AMH test- your thoughts & experiences please

So, my doc said this test is the gold standard for OR. I’m 35 and my AMH was 2.8 last month. What does this mean? How does it relate to the number of eggs that might be retrieved during my hopefully upcoming cycle. How have others’ numbers been and how many eggs were generally retrieved?

Thank you in advance!!

BUMPING…any thoughts out there??

[quote=momtohowmany]So, my doc said this test is the gold standard for OR. I’m 35 and my AMH was 2.8 last month. What does this mean? How does it relate to the number of eggs that might be retrieved during my hopefully upcoming cycle. How have others’ numbers been and how many eggs were generally retrieved?

Thank you in advance!![/quote]

Bumping. Thanks again.

Hello! AMH measures your ovarian reserve. The lower your AMH is, the fewer eggs you have left but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the eggs you have left aren’t of good quality. I think for your age, your AMH is fine. The number of eggs you get each month can really too vary so even if you don’t get many one month, that doesn’t mean you can’t have more the next.
Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) Test to Determine Fertility This link explains it pretty well. Your clinic may scale the results differently from this site so you may want to double check your results with your Dr.

Good luck! I hope you get your :bfp: soon :slight_smile:

Hi momto…

They didn’t test my AMH until my 2nd fresh cycle. My first IVF I was on 375 of follistim for 10 days and had 13 eggs retrieved. My second IVF, once we knew my AMH (which you can see in my signature line is quite low for my age), I was on 375 of follistim plus one vial of menopur for 12 days and only got 6 eggs. However, as you can also see… of the 4 that fertilized, they transfered 3 this time and I’m pregnant with triplets! So AMH to me means the lower it is, the more drugs you need to get fewer eggs - I had to work a little harder to get my 6, but they can still be of decent quality and that’s what’s important.

[quote=mammainwaiting]Hello! AMH measures your ovarian reserve. The lower your AMH is, the fewer eggs you have left but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the eggs you have left aren’t of good quality. I think for your age, your AMH is fine. The number of eggs you get each month can really too vary so even if you don’t get many one month, that doesn’t mean you can’t have more the next.
Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) Test to Determine Fertility This link explains it pretty well. Your clinic may scale the results differently from this site so you may want to double check your results with your Dr.

Good luck! I hope you get your :bfp: soon :)[/quote]

Thanks for the great information and positive thoughts!

[quote=Ann0327]Hi momto…

They didn’t test my AMH until my 2nd fresh cycle. My first IVF I was on 375 of follistim for 10 days and had 13 eggs retrieved. My second IVF, once we knew my AMH (which you can see in my signature line is quite low for my age), I was on 375 of follistim plus one vial of menopur for 12 days and only got 6 eggs. However, as you can also see… of the 4 that fertilized, they transfered 3 this time and I’m pregnant with triplets! So AMH to me means the lower it is, the more drugs you need to get fewer eggs - I had to work a little harder to get my 6, but they can still be of decent quality and that’s what’s important.[/quote]

Well, that’s awesome! Congrats to you! Wishing you lots of luck and health for the pregnancy! Thanks for the comforting advice, too!

Thx momto!

<fontcolor=pink> just seeing if i can do colors.