Any symptoms when taking DHEA

I have two questions. Firstly, I’m not sure what a chemical pregnancy is, can anyone explain?

Secondly, I am taking DHEA, co Q10, vitamin d and prenatal vitamins daily. Just wondering if anyone has experienced some side effects/symptoms to taking these? (i.e., breast pain/tenderness?)http://forums.adoption.com/images/icons/icon5.gif

[quote=hoping4oneday]I have two questions. Firstly, I’m not sure what a chemical pregnancy is, can anyone explain?

Secondly, I am taking DHEA, co Q10, vitamin d and prenatal vitamins daily. Just wondering if anyone has experienced some side effects/symptoms to taking these? (i.e., breast pain/tenderness?)http://forums.adoption.com/images/icons/icon5.gif[/quote]

Hello,

A chemical pregnancy is an early miscarriage. Alot of women dont even know they have them unless they are monitoring there cycle because usually like in my case I got a positive pregnancy test and a couple days later a positive beta blood test, but then a few days later the beta numbers dropped and I was told it was a chemical pregnancy. I hadnt really heard of it until I had one myself and found out it is more common then you would think. I did lots of research online and lots of women on this forum have unfortunately had them. I also take DHEA
& CoQ10 and dont have any noticeable side effects. I take them for my low AMH level. Best of luck to you!!!

Thanks so much for your information!http://forums.adoption.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

I have heard of women getting acne from DHEA. I am on mega doses of DHEA, COQ12, Folic Acid, Inositol, PABA, Omega 3, Melatonin, Pre Natal, and 4 more. I also drink potent Chinese Herbal Meds prepared by my acupuncturist and drink 2 NASTY shots of live wheat grass daily.
I have BAD gas and lot of bathroom problems (loose stool or more). I have gained weight as well, which is ironic bc I am eating better than ever and doing all the right things (no sugar, low carbs, no caffiene). Don’t get it! I look forward to replies and info as well.

[quote=hoping4oneday]I have two questions. Firstly, I’m not sure what a chemical pregnancy is, can anyone explain?

Secondly, I am taking DHEA, co Q10, vitamin d and prenatal vitamins daily. Just wondering if anyone has experienced some side effects/symptoms to taking these? (i.e., breast pain/tenderness?)http://forums.adoption.com/images/icons/icon5.gif[/quote]

What’s micronized DHEA? I don’t know if mine is but wouldn’t it say on the label? Front or back?

[quote=My11:11wish]I was just about to write about this in a low AMH thread I’m in. I’ve been on DHEA and CoQ10 for 8 months. Just had my AMH checked and nothing has changed. I asked my nurse if I should even bother to continue with it and she replied…

Just because the AMH didn’t change, doesn’t mean it’s not helping. I would continue it for sure. It has shown benefits in response to medication, pregnancy rates and decreasing miscarriage rates. We can’t really measure how its working or not working by checking the AMH. I’m forwarding also a few articles that talk about the varied benefits that are possible from it.

So I will continue to take it. She also sent me a bunch of articles about the good effects of DHEA. If you want me to forward them to you send me an email [email protected]

I haven’t had any side effects for the most part. My face is ever so slightly oily but just to the touch, not that I can see a shine. I also tend to have a more earthly smell. I can’t describe that any other way. Its not a bad thing though. I’ve gained about 12 lbs since I’ve started IVF but I think that’s more because they have me on a thyroid pill. I think the shots add to that as well. My nurse was very specific that the DHEA needed to be micronized so make sure yours is.[/quote]

I am taking Co Q 10 400x3, royal jelly 2tsp three times a day, prenatal, b-12 , birth control pills and melatonin. I’m sleeping better but I too have gained weight despite working out and eating better and I have lot of issues with loose bowels. I think it’s from the Co Q 10. But I think it is working since my FSH came down and my E2 also came down

@ Spenanelson: How long have you been on COQ10 and DHEA? What was your baseline FSH and lowered FSH? This is encouraging although I swear my husband thinks I ac closet eating…not at all the case!
:flower:

[QUOTE=Spenanelson]I am taking Co Q 10 400x3, royal jelly 2tsp three times a day, prenatal, b-12 , birth control pills and melatonin. I’m sleeping better but I too have gained weight despite working out and eating better and I have lot of issues with loose bowels. I think it’s from the Co Q 10. But I think it is working since my FSH came down and my E2 also came down[/QUOTE]

I’ve been taking the co q 10 since November after my first period after the miscarriage. I started the dhea in December the tapered off to once a day then stopped in January.

My baseline FSH was 7.9 and went to 7.1 and my e2 went from 37 to 29. Rhe nurse said it was very encouraging.

As far as DH thinking we are obsessed and nuts, well when they are told its their fertility issues let them judge us. I bet they would be just as obsessed and nuts as we are.

Next week… Just to add to my obsession I am going to start to get massages several times a week just to keep me relaxed and calm.

Best of luck!