Any STL girls?

any girls in st. louis doing ivf?

I’m close. I’m in KC. Are you in the process of doing IVF or preparing for it? I hope to start in March or April. . .still trying to decide which RE to go to- the one who has a supposed higher success rate or the one who is $4,000 cheaper but still has a good success rate?

[QUOTE=amwyatt3]I’m close. I’m in KC. Are you in the process of doing IVF or preparing for it? I hope to start in March or April. . .still trying to decide which RE to go to- the one who has a supposed higher success rate or the one who is $4,000 cheaper but still has a good success rate?[/QUOTE]

Hi I’m in Topeka but I’ve been seeing dr Riggs at rrc for over a year. Who are you considering?

If this cycle doesn’t work I’m going to dr ahlering at Sirm st Louis.

[quote=Buttercup5]Hi I’m in Topeka but I’ve been seeing dr Riggs at rrc for over a year. Who are you considering?

If this cycle doesn’t work I’m going to dr ahlering at Sirm st Louis.[/quote]

So happy to hear from you. I am currently going to Dr. Gahlbech at Midwest Reproductive Center. Im not sure if I want to go to him though because I feel like he is falsifying IVF success percentages (he claims to have a 70% success rate). May I ask how much do you pay at rrc? I ask because we are strongly considering going there. . . I have a consulation with Brabec on Wednesday. My SIL went there for her 2 successful IVF’s and she only paid approx $8,000. Dr. G. says it will cost $10-$12K. DO you like rrc’s clinic?

Hi! So they will give you this info at your consult I think, but so you can know sooner, here is their price list:

office visits $50 each
US $263 each
estradial labs $90 each
progesterone (lab I think?) $70 each
follicle aspiration $2125
IVF lab fee $2525
embryo transfer and lab prep $675
ICSI $2158

Overland Park regional med center fees for the retreival: $1000 and $440 for anesthesia

They do require payment up front, but they do work with attain for the shared risk program, AND they work with a lender if you want to borrow for procedures. We did for some of the cost and it was easy and the rates aren’t bad.

I see Dr Riggs. I like that he was aggressive at the beginning. My consult turned into a full work up including saline US and 2 months later I was having surgery to remove cysts, polyps and endo. he is very straightforward and blunt, which I appreciate.

BUT, i have DOR and am a poor responder, and after only creating 3 eggs on round one of IVF, he said he wouldn’t go to retreival with me again if I didn’t respond better. I strongly believe this is bc he is more concerned with his success rates than with what I want to do. I feel like it’s my money and if I want to go to retrieval I should be able to but it’s his business of course so he doesn’t have to.

Also,all the research I have seen indicates that I should be doing antagonist protocol and he refuses to try that for unknown reasons.

Their office staff is outstanding. The nurses, lab techs, receptionists, everyone I totally love. someone answers the phone every time you call and they are super responsive. I can’t say enough good about our experiences there, except what I mentioned above.

Now, there is another gal on here who i got to know on another thread named Miraclebabygirl who used to live in Lawrence and went to Dr Lyles, Dr Brabec’s former partner and the RRC founder and she was not happy there. They moved out of state but if they had stayed she was going to switch to Dr Gelbach.

I think at the end of the day if you’re a normal responder, you’d like RRC and have a good experience there. I forgot to check out your sig before starting my response so I don’t remember if you are or not! I’ll check after I post!

It’s a hard decision I know…i’m more than happy to answer any questions you have about RRC so just let me know. Miraclebabygirl would too I’m certain if you want to look her up.

Orginal poster–you’re in St Louis? Who do you see there?

me, me, me!!!

I’m a Sher St. Louis gal, doing my 1st (any only) IVF in Feb!