After IUI first sign of success?

I just had an IUI. I want to know how soon can you have/had pregnancy symptoms? ans what was first sign??

If your doctor has you on progesterone, it will be harder to tell if you’re having pregnancy symptoms or side effects from the pills so keep that in mind. I think I started noticing symptoms 7 days or so after my IUI. My first symptoms were sore nips and bbs. I know that sore bbs is a side effect of the pills, but on months where I had BFN, I didn’t notice the sore nips. I also felt a tugging sensation in my uterus, which I assume now was the implantation. Some girls get nauseous pretty early on, but I never had that. Good luck!

My first IUI, my first sign was 3 sharp cramps at 7dpIUI. At 8dpIUI i tested and got a BFP. So my 3 sharp cramps were implantation of my triplets. I didn’t get pregnancy symptoms until 6-7 weeks though. And that was sore boobs only.

All my other BFP’s IUI’s again, i felt implantation cramps and that was it. But the pregnancies never lasted long enough.

Everybody is different but if you took any fertility medications there is really no way to tell the difference between the side effects of those meds, PMS or pg symptoms. The 2ww is a killer and the best advice would be just to relax and keep yourself busy w/ other stuff. You really can drive yourself crazy worrying about symptoms.

I agree that it’s best to try not to obsess, but I failed at that most every time. I will say that every time I got a BFP, there was some clue and I was not shocked to get a BFP. Usually, something just felt different than BFN cycles…but I also had a ton of treatment cycles to compare. If it’s your first treatment cycle you’re going to notice a difference from a normal cycle just because you may be on fertility meds. The things I noticed different with BFP cycles:
#1: 7dpIUI implantation spotting, after 8dpIUI peeing in the night (usually sleep through the night), bbs getting sorer instead of less sore in the days before AF is due.
#2: none of my usual PMS symptoms. I have sore bbs with every cycle and didn’t have it at all. This was probably the only BFP that caught me by some surprise although I did wonder of the lack of symptoms meant that something was different than normal.
#3: sore nips (like erinraye said, sore bbs have been the norm, but sore nips were not normal), metallic taste in my mouth, implantation spotting @11dpIUI
#4: exhausted (long naps and I hate naps!), cramps @6dpIUI; implantation spotting @7dpIUI, sore bbs/nips

Good luck to you!:babydust:

Thanks all for reply,
Yesterday i had IUI in the morning 36 hours after trigger…DH sperm count 30 mill and did BD at night… Today i feel Vaginal itching/irritation from the afternoon…What is that? This is normal??
I am not using any progesterone virginal gel.

[QUOTE=Kris79]I agree that it’s best to try not to obsess, but I failed at that most every time. I will say that every time I got a BFP, there was some clue and I was not shocked to get a BFP. Usually, something just felt different than BFN cycles…but I also had a ton of treatment cycles to compare. If it’s your first treatment cycle you’re going to notice a difference from a normal cycle just because you may be on fertility meds. The things I noticed different with BFP cycles:
#1: 7dpIUI implantation spotting, after 8dpIUI peeing in the night (usually sleep through the night), bbs getting sorer instead of less sore in the days before AF is due.
#2: none of my usual PMS symptoms. I have sore bbs with every cycle and didn’t have it at all. This was probably the only BFP that caught me by some surprise although I did wonder of the lack of symptoms meant that something was different than normal.
#3: sore nips (like erinraye said, sore bbs have been the norm, but sore nips were not normal), metallic taste in my mouth, implantation spotting @11dpIUI
#4: exhausted (long naps and I hate naps!), cramps @6dpIUI; implantation spotting @7dpIUI, sore bbs/nips

Good luck to you!:babydust:[/QUOTE]

I also want to know Did you BD on the trigger shot day or after IUI…
I asked my doc this and they said it didn’t really matter.
Is that good chance
Thanks! Any advice is appreciated.

[QUOTE=sami388]Thanks all for reply,
Yesterday i had IUI in the morning 36 hours after trigger…DH sperm count 30 mill and did BD at night… Today i feel Vaginal itching/irritation from the afternoon…What is that? This is normal??
I am not using any progesterone virginal gel.[/QUOTE]

It could be just because its your first IUI. But it could be because you are allergic to the lube they used or if they used latex cloves. I am allergic to both of those things and i get the same reaction. If i continues contact your doc.

[QUOTE=sami388]I also want to know Did you BD on the trigger shot day or after IUI…
I asked my doc this and they said it didn’t really matter.
Is that good chance
Thanks! Any advice is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I know you didn’t quote and ask me… But we BD’d at trigger and IUI’d 39 hours after trigger and then that night and the next day for my first IUI.

[QUOTE=missingmy#2]I know you didn’t quote and ask me… But we BD’d at trigger and IUI’d 39 hours after trigger and then that night and the next day for my first IUI.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you for information…

Lots of baby dust…

sami - I agree that it may just be irritation from where they inserted the catheter in your cervix, but it could also be an allergic reaction. If it’s just an irritation it should be better by tomorrow.

As for BD’ing, my DH doesn’t have sperm so no BD at our house except for fun :slight_smile: My nurse did one time forget and told us to BD that night after IUI. I have heard of others saying to BD the night of trigger and the night of IUI but to skip the night in between.

Good luck…I think it sounds like you have a good chance!