After Failed IVF

I am sorry if you are going through a failed IVF cycle. I went through 5 of them before finally having our miracle baby.

I just wrote an article including suggestions on what to do after you go through a failed IVF. Just thought some of you might want to check it out. (link is in sig)

Don’t give up, it is all worth it in the end!

The drugs used for ovarian stimulation have mild side effects for some women, including mild bruising and soreness at the injection site, headaches, an upset stomach, and mood swings. Another side effect is ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS.) This happens when the ovaries produce many follicles and fluid may leak from the blood vessels into the abdominal cavity and lungs. Usually this is mild and resolves on its own without treatment. In severe cases OHSS can result in very enlarged ovaries, dehydration, and large amounts of fluid in the lungs and abdomen. In less than one percent of women undergoing egg retrieval through IVF, OHSS can lead to blood clots and kidney failure, according to ASRM. This is one of the reasons that patients who are taking gonadotropins go for frequent monitoring, to make sure this is not starting to happen. If you do have a high-multiple pregnancy, defined as three or more fetuses, it is strongly suggested that you consult a physician who specializes in high-risk pregnancies, or you may want to consider reducing the number of embryos you are carrying. Both possibilities should be discussed with the doctor and your partner if you have one. Fertility doctors can moderate the amount of drugs being prescribed or alter the medication regimen if they see any indication of potential trouble. So make sure you check on this next time. Like mine in Bio tex.

Our nurse at bio tex com has told us a plenty of useful & interesting things concerning pregnancy and delivery. Here’s what I got to know about the amniotic fluid which is the clear, slightly yellowish fluid within the amniotic sac that surrounds the baby in the uterus. The baby grows in this amniotic sac, surrounded by the amniotic fluid, as he learns to move his limbs, open his eyes and breathe. Amniotic fluid levels generally sit at approximately 800ml through most of the pregnancy, dropping slightly in most cases to about 600ml by the time a woman reaches the 40 week mark. The amniotic fluid has many purposes. It helps to cushion hard blows and jolts to your belly to protect the baby and it allows your baby the freedom to move while permitting symmetrical musculoskeletal development. It also maintains an even temperature so that your baby does not get too hot or too cold, even if you are extremely hot or cold. Amniotic fluid also helps your baby develop his lungs.
Thank you for the link offered. It’s awesome you took time to share all those things with others. My positive thoughts going your way.