Anyone Else Transfering Embryos 4/18/2013

Hi gang,
here we go again, time for another transfer…
i am a gestational surrogate and am going thru IVF for 2 wonderful guys. we had a frozen transfer where 2 embryos took but failed to grow past 7 weeks. it’s been a few months and we are ready again.
they were out of donor eggs and have gone with a new donor and we are very excited to try again. hugs to all!!!
pamela:grouphug:

You are so wonderful to be a surrogate!

I’m waiting to see if I am a 3 or 5 day transfer. Probably will be 3, in which case I will transfer on Monday 4/15. Had my retrieval today. But, we won’t be far off! Will check in to see how things go. Good luck!

thats awsome! how did the retrieval go? we will have a 3dt this go around…ive had 5dt before.

Retrieval went fine. They saw 8 follies on ultrasound and retrieved 10, so I’m happy with that. This is my first IVF and I have been very sore…like I did a billion sit-ups. Not sure if that’s normal, but I’m hoping it goes away soon. I start a ton of new meds today…antibiotics, estrace, a steroid, plus my PIO shot, thyroid med, baby aspirin, prenatal. Soooo overwhelming!!

Had a ton of dreams about the fertilization report last night. Super nervous :frowning:

yes, it is super common to be sore!!!
i stop lupron today, still on estrodiol and start medrol/progestrone shots mon. some clinics do antibiotics and some don’t. i won’t be taking them this time.
with my own son(whos 5yrs) we did 12 IUI
this is my 5th IVF for others.
my partner and i had to have “help” having our son via unknown sperm donor, and this is our way of "paying it forward"
i LOVE being pregnant and know the pain of it not happening very easily…so i wanted to help others.

I’m 4/17- FET on a 5day embie. :slight_smile:

how cool!!! i will keep my fingers crossed for you:cross: :bsv:

I will either transfer on 4/15 or 4/17

are you doing fresh or frozen cycle?

fresh cycle here, and confirmed for Wednesday trasnfer:cheer: :babydust:

AWSOME!!! we will have to keep in touch!!! i am doing a fresh cycle as well!!!

Waiting to see if we are 3 day or 5 day! Today is day 2 and all of them ended up fertilizing (even the two that were behind). Of the 10, 9 were at 4-6 cells, which I guess is normal right now? They said we have a 50/50 shot at a 5-day transfer, which means I won’t know until tomorrow morning if I need a substitute for school or not. It’s really hard playing this waiting game, but kind of exciting, too!

Sounds like we will all be in the 2ww together…yay!

[quote=Francesca13]Waiting to see if we are 3 day or 5 day! Today is day 2 and all of them ended up fertilizing (even the two that were behind). Of the 10, 9 were at 4-6 cells, which I guess is normal right now? They said we have a 50/50 shot at a 5-day transfer, which means I won’t know until tomorrow morning if I need a substitute for school or not. It’s really hard playing this waiting game, but kind of exciting, too!

Sounds like we will all be in the 2ww together…yay!
quote]

thats great!!! lets hope they all hang in there and keep dividing! this will be the first time ive ever done a 3dt…

Good luck with all the transfers this week!!!
our egg donor had 19 eggs and now we just wait to see just how many fertalize!!!

oh thats great!

my 5dt is tomorrow, 4/17

[quote=sweetmomi]oh thats great!

my 5dt is tomorrow, 4/17[/quote]

wow!!! good luck!!!

AFM:
they called today to let us know that out of the 19eggs…15 fertalized!!!:woohoo:
now the intended fathers are looking into doing the 3dt or wait and do a 5dt…
in the past i have done 5dt with fresh embyos…
we are suppose to transfer on thurs at 2:45 but now it may be on sat…