Anyone doing IVF In Georgia?

I am just curious if there is anyone out there doing IVF in Ga, what your experiences are with Drs and if you have heard good or bad things about Augusta clinic.
I will be getting started soon hopefully! :cross:

Thanks!

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

[QUOTE=CKM5456]I am just curious if there is anyone out there doing IVF in Ga, what your experiences are with Drs and if you have heard good or bad things about Augusta clinic.
I will be getting started soon hopefully! :cross:

Thanks!

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust:[/QUOTE]

I am from Georgia! I just got done doing my second FET with Dr. Servvy in Augusta. I adore him and he is super sweet. I am currently :preg: and waiting on my second beta results now :slight_smile: PM me anytime if you wanna talk

I am from ga too! I recently went through a full round of ivf at grs in Atlanta (fresh cycle and two frozen). I am currently waiting for an appt with dr.toledo at rba. I wanted to go to dr servvy in Augusta because his price for ivf was such a good deal but it would be such a long drive for me to Augusta!

Well I can only give my opinion!!
I saw the MCG IVF clinic in Augusta and was not impressed at all. They were very inefficient, messed up appointment times, nursing staff was very rude. The doctor there was a confused lady, kept changing her decisions about what to do with me every few weeks! So No I did not get my IVF there. Thankfully I switched jobs and moved to Atlanta. After my experience at Medical College of GA I decided I did not want to deal with the chaos and poor organisation of a teaching hospital so I went to RBA. Saw Dr Toledo as he has rave reviews in the forum. I have a fibroid that is outside my uterus. Dr Toledo suggested I have a myomectomy before IVF. The fibroid was not even in the uterus it is sitting OUTSIDE the uterus seperate from it! And to top it all when telling me I needed surgery for the fibroid he went onto say that the uterus was completely distorted because the fibroid was inside it! Clearly he did not even remember the details! Also he went onto say that he does the BEST myomectomies in GA. When a doctor claims that he is the best- it is a red flag for me. Let ME claim you are the best. In his defense though I have heard from an US tech who used to work for him that he is good at what he does. So I again had no doctor I could trust to make the right decisions for me.
Finally out of desperation I went to Dr Donna Sessions at Emory. I must say that she is truly a patient advocate. She did not try to push unnecessary surgeries or procedures on me. She clearly told me that my fibroid could be a dangerous fibroid to remove. She told me to go ahead and try IVF just as is. She is very knowledgable and quotes studies off the top of her head. Being a physician myself I felt she truly took very clear and evidence based decisions for me and was very supportive throughout. Just finished my IVF which was emotionally challenging. (I had very few eggs retrieved) . Except a few hickups with the financing person everything went well at Emory. Most of all I felt very secure knowing that my doctor knew what she was doing. My nurse was Lutissa and she was great too.

[quote=2bemom]Well I can only give my opinion!!
I saw the MCG IVF clinic in Augusta and was not impressed at all. They were very inefficient, messed up appointment times, nursing staff was very rude. The doctor there was a confused lady, kept changing her decisions about what to do with me every few weeks! So No I did not get my IVF there. Thankfully I switched jobs and moved to Atlanta. After my experience at Medical College of GA I decided I did not want to deal with the chaos and poor organisation of a teaching hospital so I went to RBA. Saw Dr Toledo as he has rave reviews in the forum. I have a fibroid that is outside my uterus. Dr Toledo suggested I have a myomectomy before IVF. The fibroid was not even in the uterus it is sitting OUTSIDE the uterus seperate from it! And to top it all when telling me I needed surgery for the fibroid he went onto say that the uterus was completely distorted because the fibroid was inside it! Clearly he did not even remember the details! Also he went onto say that he does the BEST myomectomies in GA. When a doctor claims that he is the best- it is a red flag for me. Let ME claim you are the best. In his defense though I have heard from an US tech who used to work for him that he is good at what he does. So I again had no doctor I could trust to make the right decisions for me.
Finally out of desperation I went to Dr Donna Sessions at Emory. I must say that she is truly a patient advocate. She did not try to push unnecessary surgeries or procedures on me. She clearly told me that my fibroid could be a dangerous fibroid to remove. She told me to go ahead and try IVF just as is. She is very knowledgable and quotes studies off the top of her head. Being a physician myself I felt she truly took very clear and evidence based decisions for me and was very supportive throughout. Just finished my IVF which was emotionally challenging. (I had very few eggs retrieved) . Except a few hickups with the financing person everything went well at Emory. Most of all I felt very secure knowing that my doctor knew what she was doing. My nurse was Lutissa and she was great too.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply! I wanted to hear from someone who has been there :slight_smile:

Good luck I hope this cycle is :bfp: for you!

Yea the price was really what drew us to Augusta, we have heard both good and bad things, I guess if we get there and don’t like the vibe we can always go elsewhere… Augusta is a little further from atl for us too, its like 2hr compared to 45mins…

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: and thanks for replying! Let us know how this cycle works out for you I hope its a :bfp: !

I’m not sure where in GA you are, but I know many that have gone to GCRM Savannah and had great success and very reasonable prices. You may want to take a look at them as well!

Best of luck to all of you!]