Anyone Had A First Beta That Did Not Double And Then Jump At Beta #3?

As you can see from my signature my first beta 113 (9dp6dt) did not double (beta #2 153)…I was told by RE that the jump was adequate but not optimal but he had me continue to take estrace/endometrin three times a day and come back on 11/28 (19dp6dt) for beta #3 and scan…looking for some peace of mind…anyone else have a similar story where their HCG numbers eventually caught up after not doubling initially?? I am so scared and obsessing:pray:

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Jackie,

Not exactly the reply you want, but it’s a reply! My wife and I have been obsessing over things since our :bfp: a week ago. Our number doubled on the second beta, which is good, but we have to wait 2 weeks until an U/S now and pass the time googling and looking at forums to compare/contrast other betas and growth and days of bloodwork in relation to ours, etc, etc. It’s easy with something so important to drive you crazy!

I guess the point I’m trying to get at is the growth you’ve shown is a positive. If history has shown anything to any of us on here its that nothing in life (or creating life) is perfect and all we want is our chance. It looks like you’ve got a shot in all of this and that’s what we all have been fighting for right?

Hang in there, nothing is textbook so if you can try not to worry too much over it, and best of luck on your next test! I’m sure it’ll be great! In the meantime, hopefully you will get some replies with experience that can put you more at ease.

[quote=JackieoK62709]As you can see from my signature my first beta 113 (9dp6dt) did not double (beta #2 153)…I was told by RE that the jump was adequate but not optimal but he had me continue to take estrace/endometrin three times a day and come back on 11/28 (19dp6dt) for beta #3 and scan…looking for some peace of mind…anyone else have a similar story where their HCG numbers eventually caught up after not doubling initially?? I am so scared and obsessing:pray:

Thanks for sharing :)[/quote]

I see you transferred 2 embryos. Vanishing twin would explain the increase but not doubling of a beta and is probably what your RE is hoping for. I am surprised they aren’t having you come in sooner for a third beta before u/s. However, the scan is really the only thing that will tell you what’s going on, so unfortunately it’s a waiting game.

I really hope you get good news and there is one little bean doing well when you get your u/s. Good luck!!!

Yes! And it really stinks. Check out my numbers inky signature. I had a similar situation with dd. All was fine both times. I am almost 17 weeks! Good luck.