Advice on top IVF Centers in New York Area?

Hi Everyone - Does anyone know of the TOP rated IVF centers in the NY Area (could be surrounding suburbs too). I am considering Reproductive Medicines Associates of NY (RMA) with Dr. Jeff Klein in White Plains, Cornell Weill Center for Reproductive Medicine with Dr. Dan Goldschlatt, or Columbia Reproductive Medicine with Dr. Melvin Thornton. Any suggestions???

I never thought it would come to this, but after trying to conceive on my own for a year, followed by 5 failed IUI’s, I need to move on to IVF. I am very nervous, but hoping it will work…Wish me luck! Thanks…

It depends. What’s your age? Do you have a male factor? Secondary infertility? What;s your amh, fsh… Do you respond well to meds?

You should definitely check SART. People always say stay away from Columbia. Cornell of course is one of the best. RMA NJ (not NYC) is pretty good too. SIRM-NY is good too. Have great stats from SART.

Dawn

[quote=pregonow]Hi Everyone - Does anyone know of the TOP rated IVF centers in the NY Area (could be surrounding suburbs too). I am considering Reproductive Medicines Associates of NY (RMA) with Dr. Jeff Klein in White Plains, Cornell Weill Center for Reproductive Medicine with Dr. Dan Goldschlatt, or Columbia Reproductive Medicine with Dr. Melvin Thornton. Any suggestions???

I never thought it would come to this, but after trying to conceive on my own for a year, followed by 5 failed IUI’s, I need to move on to IVF. I am very nervous, but hoping it will work…Wish me luck! Thanks…[/quote]

[quote=pregonow]Hi Everyone - Does anyone know of the TOP rated IVF centers in the NY Area (could be surrounding suburbs too). I am considering Reproductive Medicines Associates of NY (RMA) with Dr. Jeff Klein in White Plains, Cornell Weill Center for Reproductive Medicine with Dr. Dan Goldschlatt, or Columbia Reproductive Medicine with Dr. Melvin Thornton. Any suggestions???

I never thought it would come to this, but after trying to conceive on my own for a year, followed by 5 failed IUI’s, I need to move on to IVF. I am very nervous, but hoping it will work…Wish me luck! Thanks…[/quote]
New Hope Fertilicty Center in NYC, Columbus circle.
Dr Zhang

Cornell is a very good clinic. Dr. Davis their is especially good with treating older patients or younger patients with poor response. I am certain their are others, but I am only familiar with this one.

I am 38 with unexplained infertility. Had my 1st child without any problem conceiving at age 35. I started trying again for my 2nd toward the tail end of age 36 - have now been trying for close to 2 years with no luck!!

Why do people say to stay away from Columbia???

Also, any feedback on RMA of NY?

I know Cornell is very good, but not as convenient for me. Either way, I will deal with a bit of inconvenience if it means greater odds of success!!

Thanks for the help!!

Also, I have responded well to meds thus far. Did Clomid and Letrezole - generally had 2 - 3 eggs each cycle. My doc went very conservative on my one Gonal F cycle because I do have healthy ovaries and I ended up with 2 eggs. He probably went a bit too conservative, but overall, I have been responding well to meds. No issues with my husband either, hence inexplained infertility…

I can give you a little feedback on Columbia and RMA. I did like Columbia but now do not have the same good feeling I had. I got pregnant with my son through Columbia via my 2nd IUI in 2009 and liked my dr at the time but she is gone now. Next I tried for #2 and got pregnant on a 3rd IUI but had to have a D & C. They were very compassionate and handled things well. I moved on to IVF and have had 4 chemicals. They never changed protocol, other than basic RPL they would not investigate possible immune causes which I and they thought I could have. I found the nurses to be good. The doctor’s were generally nice but could be insensitive and often had no idea who you were. So, if you chose a Dr, know that you will only see them for initial consultation and some follow-up.

I recently switched to RMA of NY - the Brooklyn office with Dr. Joshua Klein. I can not say enough good things about him. He is amazing, caring, and great at phone and email follow-up. I have had to go to the NYC office for bloodwork and yes, it is big and they have their routine but I found it much better run than Columbia. Also, I have found all of the staff incredibly nice. When, I told Dr. Klein that I would love to have him as our dr but we couldn’t afford another OOP IVF, he put me in contact with their finance person who called me in an hour to help us figure something out. Impressive.
I have heard good things about the other Dr. Klein as well.

If you want more info feel free to private message me.