Any success with assisted hatching

The embryologist just told me that they were going to do assisted hatching - not with acid but a new way with a laser. Has anyone has success. They are doing it because of my last results.

Lets hope this is the ticket to success! Any words or information would be great.

Oh… Only two made it but they are perfect. Last time three were perfect.

Hello there,

I did AH with my 3 embryos, 1st one I got pregnant but suffered a misscariage. Now, I’m 20 weeks pregnant with twin boys with AH.

My clinic did the laser method, I believe by the time I did the transfer the embryo was already getting “out” of the shell.

My advice is stay positive and rest for 2-3 days after transfer. They tell you NOT to but I believe the first 2-3 days are crucial, after that you can resume your normal activities. I even travel on a business trip…

Also, I know it sounds crazy…because I was away and didn’t want anyone to find out, I ended up drinking red wine. Months later, I read that red wine helps with implantation OF course this is controversial because they haven’t done enough studies. I’m not telling you to do it, I’m sharing what worked for me.

Also, talk to your embies after transfer. I always spoke to my “boys” during that 2 ww. It didn’t come as a surprise when I was told, I was expecting twins!! Since, my transfer I spoke to them. I’m so blessed they decided to stay with me. God willing in a few weeks they will be here.

Stay calm and have faith. It will happen ;o) Good luck and tons of baby dust for you.

Alexis.

I also did AH. Are you doing ICSI? Best of luck! :pray:

Lexis - thank you for sharing that with me. When the embryologist came in and talked to me about the embryos and what the lab Dr reccomended I was in shock and I agreed. I trust this clinic 100%. But I had not done any research on AH. So it was a quick decision.

As for the rest… My clinic requires it. They have a strict protocol. But then again they have some of the best results in the country and have a large international base of patients

Like you I talked to my first one that I miscarried and I’ve been talking to these all day. It’s funny. My dad was here and he told my mom I was having twins. I didn’t even tell him they Transfered two. I hope he’s right.

Babylove4u- no we did not have to do ICIS. My DH sperm are super human. Even when he is having an insulin reaction from his type 1 diabetes he is able to produce high quality sperm that fertilizes my eggs like they have something to prove. Just not fair. Lol.

Well I am very hopeful that my beta on 4/6 is a positive one and we do not have a repeat of my last one. I know that I am in a better place right now. I just feel more settled with this. Especially now that I have read up on AH and how it can really help us older gals!

The reason I ask, is that in my case, they did ICSI even though my DH’s swimmers were fine. It is because of my age (39). ICSI helps with fertilization. In older woman, the shell can be hard and difficult to penetrate. Just something to ask about. Good luck!!!

We did half ICIS and half natural with my first IVF and left this one to the discretion of the lab director and the RE. I did prepay for ICIS in case we needed it. The good thing is that all eggs fertilzed. But three were abnormal after day one, one fractured due to immaturity, three were perfect at day one. However one of the three did not progress past a three cell but the other two were perfect- something about the way they were al masses together and the edges were perfect and symmetrical.

With my first IVF, I did get pregnant but miscarried one day short of 8 weeks. So they are hopeful that this time will work - as am I.

The more I read about AH the more satisfied I am with the labs decision to do the laser assisted hatching. It makes perfect sense to me and I know if this is successful, I will credit AH for it. And if its twins. I will cry!!

[quote=Spenanelson]The embryologist just told me that they were going to do assisted hatching - not with acid but a new way with a laser. Has anyone has success. They are doing it because of my last results.

Lets hope this is the ticket to success! Any words or information would be great.

Oh… Only two made it but they are perfect. Last time three were perfect.[/quote]

Hi Spenanelson,
I have done IVF at 5 different clinics. All did AH except Cornell. It was always done with a laser. Cornell didn’t do it because I think the lab wants to be as minimal as possible. I think AH is the norm for women of AMA.
Wishing you the best in 2ww. :pray: