Any suggestions on how to increase follicle numbers?

Any ideas on how to increase follicle counts?..I know about Quality…but, what about quantity?..I had a CCCT test and my numbers were fine…great reserve…

needing a bump…46 people have read this post…no ideas?

One idea out there is androgens, like DHEA and testosterone. A randomized trial found some benefit from testosterone pre-treatment.

Hi Sib - :grouphug: As ghost said, there are a few (very small, totally non-randomized, not very scientific) studies showing that 12-16 weeks of DHEA can help out with follicle count. My doctor feels it can’t hurt, so I’ve been taking it for a while; I know Sher at SIRM doesn’t like it except for patients with proven DOR, so you might want to ask your doc. I also would say that it seems to be due to protocol a lot of the time. I’ve seem people get 8-10 for a couple of cycles, then suddenly 22 the next time when they do a new protocol.

vitamins and healthy food

From my experience with a vitamins you can improve your follicle count.
Two month ago I had 10 antral follicle count.Now,I have 17.I did a research about vitamin and healthy food.
I am taking vitamin E ,CoQ10, wheat grass , Sprouted Ground Flax,Royall Jelly and Raspberry green tea.Everything it has to be ORGANIC!!!
Also, I am eating almonds every day,lens,beans,fruits,vegetables and a lot of fish
How many antral follicle count you have?
Hope this will help you to improve your number:clap:
hug:cheer:
vesna

[B][U]Second ivf[/U][/B]

17 antral follicle count
diluted lupron 20 units twice daily from 11-19-2010
ovarian stimulation Gonal f 450 units,2 days 375 units
11-24 ultrasound

Thanks for the advice…I will try the extra vitamins…I am already taking DHEA…

I like the idea of increasing my count from 10 to 17…:)…we shall see…

Any more ideas?

159 views and only 5 responses?..really?..Nobody has any other ideas?..what about the CCRM girls?

I ask my self the same question two days ago…
I didn’t try acupuncture but I think can help.
Thinking of you:babydust:

Sib, I read the CCRM thread all the time. For count, there’s not much that can be done, really, other than try DHEA and change protocols. Most of the supplements suggested there are to help quality - CoQ10, myo-inositol, melatonin. Can’t hurt, and hopefully means that whatever you produce will be better quality so you won’t need as many. Could try royal jelly too.

I’d really start asking about other protocols. The other thing I do see sometimes with the CCRM girls is Saizen, or growth hormone, with the EPP protocol. But talk with your doc – there’s more to how they pick the protocol than just how many follicles you have.

Remember babe, it only takes one. Look at my sig. I struggled to get follies and look at me! Good Luck with everything :cross: xxx

[quote=kimberf]Sib, I read the CCRM thread all the time. For count, there’s not much that can be done, really, other than try DHEA and change protocols. Most of the supplements suggested there are to help quality - CoQ10, myo-inositol, melatonin. Can’t hurt, and hopefully means that whatever you produce will be better quality so you won’t need as many. Could try royal jelly too.

I’d really start asking about other protocols. The other thing I do see sometimes with the CCRM girls is Saizen, or growth hormone, with the EPP protocol. But talk with your doc – there’s more to how they pick the protocol than just how many follicles you have.[/quote]

I heard something about melatonin. Do you know anything about this?

not sure

I would think BC could surpress eggs as what they do originally. :nerd:

This is my 3rd ivf and first time at CCRM
My follicle count has increased from ivf cycles 1&2 is my follicle count went from 10 to 22 with the MDL protocol( menopure, Saizen and Gonal f) + mega supplements: CoQ10, inositol, Pycogenol,Dhea,Dha, wheat grass , royal jelly, no alcohol, no caffeine, exercise, fertility Accupuncture treatments 1x per week , then 2x per week
during stim cycle.
Another thing to note that is a huge difference is my estrodial is 4033! today whereas my previous cycles I couldn’t get it any higher than 1200.
This is a Very good sign that I will have more viable eggs to work with.
My husband also stopped drinking with me 3 months ago along with the 0 caffeine etc
Good luck to you.
I hope this helps. We are astounded by how I am responding and are taking it one day at a time but optimistic
Best to you
Kate

SiblingChallenge- what protocol were you on? Long Lupron, Antagonist, Microdose Lupron? As someone else suggested, maybe a different protocol would be more appropriate? I personally had good luck with the Microdose Lupron protocol in October as far as # of eggs retrieved- 15 out of 17 were mature, we ended up with 4 blasts- 2 transferred, and 2 frozen. I do know that your AFC will vary month to month as well- some months you just have more available to be recruited I guess. I was only on BCP for 17 days for my protocol. I know that before retrieval they were telling be they should get about 10 eggs retrieved, which we were happy with that number, but ended up retrieving 17. In addition to regular multivitamin, I was taking co-Q 10, and Royal Jelly w/ BP in fresh honey. No idea if the supplements helped, but I don’t think they hurt. You can see what my protocol looked like as far as # of days stimming and dosages in my siggy. Good luck to you! What did your Dr say at your followup after your first cycle? Are they going to tweak your protocol at all this time?

[SIZE=“2”][FONT=“Comic Sans MS”][COLOR=“DarkGreen”]My protocol made all the difference in the world!!! Just did my 3rd ivf w/ a totally diff. protocol. First two ivfs i did the bcp/lupron protocol. First ivf i ended up w/ 15 follicles being retrieved, 7 were mature n only 2 fert’d. Second ivf was the same protocol again. I had 13 follies retrieved, 6 mature n 2 fert’d, again!:grr: This time i did the estrogen priming protocol. Yesterday i had 24 follies retrieved! Got my call this morning from the embryologist n 21 were mature n 13 fert’d!!!:woohoo: For whatever reason my follies DO NOT do well when i take bcp’s or lupron! I will NEVER EVER do that protocol again! So frustrating to not know how ur body’s going to react ahead of time. I could have saved myself the heartache n frustration of ever trying the bcp’s n lupron in the first place. Well, we’ve got the saying hindsight’s 20 20 for a reason, right?:stuck_out_tongue: I wish you the best of luck!! P.S. I did acupuncture once a wk. w/ this cycle. Have no clue if that helped or not but i def. got best results this time![/FONT][/SIZE]

Lots of recent buzz about melatonin…my Dr. put me on it a few weeks ago…recent study says that IVF outcomes might be doubled. Here is a link to an artilce about it:

IVF News - Melatonin could improve women’s IVF success

Wow Kate and NotGivingup!! You give me hope!! I am doing my 1st IVF cycle and am doing an EPP antagonist protocol…I hope I have similar results!! GL to the both of you!!

[quote=classc_1]Lots of recent buzz about melatonin…my Dr. put me on it a few weeks ago…recent study says that IVF outcomes might be doubled. Here is a link to an artilce about it:

IVF News - Melatonin could improve women’s IVF success[/quote]

I am going to start taking this. How much are you taking? Thanks!!

3mg an hour before bed…that was the amount in the study too…just do some research…there are certain contraindications such as with blood thinners.

I am so inspired by everyones stories…I hope that these suggestions help myself and others…Thanks for sharing…and best wishes to everyone.

I love all of the suggestions…the only problem I seem to be having is the heartburn…after every meal since I started taking the royal jelly, I am getting heartburn…bummer…

AFM…my protocol has been BCP after AF and then stop BCP, start Gonal F 225ui twice a day (450ui) and 20 units low dose HCG each night 4 days after stopping BCP…then Ganirelix and around 10 days after starting stims, HCG 10,000 trigger shot…that is my protocol…I was only showing like 3 - 4 AFC…then I had up to 10 possible follies when I was triggered…I had several over 20mm…only 7 follies were retrieved…others were empty?..not sure…all 7 were mature, only 6 fertilized w/ICSI, and only 2 made it to 5 day blast…5 months ago I had 7 nice sized follies…all over 15 during a injectable stim cycle for IUI…I was taking only 112.5ui of Gonal F once a day…

Thanks for all the advice…keep it coming.