Amh < 0.1

So, I don’t know what to do. My AMH came back this morning as less than 0.1 (post-menopausal).

On my day 3 testing, my AFC was 4-5 (2-3 on each ovary). My FSH was 5, with estradiol in the 30s. I ovulate monthly, and was seeing an RE because I am single, not because of known infertility (using donor sperm).

I’m pretty lost and would appreciate knowing what to ask - he brought up IVF at the time of the ultrasound, and now with the AMH I am waiting for a follow up appointment.

Should I just forget IVF given likelihood of poor response and try repeated IUI until I run out of the donor sperm? That would probably be five tries - since I’m ovulating, maybe there’s a chance? Or should I just give up now?

I’d appreciate any thoughts.

[quote=Katkun]So, I don’t know what to do. My AMH came back this morning as less than 0.1 (post-menopausal).

On my day 3 testing, my AFC was 4-5 (2-3 on each ovary). My FSH was 5, with estradiol in the 30s. I ovulate monthly, and was seeing an RE because I am single, not because of known infertility (using donor sperm).

I’m pretty lost and would appreciate knowing what to ask - he brought up IVF at the time of the ultrasound, and now with the AMH I am waiting for a follow up appointment.

Should I just forget IVF given likelihood of poor response and try repeated IUI until I run out of the donor sperm? That would probably be five tries - since I’m ovulating, maybe there’s a chance? Or should I just give up now?

I’d appreciate any thoughts.[/quote]

I would have your AMH tested again. I would expect it to be low based on your AFC, but a little higher than it tested. However, even if it remains the same, there is still hope with your AMH level. There is a board specifically for people with low AMH or high FSH called network 54 new high fsh board. There are a ton of people of there with this same issue. There are also numerous success stories.

I would expect to need to find an RE who specializes in treating patients with diminished ovarian reserve. You will definetely want to use one of these REs b/c the protocols for those with DOR needs to be tailored very specifically. Also, some doctors shy away from DOR patients and give doom and gloom speeches.

I would expect to respond to IVF with 4-5 follicles since that is your AFC. AMH levels don’t correlate with quality, just quantity. So, you may need to cycle a few more times than someone who has more eggs to work with, but I would not let this make you believe you cannot achieve success.