Advise for 5th week

Hello! I am recently did ivf overseas and got a BFP! My the beta numbers they told me it looks like twins. Now im back in Pa and there isnt a ob who will see me till im due for my seven week first u/s. Is there a way i can get a u/ s without going to my myobgyn?
Also how early can they be safely done?

[QUOTE=Teena123]Hello! I am recently did ivf overseas and got a BFP! My the beta numbers they told me it looks like twins. Now im back in Pa and there isnt a ob who will see me till im due for my seven week first u/s. Is there a way i can get a u/ s without going to my myobgyn?
Also how early can they be safely done?[/QUOTE]

I had my first us at 6 weeks. My insurance requires a federal from a Dr. in order to get us done. The ultrasound itself can be done anywhere where an early OB sonogram is done. Good luck and congratulations!!

I would actually recommend waiting until 7 weeks to get your ultrasound. Before that it’s iffy on whether or not you will see a HB and that can cause more anxiety. I know it’s hard as heck to wait but is don’t think you will find anyone to give you an earlier u/s since your RE is out of the country and your OB wants to wait.

My RE won’t do an ultrasound until 7 weeks either. I only had two betas and now a three week wait. There’s nothing to do but wait and hope/pray, I guess. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=brmus21]I had my first us at 6 weeks. My insurance requires a federal from a Dr. in order to get us done. The ultrasound itself can be done anywhere where an early OB sonogram is done. Good luck and congratulations!![/QUOTE]

I meant referral, ot federal. We saw two strong heart beats at 6 weeks.