Anyone else in this strange situation?

Hi everyone

Well this is my first post! I am just in the 2WW after IUI number two…don’t feel pregnant at all so not feeling optimistic right now. My situation is that my partner doesn’t want kids and I obviously desperately do. We’ve split up several times over this, but I am 40 now and I feel it took me so long to find the person I want to spend my life with, and I love him very much. It’s a decision I ultimately couldn’t make, so in the end I told him I had to have a shot at having a baby so I would do it on my own and even though he isn’t actively supporting me in this, we are still together and in a relationship. I figured that at the end of the day, if I don’t get pregnant, at least I still have him. I have no fertility issues that I know of, and I actually got pregnant last year but sadly had a miscarriage, which I still think about in terms of “what might have been”.

As I have been moving through the first stages of treatment, I am finding it really really hard to be around him when I find out I am not pregnant. It’s so disappointing anyway, and I feel so down but I can’t share it with him - or I just don’t know whether to, as I don’t think he wants to talk about it anymore - he is just burying his head in the sand and pretending it won’t happen whilst I am praying it will.

This is a highly unusual situation and not one I would want anyone else to be in, or expect to be but has anyone been through something similar?

Thanks for reading anyway - and I really wish you all so much luck and hoping you get those :bfp: s