About to start 1st FET

Any advice? Tricks, anything. I am new here, and after my IVF fresh cycle failed, I am feeling a little discouraged. We had 41 eggs retrieved, docs said only to try to fert half… so fert 20, ended up with 12 embryos. By day of transfer I had 8 good embies. We transferred two, and froze 6. I will be using 2 of them in a few weeks! Whats this about Pineapple??

1st IVF- low positive beta- 14
second beta- 5.5
Today, severe abdominal pain when walking, low pain. :frowning:
SOOO worried.:woohoo:
Carrie

Hi!

Good news! FET is so much easier on your body compared with fresh. So, you should feel good going into it.

Will you be doing acupuncture? If so, I would start now and set up a treatment plan. Acupuncture can help with your lining and it is relaxing, which is good for everything.

The deal with pineapple is that supposedly it helps with implantation. I don’t know how legit it is, but if you happen to like pineapple might as well. Take one pineapple, cut it into fifths including the core and eat 1/5 each day starting with ET. They say the key is eating the core.

Get a massage the day before and/or the day after your transfer.

Start taking your vitamins now.

Did you do PIO with your fresh cycle? I did not so FET was my first experience with it. There are lots of tricks for making it less painful. I always put a heating pad on the injection site after. Once I started doing that I stopped having the lumps.

Good luck to you! :bsv:

I dont know what PIO is…
I am already on vitamins, never stopped since all this started in December… figured it was good for me no matter what.
I hadnt considered acupuncture, to be honest it terrifies me. I am not sure if there is even someone locally that does it.
I do like pineapple, so I will eat it, just to help! I will try anything. :slight_smile:
I am currently waiting for a call back from my doctor, having abdominal pain, real low… weird.
thanks for the reply!!!
Carrie

PIO is progesterone in oil.

[QUOTE=cnorton1006]Any advice? Tricks, anything. I am new here, and after my IVF fresh cycle failed, I am feeling a little discouraged. We had 41 eggs retrieved, docs said only to try to fert half… so fert 20, ended up with 12 embryos. By day of transfer I had 8 good embies. We transferred two, and froze 6. I will be using 2 of them in a few weeks! Whats this about Pineapple??

1st IVF- low positive beta- 14
second beta- 5.5
Today, severe abdominal pain when walking, low pain. :frowning:
SOOO worried.:woohoo:
Carrie[/QUOTE]

I just happen to come across this so thought I’d share my thoughts…
Congrats on having so many embabies! I was in a similar situation except my fresh cycle got cancelled due to OHSS (see sig). I just recently had my 2nd FET and I too felt very discouraged after a failed first FET. But I’m praying my lil’ one this time is here to stay. So keep the faith!

inthemoment pretty much summed it all up! This time around I did acupuncture for the first time, Pomegranate juice (POM from Costco) to help thicken my lining and have continued it even now, I ate a brazilian nut (from Trader Joe’s) once a day starting way before my transfer, and had pineapple starting on day of transfer. I really don’t know how much of it works and doesn’t but it’s working for me so I will continue it.

If you’re doing a medicated cycle, you most likely will have the PIO (progesterone in oil) shots. The needle is big and the liquid injected in is thick too…so it’s painful shot but as inthemoment mentioned, there are ways to deal with the pain. For me…icing the area prior to the shot helped numb it…and then I did a hot wash cloth to massage the area.

I was also on BCP & Lupron (leading up to the cycle), Estrace tablets, endometrium vaginal inserts and prednisone.

As a note: my first FET I was on Medrol, and my second FET I was put on prednisone instead. Both of these meds are to suppress the auto-immune system. This prevents the body from fighting off the embryo thinking it’s a foreign object.

The FET is definitely easier on the body. I encourage you to eat healthy and stay positive too…I think it all impacts our bodies. I wish you the best, feel free to private message me if you have any specific questions!