Any success with FET after failed FETs of the same embryo batch?

Hi hi
I will have my third FET in June. I wonder if there is anybody who got BFP after several BFN with FET from same embryo batch?
Is it possible to get pregnant with FET even the last cycles were negative??

Yes! My son was the second FET (day 6 blast) we did following a fresh IVF cycle in 2010. The fresh cycle resulted in a BFP and we froze 3 embryos, but I miscarried in Sept 2010 due to an incompetent cervix. We did an unsuccessful FET after that, and then I got pregnant with my son.

I am hoping for the same. did a fresh in january…bfn. just did my first ever fet…bfn. we have one remaining day 6 blast left. I pray that this is my golden egg.

There are many stories on this forum where ladies succeeded with the embryos from the same batch after they had one or more failures.
GL

Hello there,

Yes, you can!! I got 6 eggs and 4 blastocysts. I transfered the 1st resulted in bfn! The second one, resulted on a chemical. On the third try, I decided to use the last 2 remaining blasts. I was pretty sure it wasn’t going to work…

Currently 30 weeks pregnant with my twin boys from that batch. So, it can happen!! Every embryo has his/her own DNA and it is different from the others. Of course you can have the “one” in a “bad batch”.

I wish you all the best and remember it takes only one to get your miracle baby!!

Alexis.

Yes, it can happen! See my signature. I had 2 failed attempts before I got my bfp with the same batch of embryos. I started with 14 embryos, it was my third and last transfer that one became a baby . I am currently 20 weeks pregnant with my baby girl. So in my case, only 1 out of 14 embryos was viable. It is all about finding that right embryo that is meant to become your baby. Don’t give up! Wishing you lots of :babydust: !

[quote=Lexis]Hello there,

Yes, you can!! I got 6 eggs and 4 blastocysts. I transfered the 1st resulted in bfn! The second one, resulted on a chemical. On the third try, I decided to use the last 2 remaining blasts. I was pretty sure it wasn’t going to work…

Currently 30 weeks pregnant with my twin boys from that batch. So, it can happen!! Every embryo has his/her own DNA and it is different from the others. Of course you can have the “one” in a “bad batch”.

I wish you all the best and remember it takes only one to get your miracle baby!!

Alexis.[/quote]

good to see you again Alexis
i am 2dp5dt and hoping this will be the case for us too. we put back 3 good frozen blasts

thank you for that point of view! we try to control so much in this ivf process, but it boils down to …it happens it IT"S own time.

Yes, it’s definitely possible. There is a theory ( not sure if everyone believes it yet), that not all “eggs” are created equal. What I mean is, not all eggs were destined to become embryos. There are supposedly “helper” eggs whose function are to help produce estrogen for the main egg to ovulate and become a baby. I think, since we are artificially stimulating all these eggs to grow with hormones, we don’t necessarily know which egg was meant to be the “star”. Also, Some eggs may have chromosomal issues, etc. plus, sometimes the conditions of our bodies are just not perfect for implantation. Also, how good the ivf lab is at culturing the embryos also impacts embryo quality, if you have a crappy lab, probably they have bad technique in cell culturing.

Those are all plausible reasons for why you can have failed fets from the same batch as a successful fet.

But to give you some positive stories…I’ve only ever had 1 batch of embryos to use. I had my ivf before I did chemotherapy as fertility preservation, so I never had any more chances to get embryos. We retrieved 22 eggs, 18 fertilized and frozen. I had 1 chemical, 1 bfn, bfp (twins who are 2), then another bfn, now I’m pg with #3 A singleton. So I had 5 fets from 1 batch, 2 successful and 3 non successful. So it can happen.

it is so wonderful to hear these stories…thank you ladies for taking the time to share and encourage those of us going thru it right now.
the 2WW is a killer, especially when you have literally “put all of your eggs into one basket”

Thank you very much all ladies to share your wonderful experiences with us… I will do my third FET in June (in about 2 weeks) and I am preparing my body and mind for best result.

[quote=pamelascakes]good to see you again Alexis
i am 2dp5dt and hoping this will be the case for us too. we put back 3 good frozen blasts[/quote]

Praying for you for a BFP which will last for 9 months :pray::preg:
Please update us with your result here
Good luck

[QUOTE=Tany]Praying for you for a BFP which will last for 9 months :pray::preg:
Please update us with your result here
Good luck[/QUOTE]
Thank u I will do an hpt in the am.

I sure as heck hope so!! I have 12 frozen embryos!! I can’t imagine going through all of them and not ONE working!! Lots of good success stories here!!

5dp5dt:bfn: not even a squinter…just an evap line…

[QUOTE=pamelascakes]5dp5dt:bfn: not even a squinter…just an evap line…[/QUOTE]

It is too early to get accurate result… You have to wait more… Just pray for you to get BFP :pray:

did a second test tonight and i see the “omg, don’t be silly” evap line that just maybe the start of a real line??? at least it wasn’t STARK WHITE