Any chance before we use DS?

11 years ago, my DH got me pregnant. We were very young , unmarried and terminated that pregnancy.

4 years ago DH was diagnosed with azoospermia from the SA. Went on HCG and had TESE and there was nothing.

Then recently he went on anastrosole for 6 months and then had a microscopic sperm extraction. Again, the was nothing.

DH has been pushing for using DS. I still have hope that he will one day produce sperm again. We know that he definitely hasn’t for at least 3 years. I need to know that there is no chance before we proceed with DS. HAs anyone had the experience of being azoo and then somehow producing sperm again?

Hello,

We are going through a similar situation. DH has Y micro deletion and is NOA. Has the mTESE and nothing was found. I don’t want to give up yet- I keep thinking that there has to be something out there (medical or alternative) that can help him to produce sperm. Male factor infertility is so devastating.

It really is. Mostly because it’s so finite in some ways. Liek there’s really not much ya can do with 0. But then there are also all these others unknowns. Like what caused this? Is it permenant? I’ve often thought about how I would honestly feel if I found out there was a chance AFTER we already conceived with DS. My husband and I have been together almost 15 years. Met when we were 20. He is the love of my life and I often dreamed about what our children would look like. ESpecially since we ended our one pregnancy. There’s all these questions like, " will he produce sperm again? what made him stop?"

It’s all just so hard. Please keep in touch. I’d like to support each other through this.

Blessings,

NNN

I too am not ready to jump to DS. I feel that I need to continue to research for other options that may help our situation. My DH has a microdeletion that most often still produces sperm, and all of his levels are normal. I just don’t understand how no sperm was found with mTESE.

I really believe that doctors can only advise with the experience they have had and don’t always provide the best answers or solutions for every individuals circumstance.

I will be looking into alternative medicine and some other things and will be glad to share anything I find with you.

Let’s keep in touch, it’s so helpful to have support from someone who can empathize.
:woohoo:

I too am not ready to jump to DS. I feel that I need to continue to research for other options that may help our situation. My DH has a microdeletion that most often still produces sperm, and all of his levels are normal. I just don’t understand how no sperm was found with mTESE.

I really believe that doctors can only advise with the experience they have had and don’t always provide the best answers or solutions for every individuals circumstance. I too am devastated to think I may never be able to see a child that I created with the love of my life. I feel like others pregnancies and babies are constantly being shoved in my face- which makes it that much worse.

I will be looking into alternative medicine and some other things and will be glad to share anything I find with you.

Let’s keep in touch, it’s so helpful to have support from someone who can empathize.

Just want to update that we did end up using DS and I am now 7weeks pregnant. I could not be happier. I have no reservations about using DS. It’s not to say that it won’t come up in the future, but for right now, I look forward to raising our child together, whether it’s biologically connected to both of us or not. I feel joy, I feel liek the hole that’s been in our hearts for so long is filled. It’s funny to think how much I worried before. I encourage you to consider DS. Once you see that beautiful heartbeat, it’s likely that nothing else will matter. :slight_smile: