Anybody TTC and still nursing???

I’m during TTW after iui with DS unmedicated. I’m still nursing my younger baby. My RE didn’t say that nursing is a problem to get :preg: as long as my cycles returned to normal and they did. Does anybody has different opinion in this topic? Does anybody know if I’m at risk of loosing milk supply if I be surprisingly lucky to get :preg: . Did anybody had similar experience and would like to share your opinion with me? :slight_smile:

I don’t have any experience for you, but I have read of similar situations on other boards, I think the area of concern was the medication and it passing thru your breast milk. I’ve also read that while nursing your prolactin levels may interfere with your fertility although many debate that. Just discuss it fully with your doctor. Good. Luck to you!

Thank you Hopeful,
BTW, I see that your RE wants you to move forward with IVF… but your DH numbers progressively move up. Isn’t it good idea to wait month or two and go with iui again?:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to you

Hey, wanted to weigh in on this one.

I have a prolactin secreting pituitary tumor that has made getting pregnant somewhat difficult as elevated levels of prolactin have, in my experience, prevented ovulation. I nursed my kiddo up until I wanted start trying for number two. I stopped nursing in January and only just last week had a period (2 years and no period, what the what?!?!). I take bromocriptine to reduce prolactin and feel this should allow me to get my cycles going. That being said, have your cycles returned? Are they your “normal” length-whatever that may be? If so, then I’d say enjoy that time with your little one/continue nursing and keep trying. However, if your cycles have not returned, then you might consider weaning. Personally, if I could have continued to nurse and try to get pregnant, I TOTALLY would. I loved nursing!

Praying for you and your next miracle!

RaeRae, yes my periods returned few months ago, otherwise I wouldn’t possibly have any chance. Thank you for responding to my questions. I wish you fast success with #2:babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

[quote=Maryanne]Thank you Hopeful,
BTW, I see that your RE wants you to move forward with IVF… but your DH numbers progressively move up. Isn’t it good idea to wait month or two and go with iui again?:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to you[/quote]

His numbers only went up because we were using his frozen specimen from 2005. Our IUI in Feb was with only 1 straw then in March we used 2 straws, thats why the #'s went up.

Maryanne - I don’t have any experience with this, but I know one of my friends from a previous DD group had two surprise BFPs while nursing. I believe she is still nursing her youngest now that she’s pregnant with her 3rd baby. And I think she nursed her oldest for a while while pregnant with her 2nd. Obviously, you’re as likely as me to have a surprise BFP, but it’s possible to continue nursing while pregnant. I’d just make sure you tell your doctor to be sure they think it’s okay. Best of luck with your cycle!!!