I am in the 2ww of my 2nd IUI. I am considering what to do if this round is another BFN.
I am thinking if it makes sense to just move on to IVF instead of wasting time for another IUI. RE recommends to do 3 IUIs before going to IVF.
I would like to ask if you can share your experience with me. If you did IUI before you transfer to IVF, can you please kindly answer a few questions for me?
How many IUIs before moving to IVF?
Successful BFP on which IVF?
[*]How bad is the medication in compare to IUI?[/LIST]Thanks, Have a great weekend. :flower:[/quote]
Wishing you a very positive outcome in your 2WW. Our RE recommended we try 3 IUI’s before moving onto IVF as well, but in the end it was our decision. If you have good insurance benifits that cover fertility then I would do another IUI if this doesn’t work out but hopefully you’ll not have to worry about that. In our case we were 100% cash paying and felt we were not getting anywhere. We knew what we had left from our savings and wanted to give it a serious shot.
We did 2 IUI’s which were back to back months and 2 days during ovulation time.
I had BFP’s on both IVF cycles. The fresh IVF resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Our frozen cycle gave us our twins.
[*]Medication for IVF was different for me. I only did clomid and ovidrel w/ IUI’s. My protocol for fresh IVF was Bravelle, Menapur and Ganerelix. Frozen cycle was much, much easier. Just progesterone-in-oil and Delestrogen injections. Medication costs were $4,500 for fresh and shy of $500 for frozen cycle like I mentioned, we were cash paying.[/LIST]I handled the injections quite well. I just put myself in a mind set and knew that I had to go thru the process in order to give us a chance of a family.
:bsv: to you! Keep us posted. :grouphug: