Any success stories wit IUI and poor sperm morphology?

My dh has 3% normal sperm. We are starting our first round of IUI next month. Anyone else gone through poor morphology and had an IUI work? I am nervous that we will have to go with IVF with ICSI but that is so expensive.

Any stories would be great!

Ours was 4% with 5M count, 5% with 46M count and 3% with 17M count for our IUIs.

We haven’t been successful but our doctor told us to not give up hope because they have gotten people pregnant with less than 1% morph. It just takes one!!

Good luck!

Yes, we had success on our 3rd try. Husband has low morph…sorry can’t give you exact numbers because our office didn’t have the technology to measure that but the semen analysis did reveal low morph…good luck ladies. See Signature below for details… Amy, do you have any diagnosis? If it is only him, half the battle has already been overcome! My husband and I both had major issues. I do not grow follicles, ovulate, or menstruate without medication!!!

The new normal regulations for morph is 4%. dh had 5% with our triplets.

thinking of IUI

:pray: :frowning: Hi all

Am new in this forum, and am from halfway around the world in Asia.
I couldnt find any forum in my country talking specificly abt this matter.
I 've been married for almost four years and been TTC for almost four years too :slight_smile:
on mid 2010 i went to see the doctors and had check up. He said i had small infection in one of my tubes (though both of my tubes are OK-patent) and had me hydrotubation. my dh also had SA and found out he had teratoozospermic. Our doctor suggest us for insemination (IUI). bu we never did it.
Recently, he had SA and found out the result now Normazoospermic, but when i checked the morphology, its only 7 % normal. sperm counts :109.3 mio/ml, total sperm: 327.9 mio/ejaculation. with motility 71%.
We’ve been thinking to see our doctor again and try the IUI. but, i am not really sure about that due to low of morphology (and make me wondering why the result said its Normal).
cost for IUI here is about 650 USD… maybe its cheap compare there. but its quite big here.and we have to save to get that amount.
so its something for us.
Ohh many times i just wished the :babydust: come and showering me then i can concieve normally :frowning:

Is there any of you can give me any advise what to do, should i go on…

it would be nice to have reply from you nice people :slight_smile:

cheers
heldie

Jan12, give iui a shot or 3. And iui is done with washed sperm. So the washing will get rid of all the bad, dead sperm. The best of the best sperm is used for iui. :cross:

I am in a similar boat! My husband and I have been trying hard for a year but haven’t used an contraception in over 5 years! I have had all the tests done and everything seems to be normal. My husband has good counts and motility but only 1% morphology and a bit of agglutination. (they’re sticking together) I started Clomid this month for cycle days 5-9, in hopes of providing more targets. I take my last 2 pills tonight! No side effects yet but I’m still waiting… So I’m guessing the IUI will happen the end of this week/ next weekend. Good luck!!! Baby dust all around!

Jan12
You should definitely give it a shot. I have been doing lot of reaserch on this because my DH has very similar issue. Numbers are just numbers and it does not mean that it will not work for you. I also read that there are certain vitamins that may help improve morphology so you may want to look it up. Good luck to you!

[QUOTE=Americanka]Jan12
You should definitely give it a shot. I have been doing lot of reaserch on this because my DH has very similar issue. Numbers are just numbers and it does not mean that it will not work for you. I also read that there are certain vitamins that may help improve morphology so you may want to look it up. Good luck to you![/QUOTE]

Americanka - I love your username :slight_smile: Perhaps you are eastern european like I am!

We are very similar in our diagnosis as well. I have high FSH/low AMH at 31 and DH has low morphology. This will be our 4th IUI attempt (coming up next week!) Good luck to you in your journey.

As for low morphology in general - our urologist told my DH that anything above 4% is normal. It also depends on total count. For example, 4% of 100 million is good, 4 % of 10 million not so good.