. Currently we’re passing the next attempt for the sibling. Are using donor eggs again. Dr says our chances are still high. GL is needed:blush:

Wishing you all the best of luck!! May I ask you for the updates??
As you’ve might have read we’ve had 4 unsuccessful rounds IVF (OE and DE). Last of those 4 ended with early mc to me. That was a heartbreak for both - dh and me, also our families. By the way, I’m in a way considered to have proven fertility. I have a 7 yrs old DS. But since delivered him, there wasn’t a single sign I might wait for another natural miracle.We went for more investigations. Soon our GYN reffered us to a fertility expert where we got the stone rolling. Soon we got to know it won’t happen again without medical help. And that more likely our next step was going to be IVF. We fallowed the dr’s reccommendations and soon found ourself at the clinic overseas. Our fifth shot was the hugest luck. We’re currently waiting for the 7 wks scan.
Do you mean Bio texcom weekly updates on fb?? I’m gonna check anyway. Looking forward to hearing from you xx

We’re doing ‘‘standard surrogacy’’ package with them. Using own egg for the IVF/ surrogacy. Though our 1st cycle was canceled before egg retrieval. For both the following reasons: Too many follicles developing, creating a risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, also some other medical issues. My advice for those who might be in the same shoes is DO NOT PANIC! If your cycle is canceled, your doctor might recommend changing medications or their doses to promote a better response during future ER. Or you may be advised that you need an egg donor. (In my clinic they usually give you 2 attempts with OE. If no luck - then you’re more likely move onto DE). Of course, the surrogacy option, like any other option, should be studied properly before rushing into. as this might save you money sums, nerves and general health. For the UK residents in particular, oursurrogacyblog.wordpress.com might be of great help though. For the USA residents, asiu.us is a huge source of information. Take joy, you won’t regret.

I was explained loads of info on 7 wks scan by our sweet nurse at Biotexcom clinic. At around seven weeks of pregnancy, it’s reasonably common for women to have their first ultrasound. This can be for many reasons but the most common is to confirm pregnancy and to check that the embryo is viable and “everything’s ok”. Here are some other reasons to have a 7 week ultrasound are to:
Confirm the presence of one or more embryos and gestational sacs.
Assess the gestational age.
When a mother has been experiencing blood loss, the ultrasound can identify the cause and source of the bleeding.
Confirm the presence of a heartbeat.
Check the size of the embryo and ensure the baby is the right size for gestational age.
To do a general check of the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries.
To ensure the embryo has implanted within the uterus and there is not an ectopic pregnancy occurring.
The embryo will be measured from the top of its head, the “crown” to its bottom or “rump”. This is because it is the longest portion of the embryo’s body and provides an ideal measurement baseline of growth and development. The limbs and the yolk sac, though obviously important, are not the primary means of measuring growth.
An average length of the embryo at 7 weeks is anywhere between 5mm-12mm. The average weight is less than 1 gram. Obviously, every pregnancy is unique and individual factors influence the size of the embryo at this early stage, and the embryo shows development week by week. Crown/rump length and gestational age are closely compared with each other until around the end of the first trimester.
Even with the best technology and most proficient sonographers available, ultrasounds do not provide absolute proof of dates, gender, size or the unborn baby’s status. This applies at whatever stage of gestation the ultrasound is done. Because:
The foetus may be stretched out, curled up, lying on its side or in a position which makes it difficult for the sonographer to fully estimate their size.
Every foetus is an individual and influenced by their own genetic characteristics.
The mother’s general obstetric health and the health of the placenta play important roles in the size of the foetus.
Hope 7wks scan goes well for you.

This is where everything really starts (My personal experience with BioTexCom, Kiev):
Pretreatment preparation for IVF: Comprehensive lab tests give a clearer picture of your fertility, so that your fertility experts can offer you an individualized IVF protocol. Common pre-IVF testing includes: A blood panel. Ultrasounds. Infectious disease screening. Uterine evaluation. Male fertility testing, including a sperm analysis.
Start birth control pills: The next step is to regulate your menstrual cycle and prepare your ovaries. You can expect to take birth control pills for 2 to 4 weeks after testing and diagnosis, depending on the length of your cycle.
Week 5: medication and monitoring. Once you come off of the birth control pill, you will begin a process of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation. At the clinic you will have an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus and ovaries, and once you get the all clear you can start. There are two main parts of this process. Taking medications for about two weeks: Oral fertility medications like Clomid and/or injectable follicle stimulation hormones (Follistim and Gonal-F) are used to stimulate the follicles in your ovaries to mature more eggs than they typically would in a normal cycle. The goal is to produce at least 4 eggs with the use of fertility medication.
Monitoring visits (during the fertility medication phase): Ultrasounds and blood tests are used during this time to keep a close eye on the development of your follicles and eggs. This is the most time-consuming part of the IVF process, requiring an average 5-7 visits.
Week 7: triggering, egg retrieval, and fertilization. After about 10-12 days of fertility medication, once monitoring shows that your follicles have grown to an appropriate size, it is time to trigger the final maturation of the eggs with hCG and schedule the ultrasound egg retrieval 36 hours later.
Egg retrieval: This is a day procedure performed in the clinic under sedation. There is minimal risk, but you will want to take the day off work and arrange for someone to pick you up. If you are going through IVF with a partner who will be providing a semen specimen, it will be collected on the same day as your egg retrieval or the sperm could be frozen before. Approximately 3 days after fertilization, embryos are ready for transfer, but some patients prefer to wait a few days until they have reached the blastocyst stage (generally 5 days after fertilization). The embryo or blastocyst is instilled into the uterus via a thin, flexible plastic tube, which is gently passed through the opening in the cervix leading to the interior of the uterus. You will not need sedation for this procedure. It is generally painless but some women may experience mild cramping. You can watch the transfer as it happens with ultrasound technology.
After the transfer, you will take a progesterone supplement to help support the uterine lining and encourage implantation.
Pregnancy test #1: Approximately 12 days after the embryo/blastocyst transfer, you will take your first pregnancy test in the clinic. If it is positive, we will schedule you for Pregnancy Test #2.
Pregnancy test #2:This repeat test is done within one week of the first positive test. If it is positive, we will schedule you for an ultrasound after 2-3 weeks, and then you can transfer your care to an OB GYN.
Hope this helps.