Any Ladies from the Dallas Texas Area?

I actually used Gerald Goldstein last year for my 2nd IUI. I live in NE Texas so I have a 2 hr drive to the DFW area. I was referred to him by a friend of mine who did conceive from IVF her first try. He also comes to my area once a month to an Ob/Gyn he works with, so I thought why not? I am sure u can all see my signature. After some craziness and confusion and not the proper amout/type of progesterone I miscarried twins. I am now also looking for a new RE since my husband and I have finally decided to move to IVF. I am 34 and a half and after 5 total m/c’s and 2 live births trying for baby #3 for 6 years it is time! I am so glad I found this forum. What a great idea for us Texas girls that use RE’s in the DFW area! I had actually been looking at Dr. Kathleen Doody and staff since I know of another friend of mine who was successful 14 years ago with her…she had boy girl twins on her first IVF. Good luck to everyone of yall and I look forward to talking with yall!

Im actually from Oklahoma and had 2 unsuccesful IVF cycles and decided it was time to switch somewhere new. I felt like my RE didnt really care. Since the other fertility clinic here doesnt accept same-sex couples I got on the internet and found Center for Assisted Reproduction. I have family who live in the Frisco area so I knew that would help cut the cost of hotel. I currently am seeing Dr. Mansfield and she is AMAZING! I did get pregnant with my first FET with her but ended in chemical. She is very kind and when we came back for our consult after the chemical the first thing she did was give us a big hug. I have to agree that some of the staff is not really … i dont care for most of them but Dr. Mansfield is amazing and I couldnt be any happier with my decision.

Hi there…

We saw Dr. Douglas and had no complaints. I was able to speak with him when I wanted to and when I decided I wanted to go to ER with only 3 follies, I didn’t get any pushback. He explained that our chances were slim given my history of endo, age and DOR but we hung in there and our first IVF was successful. Our little girl is due on Halloween and we couldn’t be happier.

Best of luck to you!

Texasgal, Sounds like you got a lot of good advise. I did my first IVF in Dallas with Dr Chantilis. I would go back to him in a heartbeat. I know it’s hard to have hope, but it was my FET that I got preggers with. I was changing doctors and we had NO hope for the FET, but it worked and I pray and hope for you that it works too! If it doesn’t and you do change clinics I would check out Dr Chantilis! Good Luck!!

Can you let me know if you have the fee schedule

[quote=Texasgal]11JAG-WOW…Congrats on being pregnant with twins I am so hoping to be there one day:cheer:

TexasGRL-Thanks for the info regarding Dr Goldstein. I just added notes to my little list that I have to look at his website and do some research on him. I see in your siggy that you just delivered not long ago Congrats to you…It must be a great feeling being a mom.

kappocheno-Thanks sooooo much for posting the link to your clinic I plan to call them Monday to get advice or anything that they would be willing to offer me regarding Dr or doctors in my area. Like I mentioned earlier my RE is nice and has great bedside manner but I am so over nice…I need truth and aggression. Honestly, I sometimes feel that my RE knows that my insurance pays and feels like oh well lets try this and if this doesnt work then we can try this. I trust what he says because he is my doctor but he keeps using the same protocol, BCP-Lupron-Gonal and Menopur-Progesterone in oil…the last cycle I stimmed so long trying to let other follicles catch up that my large follicles started to shrink meaning that he cooked my eggs:grr:

KimKlein-Is that your daughter? If so, she is so cute…I looked at your clinics website when I was thinking about doing Donor Egg cycle. They work with the Frozen egg bank that I was reviewing and thought about calling to set up a consult. Thank You for chiming in with this info. The more the better:clap:

nelldance-Frisco Institute of Reproductive Med is a block from my home right off of parkwood blvd and warren. I considered stopping by but I couldnt find there previous success rates on SART. If you could give us feedback once you have your consult that would be great. Thank You

Is anyone cycling right now or doing a FET?[/quote]

My husband and I are interested in seeing Dr. Gerald Goldstein in Dallas and have called to see if they could send us their IVF Fee Schedule to get an idea of the cost$-unsuccessfully. My husband is a finance guy so it is all about the bottom line and he is not happy that they aren’t forthcoming. I have read some really good patient reviews and this is the doc I want to see. Do you have their fee schedule by chance? I appreciate your help.
Wishingforababy

Wishingforbaby: I wanted to let you know that I was a previous paitent of Dr. Goldstein. I used him last year for an IUI cycle. He came highly recommended but my personal experiance was not good. I started seeing Dr. Kevin Doody with C.A.R Fertility. His main location is in Bedford TX but he has several around the Dallas area. I wish I would have found him 6 years ago. When I went to Dr Golstein last year we noticed there was free standing fluid in my uterus and he still went forward with the IUI. I did get pregnant but lost the pregnancy very early. Last week I had surgery to remove endo, scar tissue, cysts, my right tube was pinned to my cervix. By my scar tissue and when Dr. Kevin did my u/s the week before surgery he saw free standing fluid and felt implants of endo behind my cervix. All of this was there when I went to Dr. Goldstein but none was talked about much less fixed. I feel that he is all about money and pushing patients through like cattle. Dr. Kevin has been an RE for over 20 years and has excellent rates as well as statistics. Please check out his info. I highly recommended him!! Fertility Center: Dallas, Texas - (CARE) Center for Assisted Reproduction: IVF Infertility Treatment

hi, I am new to this website, am trying to find a good RI in the Dallas area. I called the Beer center in CA and asked them for a referral to someone they have worked with in the past in Dallas and the only suggestion I got was to try the yahoo group and ask for some RE who has a friendly approach towards RI approach. I have read on the yahoo group about people having bad experiences with REs who do not agree to the RI solutions/treatments and it only makes our lives difficult to push them to consider others solutions. I am considering seeing Dr Kwak early next year so want to make sure I can have a local RI who can follow up with that care. Any advice appreciated, Thanks, Prayer

hi, I am new to this website, am trying to find a good RI in the Dallas area. I called the Beer center in CA and asked them for a referral to someone they have worked with in the past in Dallas and the only suggestion I got was to try the yahoo group and ask for some RE who has a friendly approach towards RI approach. I have read on the yahoo group about people having bad experiences with REs who do not agree to the RI solutions/treatments and it only makes our lives difficult to push them to consider others solutions. I am considering seeing Dr Kwak early next year so want to make sure I can have a local RI who can follow up with that care. Any advice appreciated, Thanks, Prayer

hey prayer2014 - we will in north dallas (frisco) and we have been to Dr. Robim Thomas at Centennial in frisco. She is a very good RE. All the procedures incluing ER/ET and ultrasounds are done by her instead of a RN. She also works from bedford

Thanks for the info inferdlls. I will definitely check her out. May I ask who your OB is ?

Prayer2014: My OB is Marcia Taylor at presbyterian hospital plano and had my first appointment this week. She is really good and spent 20-30 minutes with us going thru family history and my reporting thru IVF cycle.