Anyone have sore boobs?

Hi all!

This post is on the lighter note. This month I was prepping to do IVF. I was taking Follistim and low HGC hormone. I only ended up with three follicles, so my treatment was switched to an IUI. I had a trigger shot and we did the procedure on Sunday.

My boobs are hurting! Is this a side effect of all the hormones? Did anyone else experience this? It can’t be a pregnancy. It is too soon for that.

On a side note: I have told two of my friends about the sore boobs and they both had the same excited reaction. “Thats wonderful!” Will there ever be another time where my friends will be so happy for me to have boobs that hurt? Lol!

It’s absolutely from the hormones now, but I hope your sore boobs stick around!!

Again, it is hilarious that people are so excited about sore boobs.

And I can’t help but not mind them! But I know it is too soon to be a pregnancy.

So what hormones are triggering this? Is this common?

I have had pre period sore boobs, but these are beyond that.

Do you have to take progesterone? Literally the day after I started taking it my boobs were hurting. Some days its a little less and then somedays I just go through the roof if something touches them! Today I’m on latter…

I started progesterone today, but the boobs started this a couple of days ago.

Sorry to hear yours are so sensitive right now. They should make some kind of padded body armor to protect the girls!

[quote=MrsGarrett]Again, it is hilarious that people are so excited about sore boobs.

And I can’t help but not mind them! But I know it is too soon to be a pregnancy.

So what hormones are triggering this? Is this common?

I have had pre period sore boobs, but these are beyond that.[/quote]It’s either from the trigger shot or the progesterone the corpus luteum is producing (or supplemental progesterone if you’re doing that) or the estrogen or a combination of any or all of them. Super duper common. :slight_smile: