any tip to make it stick?

Hello ladies,

i am in the middle of my injections (menopure and follistim). wondering if you have any tips for a successful IVF (exercise, diet, etc.)

Thank you in advance

Baby555

me: no problem
DH: low motility

First IVF:pray:

I suggest Acupuncture. My RE suggests 1 session right before transfer and 1 session right after transfer. With my 1st FET I got a BFN, but with my 2nd FET I used acupuncture and got a BFP. I had a m/c… but I still did get :preg: .

Good Luck!

Good luck

Acupuncture pre and post transfer
Pineapple core and grape juice for 3 day from the ET day
No caffeine
Think positive :pray:

[quote=eimy]Good luck

Acupuncture pre and post transfer
Pineapple core and grape juice for 3 day from the ET day
No caffeine
Think positive :pray:[/quote]

Hi Eimy,

what do pineaple core and grape juice do?
i already cut cafeine from my diet.

as far acupuncture, how many times should i go before and after?

Thanks so much!

Pineapple Core Info

I found this on the web hope it helps! I am def giving it a try with my FET

Using Pineapple core to Assist Implantation: Pineapple contains bromelain. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that breaks up proteins that inhibit embryo implantation. Consuming a whole pineapple (focusing on the core as it has the highest concentration of Bromelain) during a fertility cycle can be beneficial.

For IVF [in vitro fertilization] cycle: one pineapple, divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day of your embryo transfer.

IUI [intra-uterine insemination] cycle: one pineapple, divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day of your IUI.

Timed intercourse cycle: one pineapple , divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day after ovulation.

Note: Be careful not to start consuming pineapple core too early in the cycle. Beginning to consume pineapple core BEFORE the recommended days above can actually affect your vaginal and cervical mucus PH, making it more acidic.

[quote=Lexsan]I found this on the web hope it helps! I am def giving it a try with my FET

Using Pineapple core to Assist Implantation: Pineapple contains bromelain. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that breaks up proteins that inhibit embryo implantation. Consuming a whole pineapple (focusing on the core as it has the highest concentration of Bromelain) during a fertility cycle can be beneficial.

For IVF [in vitro fertilization] cycle: one pineapple, divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day of your embryo transfer.

IUI [intra-uterine insemination] cycle: one pineapple, divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day of your IUI.

Timed intercourse cycle: one pineapple , divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day after ovulation.

Note: Be careful not to start consuming pineapple core too early in the cycle. Beginning to consume pineapple core BEFORE the recommended days above can actually affect your vaginal and cervical mucus PH, making it more acidic.[/quote]

Wow! i am going to try that!

Thanks so much!:bsv: to you

LOL- if all it took was pineapple core and apple juice, there would be a lot more sucess on these boards!! Large amounts of bromelain can cause uterine contractions, which is not great if you are trying to get pregnant. I doubt you could eat enough pineapple to get this much without getting sick first tho.

They say it can’t hurt, so if it makes you feel better, go for it.

I would say avoiding caffeine and alcohol for at least several weeks before transfer are more important. Also, drink lots of water to make sure you are properly hydrated.

There have been several studies done showing that alcohol can affect ivf results, this is not the study, just an article, but I would put more stock in this than grape juice:

Alcohol hinders having a baby through IVF, couples warned | Harvard Gazette

Good luck!

[quote=casak]LOL- if all it took was pineapple core and apple juice, there would be a lot more sucess on these boards!! Large amounts of bromelain can cause uterine contractions, which is not great if you are trying to get pregnant. I doubt you could eat enough pineapple to get this much without getting sick first tho.

They say it can’t hurt, so if it makes you feel better, go for it.

I would say avoiding caffeine and alcohol for at least several weeks before transfer are more important. Also, drink lots of water to make sure you are properly hydrated.

There have been several studies done showing that alcohol can affect ivf results, this is not the study, just an article, but I would put more stock in this than grape juice:

Alcohol hinders having a baby through IVF, couples warned | Harvard Gazette

Good luck![/quote]

Hey Casak,

Thnak you for your input.
reading your thread i saw that your first IVF was not successful but your second was! Congrats!!!:clap:

Anything you did different that time around?

Sorry , I just saw ur questions but the ladies took care of it . I never believed that both frozen embryos will stick , but I can tell you that this was my only time to try the pineapple ,grapes and acupuncture .There is a lot of success stories with it . One pineapple is enough for 5 days (cut it into 5 portions (that is nothing to cause any-harm and I even ate more and (nothing happened , in fact I am pregnant with both embryos )

For me , I did 3 sessions of acupuncture .One week before and on the same ET day , I did one session one hour before the transfer and another 2 hours after the transfer .

Good luck

[quote=eimy]Sorry , I just saw ur questions but the ladies took care of it . I never believed that both frozen embryos will stick , but I can tell you that this was my only time to try the pineapple ,grapes and acupuncture .There is a lot of success stories with it . One pineapple is enough for 5 days (cut it into 5 portions (that is nothing to cause any-harm and I even ate more and (nothing happened , in fact I am pregnant with both embryos )

For me , I did 3 sessions of acupuncture .One week before and on the same ET day , I did one session one hour before the transfer and another 2 hours after the transfer .

Good luck[/quote]

Thanks girls,

I am going to eat pineapple for sure; My ET is scheduled for next Tuesday.
I also started acupuncture today. My acupuncturist said to avoid sugar; she said it interferes with hormones (??). Oh well, I am going to have to give up my daily dose of chocolate!

Awesome

Good luck to you please keep us posted would love to hear if the pineapple core works Iam scheduled to see my re Nov 24th to work on my FET so excited I’m also trying the pineapple :pray: