Anyone have 2ww now?

Hi everyone
I have read all of your posts during my ivf cycle and they have been so helpful. I just had my day 3 transfer on 11/19 and I’m totally stressing. Waiting until the 30th seems impossible! Help!

I am in the 2WW also! I had my transfer of two 5-day blasts on Thursday, 11/18. I was pretty much on bedrest until today which is Monday. Today I did some laundry and some light grocery shopping. Still not taking the stairs, still only taking the dog out for very short walks, and trying not to bend over too much. I go back to work tomorrow. I am so scared of doing something wrong!

Amazing how active you really are day to day until you deliberately put the brakes on all of it. I never realized how much running around I do each day between work, exercising the dog, making dinner every night, etc.

Are you having any symptoms?? I was having twinges, cramping, and pulling for about 3 days post transfer but all of it has stopped today and it is freaking me out!!!

Hope you are staying sane!

I’m in the 2ww too. I also had my transfer four days ago, on Thursday.

Ladyluck: I had cramps for about three days. I haven’t had too many today. Maybe the uterus was reacting after ET?

BBE - Did you have a 5 day or 3 day transfer? I have read all the success story threads and it seems like most of them had continuous cramping but mine are now gone. I am trying not to overanalyze everything but it’s a little impossible not to.

My beta is on 11/29. I am pretty sure I am not going to take an HPT. I guess the date of your beta would depend on whether you did a 3 day or 5 day transfer. How many days did you rest? I hope we all get our BFP’s!!!

[quote=LadyLuck]BBE - Did you have a 5 day or 3 day transfer? I have read all the success story threads and it seems like most of them had continuous cramping but mine are now gone. I am trying not to overanalyze everything but it’s a little impossible not to.

My beta is on 11/29. I am pretty sure I am not going to take an HPT. I guess the date of your beta would depend on whether you did a 3 day or 5 day transfer. How many days did you rest? I hope we all get our BFP’s!!![/quote]

I had a 3 day transfer. I did mini ivf and had two good but not great embryos transferred. My RE told me strict bed rest for three days, but I was lounging around the living room too. My beta is on the first…I keep hoping for symptoms like constipation or constant peeing but everything is normal so far. I’m trying to stay positive but it’s hard for a pessimist like me. :babydust:

I have already decided that the day of my beta, I’ll have them call DH and I’ll keep my phone shut off until I am on my way home from work. I haven’t been too public about all of this and I would hate to start crying at work. Luckily we have 2 frozen embies and that makes me feel a little bit better.

You are not the only pessimist! I don’t think anyone goes into IVF overly optimistic. Success seems rather random. My 40 year old GF had success on the first try with twins! She had some issues and her DH had severe MFI. Then there are others who seem to be the picture of health and have to go thru multiple cycles.

My sister keeps telling me it is really out of my hands and I have to leave it to fate and relax. Only if it were that easy!

Glad to have others in the dreaded 2WW!

Hi ladies!
So good to know there are others going through this right now with me! I still have some soreness/cramping. It never really went away since the ER. Yesterday was my first day out and I was so nervous. Every little thing I did worried me! Ughh. So nerve-racking. Luckily I was able to take off work from my retrieval all the way through my test so that’s been good bc I have a stressful job. However I wonder if work wouldve kept me busier an not thinking as much. I’m the queen of second guessing!! Haha.

Ladyluck- what do you think of the acupuncture? I’ve been doing it for over 6 months. I did it also right before and right after my transfer. It is so hard bc it isn’t like you can see the difference. Do you notice any changes?

I do acupuncture too and I like it. I had a 28 day cycle for the first time when I started acupuncture.

I :pray: all you ladies get a :bfp: . Lots of luck and baby dust!

Hi Everyone—
I am new to this board. I am currently in my 2WW. Like Starr630 I had my transfer on the 19th and am patiently (or impatiently) waiting until the 30th for my blood test.

This was my first IVF cycle after 6+ years of infertility (unexplained.) We got 29 eggs out of my retrieval and 21 of those were fertilized. We had two embryos put in on Friday the 19th… a 9 cell and an 8 cell.

Wishing everyone here all kinds of luck!!:cross:

MyMaSp- 21 fertilized?? Wow!! How many did you freeze? What did your re say about a 3 vs 5 day transfer? Also, how are you feeling today? I’m still crampy, which I hope and pray is a good sign :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Starr630]MyMaSp- 21 fertilized?? Wow!! How many did you freeze? What did your re say about a 3 vs 5 day transfer? Also, how are you feeling today? I’m still crampy, which I hope and pray is a good sign :)[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I couldn’t believe it when they told me. TWENTY ONE! We weren’t even going to do the freezing thing (and just start with freshies each time) until we found out how many we got. We froze 11 of them, all 8 and 9 cells.

My doctor doesn’t seem to think, with our condition and age (unexplained infertility, late 20s) a 5 day transfer will give us any more benefit over a 3. Here’s hopin!

As for symptoms, I had a mild case of OHSS, so I thought I was going to die on Sunday and Monday, but today I woke up feeling back to normal (or close to.) My symptoms with OHSS was just major pressure in my upper abdomen and huge bloating.

My one other symptom is like you, cramping. Almost like an AF type cramping. Crossing my fingers it is a good sign!

Only another week of this 2ww! Phew!

Starr630 - I agree that you can’t really tell if anything is happening but it did shorten my cycle from 34 days to 28 days. It also gives me peace of mind knowing that I am doing just about all I can do. Is it worth all of the money I’ve spent? Absolutely for peace of mind! My husband thinks I’m a little nutty about it though and that acupuncturists are sales people too in the end. My acupuncturist is great!

So, now that we have a few ladies on this thread, what kind of symptoms is everyone having and did you have a 3 or 5 day transfer? I went from having cramps and twinges and pulling until about 3 days after the transfer and now I feel nothing. It is really really worrying me!

I also read thru the other 2WW thread from early November and was surprised how few BFP’s there were. This also really bummed me out! I just felt so bad for everyone and just about started crying. I am so emotional these days.

I pray we have BFP’s across the board!

I read that other 2 ww post too which bummed me out as well. I also read some woman’s post who was cramping a lot and whose dr said it was a good sign and then she got BFN. So there’s really no telling what is ‘right’. I agree about the acupuncture that it is helpful for peace of mind. But it’s a trade off bc the treatments go on my credit CDs mostly and this extra debt then stresses me! Do your acupuncturists use moxa by any chance?

Just want to wish all you ladies good luck!!! :bsv::bsv: to you!!!

It really is difficult, because we want to analyze every single thing that is happening to our bodies because we want a sign so badly! It’s hard to just lay back and let it happening, isn’t it?!?!

Hey, on a positive note, maybe we will be distracted with Thanksgiving and Black Friday? That’s just a couple more days where we don’t have to think too much about it!! :woohoo:

[quote=LadyLuck]I am in the 2WW also! I had my transfer of two 5-day blasts on Thursday, 11/18. I was pretty much on bedrest until today which is Monday. Today I did some laundry and some light grocery shopping. Still not taking the stairs, still only taking the dog out for very short walks, and trying not to bend over too much. I go back to work tomorrow. I am so scared of doing something wrong!

Amazing how active you really are day to day until you deliberately put the brakes on all of it. I never realized how much running around I do each day between work, exercising the dog, making dinner every night, etc.

Are you having any symptoms?? I was having twinges, cramping, and pulling for about 3 days post transfer but all of it has stopped today and it is freaking me out!!!

Hope you are staying sane![/quote]

The first two times I had m/c I felt cramps and backaches and this time around I felt cramps for 3 days post ET. I was so worried as well because i felt nothing but i got :bfp:so that might be a good sign… :pray: for you…

[QUOTE=cynthia111]Just want to wish all you ladies good luck!!! :bsv::bsv: to you!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!

Am I reading right that you got your BFP today?!?! CONGRATULATIONS! That is fantastic news :cheer:

yes mymasp, thank you… now we have to get good news for you…