Any Ladies from the Dallas Texas Area?

I am curious to know if there are any ladies that have had a successful/positive experience with IVF in the dallas area? I am looking for a new clinic and would love to hear from ladies that have cycled previously in Dallas, TX or the surrounding area with positive results. I am using my last embryo in September with a FET and I highly doubt if the outcome will be a success. I love my current RE in the Frisco, Tx area but have yet to bring home a baby. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I’m not in the Dallas area (just north of Houston area for me) but wanted to lend my support if you need it.

I know that it’s a bit of a drive, but if you don’t find an RE you’re pleased with I’d be happy to give you some names of some here in my area including my doc…they might even have colleagues to refer you to in Dallas…

:grouphug:
Bree

I met with quite a few drs in the Dallas area and settled on Dr. Escobar and Dr. Le in Las Colinas - Advanced Reproductive. I was originally with Dr. Douglas in Plano and did not have a great experience. I also met with Dr. Barnett in Frisco, who may be your dr??

I could not have been happier with our decision! We absolutely loved them both and the entire staff was so loving and attentive.

They were very agressive, treat each case differently, think outside of the box, do not make patients cycle together, have great stats on SART, and are significantly less expensive than others in the area.

Let me know if you have any questions. I’d be more than happy to help. Seems they were a perfect match for me - I’m 9dp5dt and testing positive!

I am about to start my first cycle so I can’t give you they type of opinion you are asking for. But I did find this link and I know it’s 2 years old but at least it gives you some data.

That being said, I am personally with Center For Assissted Reproduction and seeing Dr. Mansfield and I LOVE her. I feel like she truely cares, is compassionate, listens, and explains things clearly. The staff there leaves something to be desired for sure. Don’t get me wrong some are really nice and helpful…but others not so much. But since we like Dr. Mansfield so much we are sticking with the facility. I think success rates definitely need to be taken into consideration, but I think being comfortable and trusting your RE is very important too.

Best of luck to you!!

Best IVF Clinics In Texas For Women Under 35

But keep in mind that clinics all have different criteria for what they will treat. Some clinics may have worse success rates becuase they specialize in treating more complicated cases. While others have very picky criteria on who they will help in order to get better published rates. Just something to keep in mind when using stats as a deciding factor in clinic selection.

I really appreciate all of your responses:grouphug:

kappocheno-I will definitely keep my options open regarding looking at other clinics outside of the Dallas area. Right now I am trying to research all of my options locally since my insurance pays 100% infertility treatment mostly in this area and will pay only 60% for all out of network. I called my insurance company just to check if Houston IVF was in my network and was advised that it wasn’t. I would love it if you could give me your RE information and maybe I can call them to get a referral in my area. Thanks so much for your input.

smprice-My doctor is actually located at Frisco Infertility (Dallas IVF) and is Dr Barnett’s partner Dr. Ku. He is an amazing dr but not aggressive enough. I have had 2 IVF cycles with him and both cycles were successful but ended in Blighted Ovums. I read that blighted ovums 2 times in a row are very rare and he seems to think that its just bad luck. I had 17 eggs no frosties the first cycle and 21 eggs and 1 frostie left the 2nd cycle. The frostie that I have left is graded CBC and I have no clue what that means since their grading scale is far different than anyone elses. He did say that the embie is not the best quality but that I should give it a shot. I was looking at Dr Haas in Irving but after reading a few reviews on here I doubt if I would consider him. How is Dr Escobar?

shwdmac-Thank you for the link and info regarding Dr. Douglas. I need to do some research on the success for women over 35 since it seems as though they have great success with mostly women under 35. I am so thankful that you and some of the other ladies are members of this board and are able to provide feedback.

I didnt realize that so many women are here from the dallas area or from Texas period. We need to start a thread for women in our area which would be helpful for all of us…

What do you Ladies think about starting a thread???

I never met with or had any contact with Dr. Haas, but I have met with and seen alot of doctor and love Dr. Escobar and Dr. Le. I have seen both Dr. Barnett (who used to work with Dr. Douglas) and Dr. Douglas and my major complaint was not being aggressive enough.

I was 35, had low amh, afc of only 3 - clearly I did not need bcp or lupron suppression! The cycle was a bust before it began.

I’m over 35 so I’ve only looked at those stats. We were really looking at someone who was aggressive and did not “cookie cutter” his patients, which we felt like at other clinics. Dr. Escobar and Dr. Le designed a testosterone AND estrogen priming micro-lupron flare protocol, which is fairly cutting edge.

Such a hard decision, as what works for one person doesn’t for another. Sending you many good luck wishes!

Another vote for Dr. Escobar here. He’s great! Dr. Le handled my transfer because Dr. Escobar was out of the office and he was good, too. I haven’t met with Dr. Haas so I can’t speak about him.

I’m currently 8 weeks pregnant with twins. Dr. Escobar and his staff have been amazing. I was actually saying they have me spoiled because they answer the phone and I can get in touch with my IVF coordinator via email – which I love! I’ve already referred a few of my friends there, too, and they’ve been happy with Dr. Escobar.

Best of luck, whatever you decide.

I am in Dallas area… I have had several people tell me about Frisco Institute of Reproductive Medicine, which is where I am currently switching to. I was previously at Center for Assisted Reproduction with Dr. Nackley. I have also heard great things about Dr. Le in Irving. I have yet to bring home that baby. The new place I am going seems to be aggressive and informative! I love the staff so far!

texasgal: I did DE IVF with Gerald Goldstein, but I never had a chance to try OE IVF so I have no idea how good his stats are for that. My sister did OE IVF with Dr. Rodrigues twice resulting in my two nieces. She swears by him and said he was really aggressive with protocol as she was 38 and almost 41 respectively when she got pregnant. Now at 43 she is going back for her final FET with her remaining frosties. I have friends who have had success with Dr. chantillis and they say he has a great practice. There are a lot of great RE’s in Dallas. Good luck and much baby dust to you!

You Ladies Rock:thankyou:

I am so hyped right now reading all of these positive words of encouragement and actually finding that there are some good doctors here in the Dallas metroplex. I have always wanted to try Dr Rodriguez in Plano Presbyterian but my insurance company says that he’s not an actual RE although he practices infertility :nerd: Not sure what that means but he’s not covered under my plan. I think that I am going to start researching Dr. Escobar this weekend as well as Dr Le and Dr Douglas.

I really am trying to stay positive and hope for the best going into my FET which is scheduled for the end of September but I also want a plan B if the outcome isn’t so great. I am 36 and a half and my FSH level when last checked was 7.3 and I don’t know what my AMH level is. I really think that my egg quality isn’t good because of the reocurring blighted ovums and my DH and I are using donor sperm each cycle…Decisions, Decisions, so many Decisions:woohoo:

Hi Texasgal,

I am also in the DFW area and currently going to Fort Worth Fertility (in Ft Worth) with Dr Kaufman. He is a wonderful caring man who has actually gone through 2 successful IVF cycles himself, so he know first hand what we are all going through.

My first cycle in 2009 was a success and I now have a 2yr DD. We just did a 2nd cycle that was not successful however we did get 2 frosties and will be doing a FET in Sept/Oct. There are a few couples at my church that have also had success with Dr Kaufman.

Clinic is Fort Worth Fertility
I believe his website is dfwivf.com

Good Luck and lots of :pray: & :babydust: your way!

[QUOTE=Texasgal]I really appreciate all of your responses:grouphug:

kappocheno-I will definitely keep my options open regarding looking at other clinics outside of the Dallas area. Right now I am trying to research all of my options locally since my insurance pays 100% infertility treatment mostly in this area and will pay only 60% for all out of network. I called my insurance company just to check if Houston IVF was in my network and was advised that it wasn’t. I would love it if you could give me your RE information and maybe I can call them to get a referral in my area. Thanks so much for your input.

I didnt realize that so many women are here from the dallas area or from Texas period. We need to start a thread for women in our area which would be helpful for all of us…

What do you Ladies think about starting a thread???[/QUOTE]

My pleasure!

I a a patient at the Advanced Fertility Center of Texas and my doctor is Stephan Krotz.

I know that they specialize in fertility over 35 as well as PCOS, Cancer patients, etc…

As for your insurance, one would think that as long as the clinic is in network with the benefits that your plan covers…that it wouldn’t matter where in TX it is… :slight_smile:

You’re in my :pray: and I am sure that you are going to find your plan pans out the way you need it to…

I’m definitely on board with the TX thread idea…I think it would be great! I’m always meeting girls throughout the Lone Star state and even in my neck of the woods…What a great idea!!!

Count me in.

Bree

11JAG-WOW…Congrats on being pregnant with twins I am so hoping to be there one day:cheer:

TexasGRL-Thanks for the info regarding Dr Goldstein. I just added notes to my little list that I have to look at his website and do some research on him. I see in your siggy that you just delivered not long ago Congrats to you…It must be a great feeling being a mom.

kappocheno-Thanks sooooo much for posting the link to your clinic I plan to call them Monday to get advice or anything that they would be willing to offer me regarding Dr or doctors in my area. Like I mentioned earlier my RE is nice and has great bedside manner but I am so over nice…I need truth and aggression. Honestly, I sometimes feel that my RE knows that my insurance pays and feels like oh well lets try this and if this doesnt work then we can try this. I trust what he says because he is my doctor but he keeps using the same protocol, BCP-Lupron-Gonal and Menopur-Progesterone in oil…the last cycle I stimmed so long trying to let other follicles catch up that my large follicles started to shrink meaning that he cooked my eggs:grr:

KimKlein-Is that your daughter? If so, she is so cute…I looked at your clinics website when I was thinking about doing Donor Egg cycle. They work with the Frozen egg bank that I was reviewing and thought about calling to set up a consult. Thank You for chiming in with this info. The more the better:clap:

nelldance-Frisco Institute of Reproductive Med is a block from my home right off of parkwood blvd and warren. I considered stopping by but I couldnt find there previous success rates on SART. If you could give us feedback once you have your consult that would be great. Thank You

Is anyone cycling right now or doing a FET?

[QUOTE=Texasgal]

kappocheno-Thanks sooooo much for posting the link to your clinic I plan to call them Monday to get advice or anything that they would be willing to offer me regarding Dr or doctors in my area. Like I mentioned earlier my RE is nice and has great bedside manner but I am so over nice…I need truth and aggression. Honestly, I sometimes feel that my RE knows that my insurance pays and feels like oh well lets try this and if this doesnt work then we can try this. I trust what he says because he is my doctor but he keeps using the same protocol, BCP-Lupron-Gonal and Menopur-Progesterone in oil…the last cycle I stimmed so long trying to let other follicles catch up that my large follicles started to shrink meaning that he cooked my eggs:grr:

Is anyone cycling right now or doing a FET?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your experience…Non-aggressive RE’s urk me. My doctor is definitely on board with aggression and understands my desire. I’ve followed him around from one practice to the current. (He was a secondary physician to me when he was completing his residency at Baylor) He’s phenomenal. If you’d like his email address, I’d be happy to give it you, i’m sure he’d answer any question you might have–if he can.

You’re in my thoughts!

I’m in my 2WW right now. Just finished my FET…:cross: I transferred 2 Day-6 Expanded blasts…:pray: I would be excited if it were under any other circumstances, however if you look at my signature then you will see that my journey has been a bit rough…I’m still optimistic though…

:flower:

Texasgal- I live in Houston but I’m actually going up to Dallas to Frisco Institute Of Reproductive Medicine as part of a study there. I see Dr. Guarami and really like him and his nurses. He personally does all the sono’s and I see him at every appointment, which I like. My first cycle was a total bust because I seem to overstim just being in a room with Folistim, and my egg quality was sh**, but they were so sure they could do better they offered me a free cycle and this one has gone soooo much better!
Dr. Guarami is pretty traditional/conservative, but he is open to conversation, really listens to concerns, and gives honest opinions. I think the other Dr there, Dr. Mehta, is more “new school” so she might be someone to consider too.
They don’t have info on SART… I think the clinic is fairly new… But there are only two Drs and I don’t think they take on a huge patient load.
Overall I’ve been happy with them, and if… WHEN my FET on sept 5 works, I’ll be really happy with them!
Good luck with whatever you choose!

I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about Dr Kaufman in Ft. Worth, as well. If you are looking for someone more agressive, I would skip over Dr. Douglas. They are ultra conservative and I had VERY little interaction with the doctor. Even when the told me the bad news of my cycle getting cancelled, the nurse came in to talk to us and tell us - she said Dr. D was too busy to meet with us. He does NONE of the ultrasounds, whereas, Dr. Le and/or Dr. Escobar do all of theirs. Just my opinion, but I prefer more doctor interaction - to be there to answer questions, concerns, etc. - and the only time I ever saw Dr. Douglas was our very first visit (out of at least 10 visits).

So many great doctors that hopefully will fullfill your dream!

[QUOTE=KimKlein]Hi Texasgal,

I am also in the DFW area and currently going to Fort Worth Fertility (in Ft Worth) with Dr Kaufman. He is a wonderful caring man who has actually gone through 2 successful IVF cycles himself, so he know first hand what we are all going through.

My first cycle in 2009 was a success and I now have a 2yr DD. We just did a 2nd cycle that was not successful however we did get 2 frosties and will be doing a FET in Sept/Oct. There are a few couples at my church that have also had success with Dr Kaufman.

Clinic is Fort Worth Fertility
I believe his website is dfwivf.com

Good Luck and lots of :pray: & :babydust: your way![/QUOTE]

I’m from Fort Worth and have been seeing Dr Kaufmann since Jan 2012…I have done about 4 IUI cycles with him and were pretty sure we were going to do ivf with him if this last round hadn’t been successful…I love that i can call his office any time and get all my questions answered…if he can’t get back to me in the day he calls me from home…i have also had a lot of friends use him woth success…word on the street is that he can apprently get even an acorn preggo LOL.

MiaTx-You made me laugh with that comment “he can apprently get an acorn pregnant” that was too cute…But seriously, I really appreciate so many women chiming in with so much valuable info and experiences with doctors in our area. I too am one of those patients that love interacting with my doctor and hate it when they are too busy to make even a phone call. I find that too be very annoying.

smprice-I’ve had a some free time today so I had a chance to do a little bit of research on Dr. Escobar and noticed also that he has some really good educational background my DH was really impressed. I actually am leaning toward contacting his office tomorrow and setting up a consultation.

SweetyKitty-You may have a point about Frisco Institute of Reproductive Medicine when you mentioned that they are farily new and that could be a reason why they don’t have stats on SART. I know that SART stats was last updated 2010 so if they just opened they obviously wouldn’t have anything to report. Good Luck with your FET on Sept 5th and lots of baby dust. Please keep me updated:cross:

kappocheno-Best of Luck on your 2ww. I always loose my mind during the 2ww. Every little twinge or pull I think that something is wrong. I even had to take a break from the message boards for a few days just to keep my sanity. Try to stay away from those pee sticks if you dont have any at home already, try not to go out and buy any. Don’t even walk down that aisle in the supermarket or drugstore, believe me they will call your name if you dohttp://forums.adoption.com/images/icons/icon11.gif…I would love your RE email info, I like to hear from other doctors even if its just to get others ideas and/or opinions

[QUOTE=Texasgal]
kappocheno-Best of Luck on your 2ww. I always loose my mind during the 2ww. Every little twinge or pull I think that something is wrong. I even had to take a break from the message boards for a few days just to keep my sanity. Try to stay away from those pee sticks if you dont have any at home already, try not to go out and buy any. Don’t even walk down that aisle in the supermarket or drugstore, believe me they will call your name if you dohttp://forums.adoption.com/images/icons/icon11.gif…I would love your RE email info, I like to hear from other doctors even if its just to get others ideas and/or opinions[/QUOTE]

Too late…They’ve been screaming my name so I caved!! :woohoo: You can’t hear it??? [I][COLOR=“Gray”]Breeeeeeeee, Breeeeeeeeee, Coooommmmeeeee bbbbuuuuuuyyyyy mmmeeeeeeeeee![/I] LMAO…okay so now I know I’m mental! :evilgrin:

I haven’t PAOS’d yet…I’m fighting the forces that be. Not sure how long I will last though, which is strange because I’m fairly strong! LOL smh…

Sending pm your way…