Acupuncture vs Massage

I will be starting my first IVF cycle next month. I am going to try and do everything possible to have my body as relaxed and ready as possible. I can only afford to be doing one of these treatments. If you have any experience, do you think I should start doing acupuncture or getting massaged? I also heard that it’s good to get adjusted before ET.

Thanks!!

Acupuncture does help to relax. It helps to produce better quality eggs too. My doctor also asked me to quit bread/wheat and dairy product(milk, cheese, ice cream) to increase the chance of pregnancy. Oh, absolutely no ice water! Drink room temperature or warm water.

Good luck to you!

[QUOTE=stillpraying]I will be starting my first IVF cycle next month. I am going to try and do everything possible to have my body as relaxed and ready as possible. I can only afford to be doing one of these treatments. If you have any experience, do you think I should start doing acupuncture or getting massaged? I also heard that it’s good to get adjusted before ET.

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

Being active on this forum for such a long time, can say that acupuncture helped to many ladies I met here. But, it was not my case, maybe partially because I hate needles (September 2012 IVF cycle – cancelled due to no ovarian response). For me, massage is the best what you can do to your body (January 2013 IVF cycle - good ovarian response and April 2013 FET cycle - pregnant). Keep the note: massage should not be performed after ET!
I believe that point is to find what relax YOU.

Good luck!!!

D

I have done both. If I had to chose I would pick acupuncture because it does more than help you relax. It helps the blood flow to the uterus and can for some help with egg quality. If you do acupuncture you would need to do more than one session anyway, so maybe you could do acupuncture as your foundation and then exchange one session of acupuncture for a massage appointment and get the best of both worlds.

I’m going with acupuncture

I’ve decided to start acupuncture. I have an appointment tomorrow. Like Nilah said, I can get a massage in between my treatments. I did acupuncture a couple of years and really enjoyed it. I hope this will help in getting my first ever :bfp:

Thanks!!

I guess I’m a very special case as acupuncture didn’t go well with me. I did 10 sessions in 2.5 months and started spotting after the 2nd session. Both month my cycles were completely messed up. In the last month, I started spotting/bleeding around ovulation and continued for 3 weeks all the way up to AF. It definitely did something to my body, not quite sure if it was good or not. So I stopped and decided not to interfere with IVF cycle.

I don’t know anybody else with a similar experience, so you can safely ignore my case:)

I would recommend acupuncture I started 4 weeks before my ET and continued twice a week for a fee weeks. It helped me relax and I believe in it. Like you I have had accupunture in the past for other reasons and it did wonders. Best of luck

Just wanted to say congrats. I hope you have a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy.