Anyone get a negative HPT 5dp5dt and went on to be pregnant?

My husband and I are in our 6th IVF cycle. This time around they got 9 eggs, 8 matured. 7 eggs fertilized and 6 made it to blastocyst. They transferred two blastocyst Sunday and ended up freezing 3. I had what seemed like implantation bleeding the night of transfer.

I took an HPT (FRER) 3dp5dt and it was positive and I was so excited until I saw it disappearing in my next two tests that I did the same day. Then it occured to me it was probably the trigger shot leaving my body. Is that possible?

I tested yesterday, 4dp5dt and it was negative. Tested this morning at 5dp5dt and it was negative. Any hope?? Thanks in advance for any input. Good luck to everyone…

Hang in there! Yes, the first two HPT’s was the trigger shot. I have seen many on here that had a negative HPT and then end up pregnant. Also, look at your pregnancy test to see what the HCG detection limit is. It varies by test.

Good luck. I know it is so stressful waiting. Sending :babydust: :babydust: your way!

P.S. Here is a link to a site with HPT detection limits :slight_smile:

Home Pregnancy Test hCG Levels & FAQ - Fertility Plus

I Liked Baby Test from the Dollar Store…

I poas every day post 4 day transfer and got my BFN around day 6 or 7. It was VERY faint and SLOWLY got darker. Keep trying!

Yes, the earlier positive tests were the trigger.

And personally I think 5dp5dt is a bit early to test. I would say maybe less than 20% of women would see a positive that day. So the negative means nothing at this juncture as it’s way too early.

I tested negative on 7dp3dt (same # of days) but then tested positive by 9dp3dt. So, it’s very possible. Some ladies test negative until the day of beta.

I would say MOST people are testing positive by 12/13 days though (not to say it’s impossible if you are not but you know, it seems to be pretty common by then…) So 7dp5dt or 8dp5dt.

And yes, the type of test matters!

Good luck!

[quote=JessStillWaits]Yes, the earlier positive tests were the trigger.

And personally I think 5dp5dt is a bit early to test. I would say maybe less than 20% of women would see a positive that day. So the negative means nothing at this juncture as it’s way too early.
[/quote]

Exactly.

Positives at 3 days after transfer are from the trigger. Embryos cannot produce sufficient hCG for an HPT to detect at that point.

At 5 days it starts to become possible, but still not unlikely. Your 20% figure is probably a very good estimate. Many women test at 5 days because they heard somebody else was positive on that day, and then they become disappointed. It’s too early for an HPT to reliably detect a pregnancy.

I didn’t get a positive until 6 days post transfer.

[quote=Ghost]Exactly.

Positives at 3 days after transfer are from the trigger. Embryos cannot produce sufficient hCG for an HPT to detect at that point.

At 5 days it starts to become possible, but still not unlikely. Your 20% figure is probably a very good estimate. Many women test at 5 days because they heard somebody else was positive on that day, and then they become disappointed. It’s too early for an HPT to reliably detect a pregnancy.[/quote]

Thanks Ghost, I’ve been on these boards way too long. :wink:

Thank you!!!

You are all so kind to take the time to respond. I really appreciate it. I will keep my hopes up! I will make sure to update you ladies. I will keep praying…

I got a negative HPT on 5dp5dt and 6dp5dt and then a positive after that including multiple positive betas.

Update

Ladies this morning at 4am I tested and there was a faint line but it was definetly there I know it is a :bfp: I hope God blesses us and they stay in there for 9 months. Beta is NOV 19th. I will be :pray: for a healthy beta. I told my husband and he said “I don’t trust those peeing sticks. I will be cautious until the blood test.” After so many tears I guess I finally wanted for someone to be excited with me. Thank you ladies, please pray for my beta. I will update NOV19. For those waiting I hope you get :preg: very soon.

That is such great new! Seems like you had a great cycle and there were three to freeze. I bet these stick. What did you do different this time? This last one looks amazing. Keep us posted!:bsv:

Luz- You may want to call your office on Monday and let them know you got a bfp with hpt. Sometimes they will allow you to come do beta earlier!

Congratulations on your bfp! FYI: see the link below to see when hcg starts to show in the blood!

Otherwise this link could be titled, When can I POAS???
What happens to embryos after transfer? Read here for info![/URL] ([URL=“http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/images/adoption/misc/multipage.gif”]http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com…/multipage.gif[/URL] [URL=“http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/donor-issues-egg-sperm/2020181862-what-happens-embryos-after-transfer-read-here-info.html”]1[/URL] [URL=“http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/donor-issues-egg-sperm/2020181862-what-happens-embryos-after-transfer-read-here-info-2.html”]2)

BTW- At my dollar store, the tests they are currently selling measure hcg at 50 mcg, not the 25 they used to be!

I am 5dp5dt as well and I tested this morning and got a BFN, so disapointed. Should I test again tomorrow morning?

Baby A- Please read the link above yours saying, what happens after transfer. It tells you when hcg begins to show in your blood… 7dp5dt, 8dp5dt, 9dp5dt. I wouldn’t torture myself. I’d wait til day 7 or day 8 again to test. (MONDAY morning)

Update-1st Beta test 12dp5dt

Ladies, great news I am officially pregnant my HCG was 921 and my progesterone was 187, today at 12dp5dt. I will do another Beta Sunday. Please send sticky vibes my way. Will update then hopefully with a doubling. Hope you all are doing great. BTW anything you ladies think I should worry about with such high numbers? My almost three year old had an HCG of 53 the day of my first beta at 14p5dt. Any questions I should ask the doctor?

Congratulations!

Aren’t you glad you didn’t give up hope?!

I think I’m going to wait until beta blood test time and not torture myself with HPT.
I want to, don’t get me wrong, First Response is going to be hit hard this quarter without me buying them so often… but I just think I’d rather do the beta and not worry about HPT if possible.

We’ll see when the time comes. lol

Update: 2nd beta-concerned

Hi ladies. Just wanted to let you know I had my 2nd beta today and I am really concerned. My first one was on Friday 11/19 and HCG was 921. Today, 11/21 the 2nd beta was done at around the same time and it was 1,732. I am kind of concerned because it is not exactly doubling every 48 hours. I used an internet calculator and it is doubling at 52.4 hours. Should I be concerned? I placed a general post to see if hopefully some experienced ladies that know about HCG doubling could let me know whether I should be concerned. Please send some :pray: my way. Many hugs to you all…

What I did different this cycle

I was a very bad patient this time around and took it upon myself after much research to modify my own protocol. I read a lot about women like me who respond too agressively to fertility drugs and their eggs grow way faster than average and the estrogen shoots up and apparently following conventional protocols just fries their eggs and they don’t fertilize. So some doctors I think it was in Japan and Europe have been using minimal drugs like starting them at 125 of Follistim and then dramatically decreasing after two days to 75 twice a day to 50 twice a day. So as soon as I saw my eggs were like 12 already on like the second day of Follistin I started decreasing it. In addition, once the majority of the eggs hit between 16-18 I demanded that we triggered basically a day early or I would cancel the cycle. My doctor was very dissapointed with getting such few eggs but I knew that fewer eggs in women like me were the key to better quality. We also did fresh sperm retrieved that day from my husband. I told my doctor after 90% fertilized and he was shocked and was like I will consider this for other women with your characteristics.

Thank you soooo much! I was so concerned… Do you think there is any chance it might be twins my son’s initial beta was only 53 at 14p5dt?